BusinessManagement & Human Capital Leadership
Business Communication & Public Speaking Skills Through Theatre-Based Voice & Stage Speech Training
- Course Code
- Application Code
- Financial assistance
- Study mode
- Start Date
- 03 Oct 2016 (Mon)
- 10 weeks
- Cantonese supplemented with English
- Course Fee
- HK$3,830 per programme
This course aims to develop students' professional skills in communication and speech on stage through the theatre-based activities and spiritual practices.
Executives of the modern time require more than technical skills to be effective and successful. While educational programmes offered by traditional universities and colleges covers many of functional/technical knowledge (hard skills), the development of soft skills has been long neglected. Traditional programmes also suffer the weakness of lacking of integration into practical domain. Theories, skills and even mentalities are all delivered through classroom trainings. From pedagogical perspective, it is least preferred and far from effective.
This programme is part of the Executive Soft Skills (Theatre-based Training) Series. It aims to develop students' professional skills in communication and speech on stage through the theatre-based activities and spiritual practices with meditation and yoga. It is an innovative course for the holistic learning experience of physical body movement, language usage and spirit control for conducting the public speaking.
In the learning process, students are able to enhance self-confidence and creativity, improve interaction and speech skills, and manage the stage fright for public speaking with the continuous guidance and feedback from the tutors during the practice.
- The human: mechanism and projection
- The arts of meditation and stress control
- Body gesture and movement; reaction to rhythm and precision of pronunciation
- Interaction and improvisational drama
- Tone and voice control; the use and control of energy
- Sense memory
- Emotional memory
- Imagination and self-confidence
- Self awareness - the mirror exercise
- Presentation assignment
- The content and delivery of the module will subject to fine tuning bases on the background and progress of students.
Ms. Saldon Wu
“Developing Public Speaking Skills through Theatre-Based Body, Speech and Mind Training”
Ms Saldon Wu was graduated from the Hong Kong Academy for Performing Arts with Distinction and received the Outstanding Actress Award. She attained her Master Degree in Buddhist Studies at the University of Hong Kong.
Ms Wu has been Assistant Creative Director of the Metro Broadcast Corporation Ltd. and Event Producer of Wharf CableTelevision. She has also been Project Manager of the University of Hong Kong, focused on research projects that apply traditional wisdom to deal with modern issues.
- Monday 6:30pm - 9:30pm
- 10 session(s)
- 3 hours per meeting
- Ms. Saldon Wu
Date and Time
3, 17, 24, 31 October; 7, 14, 21, 28 November; 12 & 19 December 2016
To be advised
19 September 2016
* The programme team reserves the right to change the above timetable if necessary.
- Course Fee : HK$3,830 per programme
- The CEF Institution Code of HKU SPACE is 100
CEF SectorBusiness Services
|Business Communication & Public Speaking Skills Through Theatre-Based Voice & Stage Speech Training|
|COURSE CODE 21Z07110-6||FEES $3,830||ENQUIRY 2867-8477|
|Continuing Education Fund reimbursable programme (selected modules only)
Some modules of this programme have been included in the list of CEF reimbursable programmes. Application for CEF has to be made before commencement of the modules.
Application Form Application for Enrolment Form (SF 26)Enrolment Method
We provide online application and payment service for students to make enrolment via the Internet. Enrolment will be confirmed once students have made the payment online by using either PPS or credit card.
For first-come, first-served courses:
- Complete the online application form
Click the "Apply Now" button on the top right hand corner of the course webpage to make online application. Follow the instructions to fill-in the online application form.
- Make Online Payment
Pay the course fees by either using
PPS via Internet - You will need a PPS account and a PPS Internet password. For information on how to open a PPS account and how to set up a PPS Internet password, please visit http://www.ppshk.com.
Credit Card Online Payment - Course fees can be paid by VISA or MasterCard via a secure online payment gateway for all first-come, first-served courses.
For award-bearing programmes:
Selected award-bearing programmes also provide online enrolment and payment service for its students.
If your programme accepts online enrolment and payment, a re-enrolment icon will be shown on the course webpage. Click the icon and follow the instructions to perform online enrolment and payment. You will receive relevant information from the programme team nearer the time of enrolment.
You may click here directly to access the online enrolment and payment service.
Please note the followings:
- Admission is on a first-come, first-served basis. Enrolment will be confirmed once you have made the payment online. You will receive a payment confirmation after payment has been made successfully. You are advised to keep your payment confirmation for future enquiries.
- Fees paid are not refundable except as statutorily provided or under very exceptional circumstances.
The School provides a platform for online services for a selected range of products it offers. While every effort is made to ensure timeliness and accuracy of information contained in this website, such information and materials are provided "as is" without express or implied warranty of any kind. In particular, no warranty or assurance regarding non-infringement, security, accuracy, fitness for a purpose or freedom from computer viruses is given in connection with such information and materials.
The School (and its respective employees and subsidiaries) is not liable for any loss or damage in connection with any online payments made by you by reason of (i) any failure, delay, interruption, suspension or restriction of the transmission of any information or message from any payment gateways of the relevant banks and/or third party merchants for processing credit/debit/smart card or other payment facilitation mechanism; (ii) any negligence, mistake, error in or omission from any information or message transmitted from the said payment gateways; (iii) any breakdown, malfunction or failure of those gateways in effecting online payment service or (iv) anything arisen out of or in connection with the said payment gateways, including but not limited to unauthorised access to or alternation of the transmission of data or any unlawful act not permitted by the law.
1. Cash or EPS
Course fees can be paid by cash or EPS at any HKU SPACE enrolment counters.
2. Cheque or bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please specify theprogramme title(s) for application and applicant’s name. You may either:
- bring the completed form(s), together with the appropriate course or application fees in the form of acheque, and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres;
- or mail the above documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope. HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment sent by mail.
Applicants may also pay the course fee by VISA or MasterCard, including the “HKU SPACE MasterCard”, at anyHKU SPACE enrolment centres. Holders of the HKU SPACE MasterCard can enjoy a 10-month interest-freeinstalment period for courses with a tuition fee worth a minimum of HK$2,000; however, the course applicant must also be the cardholder himself/herself. For enquiries, please contact our staff at any enrolment centres.
4. Online payment
The course fees of all open admission courses (course enrolled on first come, first served basis) and selected award-bearing programmes can be settled by using PPS via the Internet. Applicants may also pay the relevant course fees by VISA or MasterCard online. Please refer to the Online Services page on the School website.
For general and short courses, applicants may be required to pay the course fee in cash or by EPS, Visa or MasterCard if the course is to start shortly.
Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, cheque or PPS (for online payment only) will normally be reimbursed by a cheque, and fees paid by credit card will normally be reimbursed to the payment cardholder’s credit card account.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme team for details.
- Fees and places on courses cannot be transferred from one applicant to another. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on approved transfers.
- Receipts will be issued for fees paid but HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of receipt sent by mail.
- For additional copies of receipts, please send a stamped, self-addressed envelope with a completed form and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to ‘HKU SPACE’. Such copies will only normally be issued at the end of a course.
- More Programmes of
- Management & Human Capital Leadership