Executive EducationApplied Finance
Postgraduate Diploma in Behavioural Finance
- Course Code
- Application Code
- QF Level
- Study mode
- Start Date
- 11 Apr 2017 (Tue)
- Next intake(s)
- To be advised
- 1 year
- Course Fee
- HK$45,000 per programme
Drawing on the combined insights of finance and behavioural science, behavioural finance recognises that our abilities to make complex investment decisions are limited by investor biases and emotions. The programme will offer you critical insights and actionable ideas in (1) Behavioural Finance Framework – assessing investment opportunities and potential risks caused by behavioural biases; (2) Human Nature and Investment – exploiting investment decision traps and (3) Analytical Tools in Behavioural Finance – making better solutions for financial planning.
Financial market is getting more turbulent and unpredictable, conventional and scientific ways to predict or analyze the market is not sufficient nowadays. Human judgment and insights from psychological research have strong influence in financial decision making. We believe Behavioural Finance, a newly Nobel prize winning subject that provides new perspective in analyzing the financial market by investigating into human psychology is the new trend. Those who are able to master such innovative techniques are expected to have higher return and reduce portfolio risk.
The programme aims to provide students with a structural framework for analysing how psychological factors impact financial behaviour and financial markets. It will discuss the implications of behavioural finance theories on asset prices, market trading and financial planning with a focus of real-world applications. The programme helps students explore the possibility to improve investment performance by recognising the behavioural biases and applying appropriate techniques.
- Course Fee : HK$45,000 per programme
Application Form Download Application FormEnrolment Method
- Complete the application form.
- Submit the application form with the following documents:
(a) CERTIFIED TRUE COPIES of all relevant academic and/or professional qualifications (please also bring along the originals of these documents for certification at HKU SPACE enrollment center);
(b) Copy of HKID card / Passport and visa (if applicable); and
(c) a non-refundable application fee of HK$150 by crossed chequq made payable to "HKUSPACE".
The complete set of application should be submitted in person to any HKU SPACE enrollment centres.
** Double-sided printing is much appreciated**Payment Method
1. Cash or EPS
Course fees can be paid by cash or EPS at any HKU SPACE enrolment counters.
2. Cheque or bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please specify theprogramme title(s) for application and applicant’s name. You may either:
- bring the completed form(s), together with the appropriate course or application fees in the form of a cheque, and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres;
- or mail the above documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope. HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment sent by mail.
Applicants may also pay the course fee by VISA or MasterCard, including the “HKU SPACE MasterCard”, at anyHKU SPACE enrolment centres. Holders of the HKU SPACE MasterCard can enjoy a 10-month interest-freeinstalment period for courses with a tuition fee worth a minimum of HK$2,000; however, the course applicant must also be the cardholder himself/herself. For enquiries, please contact our staff at any enrolment centres.
4. Online payment
The course fees of all open admission courses (course enrolled on first come, first served basis) and selected award-bearing programmes can be settled by using PPS via the Internet. Applicants may also pay the relevant course fees by VISA or MasterCard online. Please refer to the Online Services page on the School website.
For general and short courses, applicants may be required to pay the course fee in cash or by EPS, Visa or MasterCard if the course is to start shortly.
Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, cheque or PPS (for online payment only) will normally be reimbursed by a cheque, and fees paid by credit card will normally be reimbursed to the payment cardholder’s credit card account.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme team for details.
- Fees and places on courses cannot be transferred from one applicant to another. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on approved transfers.
- Receipts will be issued for fees paid but HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of receipt sent by mail.
- For additional copies of receipts, please send a stamped, self-addressed envelope with a completed form and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to ‘HKU SPACE’. Such copies will only normally be issued at the end of a course.
- More Programmes of
- Applied Finance