BusinessMarketing & Branding
Professional Certificate in Marketing
- Course Code
- Application Code
- QF Level
- Study mode
- Start Date
- 03 Jul 2017 (Mon)
- Next intake(s)
- 8 months to 1 year and 6 months
HKU SPACE offers Professional Certificate in Marketing (hereafter ‘The Programme”) to adult learners. The programme provides theoretical concepts of marketing and the knowledge of business economics and sales management. The programme is recognized by the Hong Kong Institute of Marketing (hereafter ‘HKIM’)
The programme aims to provide students with a foundation in marketing and its integration with other important functional business units such as economics and sales management. Students may also choose to progress into the Professional Diploma in Marketing programme to become an Affiliate Member of HKIM.
- Experiential Learning is adopted in the teaching of the Programme.
- Interactive activities with students centric such as cases study, video with discussion, debate, are conducted in classes .
- Asian-focused curriculum reflecting local trends and issues.
- Face-to-face teaching by experienced and qualified lecturers.
- Strong connection with the industry with marketing seminars and experience sharing forums organized by HKU SPACE and HKIM.
- Dual awards by HKU SPACE and HKIM.
JULY 2017 INTAKE
APPLICATION DEADLINE: END jUNE 2017
COMMENCEMENT DATE: Mid JULY 2017
The Professional Certificate in Marketing programme comprises of three modules to be completed in 8 months (max 1.5 years) on a part-time basis.
- Principals of Marketing
- Business Economics
- Selling and Sales Management
Assessment and Award
- Assessment is based on coursework (40%) and examinations (60%).
- Upon successful completion of this programme, students may progress to the Professional Diploma in Marketing programme.
- Holders of the Professional Diploma in Marketing programme may qualify for exemptions from the Asia Pacific Marketing Federation Certified Professional Marketers (Asia Pacific) programme.
- Holders of the Professional Diploma in Marketing may apply for University of Hull’s BA(Hons) Marketing / Marketing and Management programme.
- Holders of the Professional Diploma in Marketing may apply for Edinburgh Napier University’s BA (Hons) in Festival and Event Management programme.
- Holders of the Professional Diploma in marketing meet the education requirements for Associate Membership of HKIM.
The Hong Kong Institute of Marketing (HKIM) is an independent professional organization in Hong Kong dedicated to promoting marketing as a philosophy of business, enhancing personal and professional development of members, and advanceing Hng Kong as a leading centre of marketing excellence in the Asia Pacific region.
HKIM Experience Sharing Seminar and Hong Kong Brand Stories Seminars
1. have gained in the HKALE Grade E in 2 subjects; or
2. have gained in the HKDSE Examination Level 2 in 5 subjects including English Language and 1 year of relevant work experience;or
3. have gained in the HKCEE Grade E in 4 subjects, and Level 2 in English Language or equivalent, and have 2 years of relevant work experience; or
4. be aged at least 21 or above with 3 years of relevant work experience.
Applicants with other equivalent qualifications and relevant work experience will be considered on individual merits.
HK$150 non-refundableCourse Fee
- HK$3,850 per module (for Principles of Marketing and Business Economics)
- HK$2,380 per module (for Selling and Sales Management)
Application Form Application FormEnrolment Method
We provide online application and payment service for students to make enrolment via the Internet. Enrolment will be confirmed once students have made the payment online by using either PPS or credit card.
For first-come, first-served courses:
- Complete the online application form
Click the "Apply Now" button on the top right hand corner of the course webpage to make online application. Follow the instructions to fill-in the online application form.
- Make Online Payment
Pay the course fees by either using
PPS via Internet - You will need a PPS account and a PPS Internet password. For information on how to open a PPS account and how to set up a PPS Internet password, please visit http://www.ppshk.com.
Credit Card Online Payment - Course fees can be paid by VISA or MasterCard via a secure online payment gateway for all first-come, first-served courses.
For award-bearing programmes:
Selected award-bearing programmes also provide online enrolment and payment service for its students.
If your programme accepts online enrolment and payment, a re-enrolment icon will be shown on the course webpage. Click the icon and follow the instructions to perform online enrolment and payment. You will receive relevant information from the programme team nearer the time of enrolment.
You may click here directly to access the online enrolment and payment service.
Please note the followings:
- Admission is on a first-come, first-served basis. Enrolment will be confirmed once you have made the payment online. You will receive a payment confirmation after payment has been made successfully. You are advised to keep your payment confirmation for future enquiries.
- Fees paid are not refundable except as statutorily provided or under very exceptional circumstances.
The School provides a platform for online services for a selected range of products it offers. While every effort is made to ensure timeliness and accuracy of information contained in this website, such information and materials are provided "as is" without express or implied warranty of any kind. In particular, no warranty or assurance regarding non-infringement, security, accuracy, fitness for a purpose or freedom from computer viruses is given in connection with such information and materials.
The School (and its respective employees and subsidiaries) is not liable for any loss or damage in connection with any online payments made by you by reason of (i) any failure, delay, interruption, suspension or restriction of the transmission of any information or message from any payment gateways of the relevant banks and/or third party merchants for processing credit/debit/smart card or other payment facilitation mechanism; (ii) any negligence, mistake, error in or omission from any information or message transmitted from the said payment gateways; (iii) any breakdown, malfunction or failure of those gateways in effecting online payment service or (iv) anything arisen out of or in connection with the said payment gateways, including but not limited to unauthorised access to or alternation of the transmission of data or any unlawful act not permitted by the law.