The competition to get ahead at work today is intense. Improving your English skills may well be one of the best ways of gaining that promotion or securing that new job. Whatever your field of work, the HKU SPACE Business English courses should help you finetune your skills and communicate with more confidence in English at a higher level in the workplace.
• discuss language complexities found in international business situations; and
• communicate effectively in different cultural settings in the workplace.
This course focuses on Impromptu Talk and Discussion. It aims to develop oral communications skills that enable you to speak clearly and present ideas coherently.
• organise information and write effective business reports in English; and
• present ideas convincingly to a professional audience in a formal oral presentation.
• identify elements of good written communication demanded in different workplaces or industries;
• make use of good rhetoric, genre, design and visual presentation in a variety of professional writing situations; and
• apply principles of editing, revising and reflecting on one’s writings.