Life & Health SciencesChinese Medicine
Introduction to Basic Theories of Traditional Chinese Medicine
- Course Code
- Application Code
- Study mode
- Start Date
- To be advised
- 10 weeks
- Course Fee
This course aims to introduce the basic theories of Traditional Chinese Medicine and their application to the understanding and treatment of common diseases. The concept of attaining and maintaining good health through the holistic perspective of Traditional Chinese Medicine will also be covered.
By the end of the course, students will be able to
- understand the basic theories of Traditional Chinese Medicine,
- apply the theories and live more balanced and healthier lives.
The concept of attaining and maintaining good health through the holistic perspective of Traditional Chinese Medicine will also be covered.
- The Yin-Yang and Five Elements Theories（陰陽、五行）
- Visceral Organ-imaging Part 1 (The Zang-organs, the Fu-organs, Zang-fu Relationship) (臟腑)
- Visceral Organ-imaging Part 2 (The Zang-organs, the Fu-organs, Zang-fu Relationship) (臟腑)
- Basic Ingredients of Life (Qi, Blood, Body fluids) (氣、血、津液)
- Conduit/Meridian System (經絡系統)
- Causes of Diseases (病因)
- Diagnosis (Looking, Listening, Smelling, Asking, Touching and Pulse Taking) (四診)
- Symptom Analysis (辨證)
- Principles and Methods of Treatment (治則與治法)
- Drug Properties and Prescriptions (中藥與方劑)
- Tuesday, 7:00pm - 9:00pm
- 10 meeting(s)
Start Date: 10 September 2019
Class End Date: 19 November 2019
Anyone who is interested in Chinese Medicine
Notes for Non-local Applicants:
To study in Hong Kong, all non-local applicants are required to obtain a student visa issued by the Immigration Department of the HKSAR Government, except for those admitted to Hong Kong for employment or as dependents, who do not need prior approval before taking up part-time studies. It is the responsibility of individual applicants to make appropriate visa arrangements. Holding an acceptance letter to a HKU SPACE academic programme/course does not guarantee the issue of a student visa. Applicants may wish to note that part-time courses are generally not considered by the Immigration Department for visa purposes except for self-financed, locally accredited taught postgraduate programmes.
For more details for application of a student visa, please kindly refer to the website of Immigration Department of Hong Kong as below:
- Course Fee : HK$3400
Application Form Download Application FormEnrolment Method
For Non-local Applicants:
If you are applying in person, please be reminded to bring along with your visa document and ID for vetting by our enrolment counter service staff.
To study in Hong Kong, please refer to entry requirements above.
In Person / Mail
For first time enrolment
For continuing enrolment in the same coursePayment Method
- More Programmes of
- Chinese Medicine