Social SciencesMedia & Communication
Advanced Certificate in Social Media and Marketing Communications
- Study mode
- Start Date
- To be advised
- Next intake(s)
- 1 year and 6 months to 3 years
This programme is devised for students who are interested in a career in marketing and corporate communications. It examines the theories and techniques of major marketing communication functions like advertising, public relations, direct marketing and sales promotion.
The curriculum consists of 4 marketing communications modules:
Social Media Marketing
Advertising in Practice
Public Relations in Practice
**The School reserves the right to change the start day of the programme.Days / Time
- Tuesday 6:45-9:45pm, or
- Thursday 6:45-9:45pm, or
- Saturday 2:30-5:30pm
- 24 to 39 hours per module
- 4 module(s)
Applicant should have:
- a recognized Bachelor Degree in any discipline; OR
- an Associate Degree/ Higher Diploma/ Advanced Diploma or an equivalent sub-degree award plus some work experience.
- HK$15000 (Full payment, should be paid upon the receipt of an offer. Course fees are non-refundable and subject to change without prior notice.)
- The CEF Institution Code of HKU SPACE is 100
CEF SectorBusiness Services
|Marketing Communications (Module from Advanced Diploma in Applied Social Sciences Programmes and Advanced Certificate in Social Media and Marketing Communications)
|COURSE CODE 21Z06584-A||FEES $3,500||ENQUIRY 2975-5725|
|Advertising in Practice (Module from Advanced Diploma in Applied Social Sciences Programmes and Advanced Certificate in Social Media and Marketing Communications)
|COURSE CODE 21Z06585-8||FEES $3,500||ENQUIRY 3762-0868|
|Public Relations in Practice (Module from Advanced Diploma in Applied Social Sciences Programmes and Advanced Certificate in Social Media and Marketing Communications)
|COURSE CODE 21Z06586-6||FEES $ 3,500||ENQUIRY 3762-0868|
|Continuing Education Fund reimbursable programme (selected modules only)
Some modules of this programme have been included in the list of CEF reimbursable programmes. Application for CEF has to be made before commencement of the modules.
Application Form Download Application FormEnrolment Method
All documents should be sent to Ms. Chan, Room1109, 11/F, Fortress Tower, 250 King’s Road, North Point, Hong Kong
- Duly completed HKU SPACE application form
- Copies of academic certificates
- A crossed cheque for HK$150 made payable to “HKU SPACE”
- 500-word personal statement (outlining your education, training and working experience and saying how you think will benefit from the programme);
The application document can also be submitted to any one of our enrollment centres.
1. Cash or EPS
Course fees can be paid by cash or EPS at any HKU SPACE enrolment counters.
2. Cheque or bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please specify theprogramme title(s) for application and applicant’s name. You may either:
- bring the completed form(s), together with the appropriate course or application fees in the form of a cheque, and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres;
- or mail the above documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope. HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment sent by mail.
Applicants may also pay the course fee by VISA or MasterCard, including the “HKU SPACE MasterCard”, at anyHKU SPACE enrolment centres. Holders of the HKU SPACE MasterCard can enjoy a 10-month interest-freeinstalment period for courses with a tuition fee worth a minimum of HK$2,000; however, the course applicant must also be the cardholder himself/herself. For enquiries, please contact our staff at any enrolment centres.
4. Online payment
The course fees of all open admission courses (course enrolled on first come, first served basis) and selected award-bearing programmes can be settled by using PPS via the Internet. Applicants may also pay the relevant course fees by VISA or MasterCard online. Please refer to the Online Services page on the School website.
For general and short courses, applicants may be required to pay the course fee in cash or by EPS, Visa or MasterCard if the course is to start shortly.
Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, cheque or PPS (for online payment only) will normally be reimbursed by a cheque, and fees paid by credit card will normally be reimbursed to the payment cardholder’s credit card account.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme team for details.
- Fees and places on courses cannot be transferred from one applicant to another. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on approved transfers.
- Receipts will be issued for fees paid but HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of receipt sent by mail.
- For additional copies of receipts, please send a stamped, self-addressed envelope with a completed form and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to ‘HKU SPACE’. Such copies will only normally be issued at the end of a course.