Wouldn't it be fun to improve your English so that you can communicate with interesting people from other countries, travel more easily, access the millions of pages in English on the web, appreciate films, or simply impress people around you? The HKU SPACE General English Courses should help you achieve such goals.
We offer the following programmes/courses:
- General English
- English Language Skills / Focus Skills
- Advanced Focus Skills
- English for Academic Purposes
- English for Leisure - Travel
- Public Speaking and Presentation Skills
To get admitted, either:
- gain direct entry by meeting individual course requirements; or
- take The SPACE English Course Entrance Examination.
• discuss language complexities found in international business situations; and
• communicate effectively in different cultural settings in the workplace.
This course focuses on Impromptu Talk and Discussion. It aims to develop oral communications skills that enable you to speak clearly and present ideas coherently.
• organise information and write effective business reports in English; and
• present ideas convincingly to a professional audience in a formal oral presentation.
• identify elements of good written communication demanded in different workplaces or industries;
• make use of good rhetoric, genre, design and visual presentation in a variety of professional writing situations; and
• apply principles of editing, revising and reflecting on one’s writings.