Healthcare, Sport and Wellness Pharmaceutical Studies
This programme covers areas of study in life sciences, chemistry and pharmaceutical science. Graduates of this programme may apply for admission to pharmacy programmes in the UK, Australia and New Zealand. Graduates may also apply for admission to various programmes offered by the University of Manchester, U.K. Some exemptions may be granted by those overseas Universities, including the University of Manchester, University of Queensland, Queensland University of Technology, University of South Australia and La Trobe University. Graduates can also apply to the BSc (Hons) Pharmaceutical Science programme, being run by HKU SPACE in collaboration with the University of Wolverhampton.
|Semester 1||Semester 2|
# This module is non-credit bearing. Students who have not attained HKDSE Examination Level 2 in Chemistry, or Combined Science (with Chemistry as one of the component), are required to take this module. The fee of this module is HK$2500.
|Application Code||2050-HS076A||Apply Online Now|
|Apply Online Now|
- 2 years.
First Year: 3 weekday evenings.
Second Year: 2 weekday evenings and 1 Saturday afternoon.
- have gained Grade E/ Level 2 in HKALE in Chemistry and HKCEE in English Language (Syllabus B), Biology, Chemistry and Mathematics or equivalent;or
- have attained HKDSE Examination Level 2 in five subjects including English and Mathematics, and Chemistry or Combined Science (with Chemistry as one of the component); and have taken Biology or Combined Science (with Biology); or
- hold an Advanced Certificate or Certificate in Pharmacology and Pharmaceutical Administration subject to an overall grade requirement in the certificate with passes in HKCEE English (Syllabus B), Biology, Chemistry and Mathematics; or HKDSE Level 2 in English, Mathematics, Biology and Chemistry (or Combined Science (Chemistry and Biology)); or
- hold a Certificate in Dispensing Studies with a pass in HKCEE Chemistry and 1-year working experience; or
- hold a Diploma in Pharmaceutical Services in Primary Care^ awarded within the HKU system through HKU SPACE; or
- hold a Diploma in Laboratory Science^ awarded within the HKU system through HKU SPACE.
Applicants will be required to take the bridging module “Basic Principles of Chemistry” when admitted if they have taken Chemistry or related subject but do not attain the grade or level specified above.
Direct entry to Year 2 is allowed for holders of a Higher Diploma in Chemical Technology, a degree or an Associate Degree in biology, biochemistry or chemistry. Applicants must submit a separate application form together with the required supporting documents and a crossed cheque of HK$500 for EACH module exemption. Details please refer to the Enrolment Methods.
Each application will be assessed on its own merit.
^ Applicants have to take the bridging module “Basic Principles of Chemistry” when admitted.
HK$150 (non-refundable)Course Fee
- First Year: HK$45,500#, to be paid in 2 instalments;
Second Year: HK$45,500, to be paid in 2 instalments.
Fee of module exemption application: HK$500 EACH module (Non-refundable)
# The module fee of "Basic Principles of Chemistry" (HK$2500) is not included.
- The CEF Institution Code of HKU SPACE is 100
|Advanced Diploma in Pharmaceutical Science
|COURSE CODE 41F103793||FEES $91,000||ENQUIRY 3762-0097|
|Mathematics for Life Sciences (Module from Advanced Diploma in Pharmaceutical Science)|
|COURSE CODE 41Z10380A||FEES $5,950||ENQUIRY 3762-0097|
|General Chemistry (Module from Advanced Diploma in Pharmaceutical Science)|
|COURSE CODE 41Z103826||FEES $5,950||ENQUIRY 3762-0097|
|Physiology I (Module from Advanced Diploma in Pharmaceutical Science)|
|COURSE CODE 41Z103834||FEES $8,850||ENQUIRY 3762-0097|
|Physiology II (Module from Advanced Diploma in Pharmaceutical Science)|
|COURSE CODE 41Z103842||FEES $8,850||ENQUIRY 3762-0097|
|Biochemistry I (Module from Advanced Diploma in Pharmaceutical Science)|
|COURSE CODE 41Z103850||FEES $7,650||ENQUIRY 3762-0097|
|Biochemistry II (Module from Advanced Diploma in Pharmaceutical Science)|
|COURSE CODE 41Z103869||FEES $7,650||ENQUIRY 3762-0097|
|Pharmaceutical Analysis (Module from Advanced Diploma in Pharmaceutical Science)|
|COURSE CODE 41Z103877||FEES $8,200||ENQUIRY 3762-0097|
|Microbiology (Module from Advanced Diploma in Pharmaceutical Science)|
|COURSE CODE 41Z103885||FEES $6,450||ENQUIRY 3762-0097|
|Organic Chemistry for Pharmacy I (Module from Advanced Diploma in Pharmaceutical Science)|
|COURSE CODE 41Z103893||FEES $5,950||ENQUIRY 3762-0097|
|Organic Chemistry for Pharmacy II (Module from Advanced Diploma in Pharmaceutical Science)|
|COURSE CODE 41Z103907||FEES $5,950||ENQUIRY 3762-0097|
|Pharmaceutics I (Module from Advanced Diploma in Pharmaceutical Science)|
|COURSE CODE 41Z103915||FEES $6,950||ENQUIRY 3762-0097|
|Pharmaceutics II (Module from Advanced Diploma in Pharmaceutical Science)|
|COURSE CODE 41Z103923||FEES $6,650||ENQUIRY 3762-0097|
|Pharmacology (Module from Advanced Diploma in Pharmaceutical Science)|
|COURSE CODE 41Z103931||FEES $5,950||ENQUIRY 3762-0097|
Continuing Education Fund
For the purpose of claiming reimbursement of course fee, a course participant should:
- successfully complete the programme/ module(s); and
- attain overall passing mark of 50% in each assessment; and
- achieve attendance rate of 80%.
|Continuing Education Fund
This course has been included in the list of reimbursable courses under the Continuing Education Fund.
|Continuing Education Fund Reimbursable Course (selected modules only)
Some modules of this course have been included in the list of reimbursable courses under the Continuing Education Fund.
Advanced Diploma in Pharmaceutical Science
Online Application Apply Now
Application Form Download Application FormEnrolment Method
The completed form together with the application fee HK$150 and the following supporting documents* should be submitted by the following methods on or before the application deadline.
1. Online Enrolment
- Complete the online application form
- Upload a clear electronic copy of the following documents* with the image type of doc, docx, jpg and pdf and image resolution is 300dpi or above
- Photo of the documents is NOT accepted
2. In Person / Mail
- by mailing to HKU SPACE, Smart Wellness and Sustainability, 13/F, Fortress Tower, 250 King's Road, North Point, Hong Kong (Attention to: Mr Danny Mak)
- in person at any of the HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres
* Each application MUST be accompanied by the photocopied documents below:
- HKCEE and HKALE certificates
- Academic certificates and transcripts
- Professional (registration) certificates (if any)
- HKID card or passport
- Application for module exemption (if any)
Applicants will be asked to present HKID or passport for vertification if applying in person at enrolment counters or to attach a copy of HKID or passport if applying by post.
Application for Module Exemption
Applicants wishing to apply for module exemption must submit a set of the required documents below:
- Application Form of Module Exemption for Part-time Programme
- Supporting documents include programme handbook or course outline showing the syllabus, learning outcomes and forms of assessment of the equivalent module
- A crossed cheque of HK$500 made payable to HKUSPACE (Non-refundable)
A set of the required documents serves as an application for ONE module exemption. Each module requires a separate application.Payment Method
1. Cash, EPS, WeChat Pay or AliPay
Course fees can be paid by cash, EPS, WeChat Pay or Alipay at any HKU SPACE enrolment centres.
2. Cheque or bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please specify theprogramme title(s) for application and applicant’s name. You may either:
- bring the completed form(s), together with the appropriate course or application fees in the form of acheque, and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres;
- or mail the above documents to Smart Wellness and Sustainability, 13/F, Fortress Tower, 250 King's Road, North Point, Hong Kong (Attention to: Mr Danny Mak). HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment sent by mail.
Applicants may also pay the course fee by VISA or MasterCard, including the “HKU SPACE MasterCard”, at anyHKU SPACE enrolment centres. Holders of the HKU SPACE MasterCard can enjoy a 10-month interest-freeinstalment period for courses with a tuition fee worth a minimum of HK$2,000; however, the course applicant must also be the cardholder himself/herself. For enquiries, please contact our staff at any enrolment centres.
For general and short courses, applicants may be required to pay the course fee in cash or by EPS, Visa or MasterCard if the course is to start shortly.
Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, cheque or PPS (for online payment only) will normally be reimbursed by a cheque, and fees paid by credit card will normally be reimbursed to the payment cardholder’s credit card account.
In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme team for details.
Fees and places on courses cannot be transferred from one applicant to another. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on approved transfers.
Receipts will be issued for fees paid but HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of receipt sent by mail.
For additional copies of receipts, please send a stamped, self-addressed envelope with a completed form and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to ‘HKU SPACE’. Such copies will only normally be issued at the end of a course.
- More Programmes of
- Pharmaceutical Studies