Social SciencesMedia & Communication
Postgraduate Diploma in Digital Media
- Study mode
- Start Date
- 21 Oct 2017 (Sat)
- Next intake(s)
- Around 12 months
- Course Fee
- HK$43,800 per programme
This programme aims to provide a broad-based education that prepares students to be digital media and broadcasting professionals who can incorporate various skills and practices across different media platforms such as television, the Internet and mobile phones. Students will learn to express their visions and visualise their ideas on screen through practical training on writing, directing, cinematography, sound and editing.
This programme is a strategic initiative to meet the emerging needs of the digital media and broadcasting industry, in both the traditional one and the growing ones like Webcasting and mobile TV.
- focuses on the technical, social and cultural competencies required to transfer media in different platforms and convergence environments.
- trains students to visualize their ideas on screen through practical training on writing, directing, cinematography, sound and editing.
*Non-local residents, including Mainland Chinese, who are interested in this programme, please contact the programme team for more information.
- Contemporary Studies in Media and Communication
- Visual Communication
- Advertising in New Media
- Digital Media and Broadcasting
- Media Programming and Management
- Digital Video Workshop*
Remarks: Course sequences are subject to change.
Days / Time
- Saturday 2:00-5:00 pm and/or 6:00-9:00 pm (Sun/weekday evenings classes might be conducted in some special occasions.)
- hold a bachelor’s degree awarded by a recognized university; OR
- hold a professional qualification(s) in related industries; and five years of relevant work experience;
- have a good command of English. If the degree or equivalent qualification is from an institution where the language of teaching and assessment is not English, applicants shall provide evidence of English proficiency, such as:
- an overall band of 6.0 or above with no subtests lower than 5.5 in the IELTS; or
- a score of 550 or above in the paper-based TOEFL, or a score of 213 or above in the
- computer-based TOEFL, or a score of 80 or above in the internet-based TOEFL; or
- HKALE Use of English at Grade E or above; or
- HKDSE Examination English Language at Level 3 or above; or
- equivalent qualifications.
Applicants with other qualifications will be considered on individual merit.
HK$150 (Non-refundable)Course Fee
- Course Fee : HK$43,800 per programme (To be paid in two instalments, non-refundable and subject to change without prior notice. Admin charge apply to course withdrawal.)
- The CEF Institution Code of HKU SPACE is 100
CEF SectorCreative Industries
|Postgraduate Diploma in Digital Media|
|COURSE CODE 28G09633-8||FEES $43,800||ENQUIRY 3762-0868|
|Continuing Education Fund
This programme has been included in the list of CEF reimbursable programmes. Application for CEF has to be made before commencement of the programme.
Application Form Download Application FormEnrolment Method
Please send all the following documents to Ms. Chan at Room 11/F, Fortress Tower, 250, King's Road, North Point, HK. by post or submit through one of our enrolment counters in person:
- Duly completed HKU SPACE application form (SF26);
- Copies of academic certificates;
- A 500-word letter outlining the applicant's education, training and working experience, and saying how he/she would benefit from the programme;
- A crossed cheque for HK$150 made payable to "HKU SPACE";
A copy of HKID card or passport.
1. Cash or EPS
Course fees can be paid by cash or EPS at any HKU SPACE enrolment counters.
2. Cheque or bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please specify theprogramme title(s) for application and applicant’s name. You may either:
- bring the completed form(s), together with the appropriate course or application fees in the form of a cheque, and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres;
- or mail the above documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope. HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment sent by mail.
Applicants may also pay the course fee by VISA or MasterCard, including the “HKU SPACE MasterCard”, at anyHKU SPACE enrolment centres. Holders of the HKU SPACE MasterCard can enjoy a 10-month interest-freeinstalment period for courses with a tuition fee worth a minimum of HK$2,000; however, the course applicant must also be the cardholder himself/herself. For enquiries, please contact our staff at any enrolment centres.
4. Online payment
The course fees of all open admission courses (course enrolled on first come, first served basis) and selected award-bearing programmes can be settled by using PPS via the Internet. Applicants may also pay the relevant course fees by VISA or MasterCard online. Please refer to the Online Services page on the School website.
For general and short courses, applicants may be required to pay the course fee in cash or by EPS, Visa or MasterCard if the course is to start shortly.
Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, cheque or PPS (for online payment only) will normally be reimbursed by a cheque, and fees paid by credit card will normally be reimbursed to the payment cardholder’s credit card account.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme team for details.
- Fees and places on courses cannot be transferred from one applicant to another. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on approved transfers.
- Receipts will be issued for fees paid but HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of receipt sent by mail.
- For additional copies of receipts, please send a stamped, self-addressed envelope with a completed form and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to ‘HKU SPACE’. Such copies will only normally be issued at the end of a course.