Computing and Data Science Cyber Security
Cyber security is now widely recognised as an international priority, with hacking, malicious code, and data theft being just three of the many reasons why it's vital in the design, development and implementation of today’s IT systems. Unlike traditional bachelor degree programme (BSc) in Computer Science, this bachelor degree programme (BSc) in Computer and Information Security delivers a view of security threats and solutions, alongside an essential background in wider IT topics and technology. This is particularly important in light of the national Cyber Security Strategy and the current shortage of related skills in the marketplace.
Mode of Teaching
The course contents are developed by Plymouth University. HKU SPACE and Plymouth University are collaborated to provide lectures and tutorials that match closely with the same programme in home country. Students are required to have a minimum of 75% attendance to both lectures and tutorials for all modules.
All modules are assessed by coursework only. All assessments are set and moderated by Plymouth University. Coursework is marked by the module tutors of HKU SPACE and moderated by Plymouth University module leaders. All graduates are required to demonstrate their final level of learning through final year project work and the accompanying project report.
For holders of Higher Diploma in Information Technology, Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent, exemptions may be granted at the discretion of Plymouth University.
|Application Code||2050-IT053D||Apply Online Now|
|Apply Online Now|
Island East Campus / Admiralty Learning Centre / HKU SPACE Po Leung Kuk Stanley Ho Community College Campus
- Regular Lecture/ Tutorial - Weekdays: 7:00 pm - 10:00 pm
- Block Teaching Week (Consecutive four-day lecture, subject to change)
- Weekdays: 7:00 pm - 10:00 pm
- Sat: 10:00 am - 1:00 pm & 2:00 pm - 6:00 pm; Sun:10:00 am - 1:00 pm & 2:00 pm - 6:00 pm
This is an exempted course under the Non-local Higher and Professional Education (Regulation) Ordinance. It is a matter of discretion for individual employers to recognize any qualification to which this course may lead.
Information Management and Retrieval
Security Architectures and Cryptography
Computing Group Project
Software Engineering 2
Information Security Management and Governance
Security Operations and Incident Management
Digital Forensics and Malware Analysis
(a) Hold an Advanced Diploma in Computer and Information Security or a Higher Diploma in Information Technology awarded within the HKU system through HKU SPACE;
(b) Hold a IT-related Associate Degree awarded within the HKU system through HKU SPACE or a Higher Diploma or an Associate Degree in IT-related disciplines awarded from other tertiary institutions, recognized by University of Plymouth;
2. Provide evidence of English proficiency:
(i) HKDSE English Language at Level 2;
(ii) HKCEE English Language at Level 2;
(iii) HKCEE English Language (Syllabus B) at Grade E (Grade C in the case of English Language (Syllabus A));
(iv) an overall band of 6.0 or above in the IELTS or a score of 500 in the paper-based TOEFL, a score of 173 in the computer-based TOEFL and a score of 4.5 in the Test of Written English.
* According to University of Plymouth regulation, mature students and applicants with other equivalent qualifications will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- HK$108,000* in four instalments (Year 2: HK$45,000; Year 3: HK$63,000)
* Subject to annual changes
Online Application Apply Now
Application Form Download Application FormEnrolment Method
- All applicants are required to complete one Enrolment Form (SF26) and, either submit them in person or post them to The Programme Leader, B.Sc. (Honours) Cyber Security, College of Life Sciences and Technology, HKU SPACE, at any of the HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
- All applications, either by post or in person must be accompanied by:
- Certified photostat copies of full educational certificates and transcripts.
- A non-refundable crossed cheque payable to ‘HKU SPACE' for HK$150 in respect of the application processing fee.
Note: When submitting your application in person at any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centers, please bring along the originals of your educational certificates / transcripts for certification. If you are posting your application, please arrange to bring the originals of the relevant documents for certification at any of HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres before the commencement of classes.Payment Method
1. Cash, EPS, WeChat Pay Or Alipay
Course fees can be paid by cash, EPS, WeChat Pay or Alipay at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
2. Cheque Or Bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please specify the programme title(s) for application and the applicant’s name.. You may either:
- bring the completed form(s), together with the appropriate course or application fees in the form of a cheque, and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres;
- or mail the above documents to any of the HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope. HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment sent by mail.
Applicants may also pay the course fee by VISA or Mastercard, including the “HKU SPACE Mastercard”, at any HKU SPACE enrolment centres. Holders of the HKU SPACE Mastercard can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses with a tuition fee worth a minimum of HK$2,000; however, the course applicant must also be the cardholder himself/herself. For enquiries, please contact our staff at any enrolment centres.
4. Online Payment
Online application / enrolment is offered for most open admission courses (course enrolled on first come, first served basis) and selected award-bearing programmes. Application fees and course fees of these programmes/courses can be settled by using "PPS by Internet" (not available via mobile phones), VISA or Mastercard. In addition to the aforesaid online payment channels, continuing students of award-bearing programmes, if their programmes offer online service, may also pay their course fees by Online WeChat Pay, Online Alipay and Faster Payment System (FPS). Please refer to Enrolment Methods - Online Enrolment for details.
- If the programme/course is starting within five working days, application by post is not recommended to avoid any delays. Applicants are advised to enrol in person at HKU SPACE Enrolement Centres and avoid making cheque payment under this circustance.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, WeChat Pay, Alipay, cheque or PPS (for online payment only) will normally be reimbursed by a cheque, and fees paid by credit card will normally be reimbursed to the payment cardholder's credit card account.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme team for details.
- Fees and places on courses cannot be transferrable from one applicant to another. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on each approved transfer.
- Receipts will be issued for fees paid but HKU SPACE will not be repsonsible for any loss of receipt sent by mail.
- For payment certification, please submit a completed form, a sufficiently stamped and self-addressed envelope, and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to "HKU SPACE" to any of our enrolment centres.
The University of Plymouth (UoP) is one of the UK's most prominent and dynamic universities with an educational history dating back to 1862. The institution is renowned for high-quality, internationally-leading education, research and innovation. With a mission to advance knowledge and transform lives, Plymouth is a top 50 research university* with clusters of world class research across a wide range of disciplines, including marine science and engineering, medicine, cybersecurity and psychology.
UoP is a three-time winner of the Queen’s Anniversary Prize for Higher and Further Education. It has been named as one of the top 25 institutions globally (1st in the world for the quality of its marine research and teaching) in the Times Higher Education Impact Rankings 2021 which assesses universities against the UN Sustainable Development Goals. A TEF (Teaching Excellence Framework) silver award by the Office of Students confirms that the university delivers high-quality teaching, learning and outcomes for its students and consistently exceeds rigorous national quality requirements for UK higher education.
The University has over 6,000 students studying for a Plymouth degree at partner institutions in the UK and around the world, and over 139,000 alumni pursuing their careers globally.
The School of Engineering, Computing and Mathematics comprises a team of 100 staff including many internationally recognised experts who work in the disciplines of engineering, computing, mathematics and navigation. Research is carried out in a number of fields from renewable energy to pure mathematics, robotics and cyber security. The school offers a wide range of programmes, many of which are accredited by relevant professional bodies including BCS – The Chartered Institute for IT, the Institute of Mathematics and its Applications, the Institution of Engineering and Technology, and the Institute of Marine Engineering, Science and Technology.
* Research Fortnight Research Power League Table 2014.