The competition to get ahead at work today is intense. Improving your English skills may well be one of the best ways of gaining that promotion or securing that new job. Whatever your field of work, the HKU SPACE Business English courses should help you finetune your skills and communicate with more confidence in English at a higher level in the workplace.
Contents of the programme:
Part 1 Library Services and Procedures
Part 2 General Library Principles and Practice
Part 3 Children’s and School Libraries
Part 4 Practical Lessons and Visits to Libraries
• identify elements of good written communication demanded in different workplaces or industries;
• make use of good rhetoric, genre, design and visual presentation in a variety of professional writing situations; and
• apply principles of editing, revising and reflecting on one’s writings.
• discuss language complexities found in international business situations; and
• communicate effectively in different cultural settings in the workplace.