Applying in Person
Step 1. Submit Application
Where can I find the Programme Codes for filling in the application form?
Click here to download the Checklist.
Who should submit an additional application form?
Applicants of programmes listed below are required to submit both the CIDP Application Form (Undergraduate Programmes)/ CIDP Application Form (Postgraduate Programmes and Executive Courses) and the respective University's application form:
- For applicants of BSc Business, BSc Banking and Finance, BSc Economics and Management, BSc Accounting and Finance and BSc Computing and Information Systems, University of London Application Form is required.
- For applicants of Bachelor of Commerce (Marketing and Advertising), BCom (Accounting) and BCom (Accounting & Accounting Technologies), Curtin University Application Form is required.
- For applicants of BA (Hons) Marketing & Management, BSc (Hons) Accounting, BA (Hons) Criminology and BA (Hons) Criminology with Psychology, University of Hull Application Form is required.
- For applicants of Master of Finance, Curtin University Application Form for Master's Programmes is required.
Can non-Hong Kong residents apply for CIDP programmes?
To study a CIDP undergraduate or postgraduate programme leading to an overseas award, non-Hong Kong resident applicants are required to obtain a student visa. It is the responsibility of individual students to arrange the appropriate visa permit before they enrol to any programmes.
Non-Hong Kong resident can apply for the Postgraduate Diploma programme leading to the award within the HKU System through HKU SPACE, and executive courses.
Can sub-degree graduates from other institutions apply for degree programmes at HKU SPACE CIDP?
Associate Degree/ Higher Diploma graduates from HKU SPACE and other institutions are eligible to apply. Please refer to the individual programmes' Entry Requirement.
Owing to limited places, applicants are advised to apply as early as possible.
Application fee* of HK$150 will be charged when an applicant submits the CIDP application form. The fee can be paid by cash or EPS, or bank draft made payable to "HKU SPACE", VISA or MasterCard, at any of the HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
An official receipt will be issued upon receiving the application fee. The receipt is not a guarantee that the application is successful.
Application fee will be waived at specified periods. Please refer to our website or contact us for enquiries.
*Applicants of BSc Business, BSc Banking and Finance, BSc in Economics and Management, BSc Accounting and Finance, BSc Computing and Information Systems will be required to pay the University of London a non-refundable Application Handling fee of GBP72.
Step 2. Provide Supporting Documents
What supporting documents are required*?
Certified true copies of the supporting documents are required. Applicants should submit one set of i) photocopies of required supporting documents, and bring along ii) the original official documents for verification, at any of the HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
Required supporting documents include:
1) HKID card (for local applicants) or passport/ travel documents (for non-local applicants); and
2) Academic transcripts and award certificates of required qualifications:
- For undergraduate admission, academic transcripts and award certificates of Associate Degree/ Higher Diploma, or equivalent, are required;
- For postgraduate admission, academic transcripts and award certificates of required qualifications (e.g. sub-degree, bachelor's or postgraduate degree) are required; and
3) Certificate/ Proof of English proficiency from recognised public examinations/ English tests (e.g. HKCEE/ HKALE/ HKDSE/ IELTS/ TOEFL), as required.
*Note: Applicants who cannot present the above-mentioned documents upon submission of the application form are required to submit all the outstanding documents within 10 working days to any of the HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres. Applicants who fail to submit the required additional application form (if applicable) or supporting documents will result in delay of their applications for admission and subsequent enrolments.
Step 3. Wait for Interview/ Result Announcement
Interview as part of the selection process may be arranged and shortlisted applicants will be notified by post, via email or by phone. Applicants will be contracted by individual programme team for result of their application.
Fees paid are not refundable except as statutorily provided or under very exceptional circumstances.
For an applicant who obtains a government-funded place for a full-time degree programme from a UGC-funded institution in Hong Kong, CIDP will make full refund of the tuition fee paid upon request. The request for refund must be made in writing to the Administrative Officer before the commencement of the relevant programme. The refund process may take up to two months after the submission of the written request.
For 3-day Executive Course applicants, payment and enrolment to a course cannot be transferred. Once accepted to a course, each participant is not allowed to switch to another course. When a transfer is approved under special circumstances, a processing fee of HK$980 will be levied on every approved transfer.
The application fee is not refundable.