How to Claim Reimbursement
- Each successful applicant will be provided with Reimbursement Claim Form (RCF) (SFAA193/194) which should be submitted after successful completion of the course(s) and, in any event, within four years from the date the application was approved.
- "Successful completion" of the course means that the claimant must pass the course assessment as required by the course provider. Each course provider would have its own method of assessing successful completion of courses, including, but not limited to, examinations.
Claimants should submit to the Office of the Continuing Education Fund the duly completed RCF, stamped by HKU SPACE, along with the following documents:
- Photocopy(ies) of the yellow HKU SPACE Official Recepit(s);
Photocopy(ies) of the documentary proof of successful completion of the course:
- Award Certificate; or
- Statement of Achievement; or
- Letters or Transcripts issued by HKU SPACE certifying the claimant has passed the relevant course assessment; and
- Copy of the front page the claimant's bank passbook/statement showing his/her name and account number.
- Claimants studying language courses are additionally required to pass or attain the minimum benchmark of specified benchmark test specified by the Government within the four-year validity period.
- Benchmark Test/Examination fees may also be reimbursed if accompanied with a claim for the relevant language course.
- Claimant should attach copies of documentary proof of passing or attaining the minimum benchmark of the benchmark tests/examinations and examination fee receipts.
- Reimbursement will be made by direct credit to the claimant's bank account. Credit card accounts, fixed deposit accounts and foreign currency deposit accounts are not acceptable accounts for direct credit of the reimbursement.
- Payment will be made within six weeks from the date of receipt of the RCF, subject to complete and satisfactory supporting documents being provided.
- Each applicant may make up to four claims of reimbursement, subject to a ceiling of HK$10,000 within four years from the date the application was approved. The CEF account for the applicant will be closed once the fourth reimbursement has been made or when the full sum of HK$10,000 has been drawn or at the end of the four-year period notwithstanding any unclaimed balance remaining in the account.
The Government stipulates that to be eligible for reimbursements under the CEF Scheme, all students who enrolled in a CEF Reimbursable Course on or after 1 February 2008 be required to:-
- attend at least 70% of the Course; and
- achieve at least a 50% passing mark in the overall assessment of the Course
Procedures for the Stamping of Reimbursement Claim Form
Complete the Continuing Education Fund (CEF) Reimbursement Claim Form (RCF). (SFAA193/194) (Please refer to "Notes on Completing the Reimbursement Claim Form")
Note: Please fill in the following information as indicated on the yellow Official Receipt issued by HKU SPACE
- Commencement Date
- Net Tuition Fee HK$
- Receipt Date
Enclose the following documents in an A4 size envelope and forward the envelope to any of the HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres listed below:
- 3/F, TT Tsui Building, HKU Campus
- Admiralty Learning Centre
- Island East Campus
- North Point Learning Centre
- Kowloon East Campus
- Kowloon West Campus
- HPCC Campus
- a self-addressed envelope with postage stamp affixed;
- the duly complete Reimbursement Claim Form;
- Photocopy(ies) of the yellow HKU SPACE Official Receipt(s);
- Photocopy(ies) of the documentary proof of successful completion of the course, e.g. Award Certificate or Statement of Achievement or Letters or Transcripts issued by HKU SPACE certifying the claimant has passed the relevant course assessment.
- HKU SPACE will return the stamped Reimbursement Claim Form to the claimant with fourteen working days by post.