Accounting & FinanceCorporate Governance
Certificate for Module (The Hong Kong Institute of Chartered Secretaries Examinations Preparatory Programme – Hong Kong Company Law)
證書 (單元: 香港特許秘書公會專業考試預備課程-香港公司法)
CEF Reimbursable Course
- Study mode
- Start Date
- 26 Feb 2021 (Fri)
- Next intake(s)
- June 2021
- 3 months
- Course Fee
The class is intended to be face-to-face teaching. In extenuating circumstance, face-to-face teaching would be replaced by online teaching.
The aim of this programme is to provide a comprehensive foundation in the principles and concepts of the legal framework governing business organisations, with particular focus on the registered company. It intends to enable students to consolidate and apply the knowledge learnt and identify relationship relevant to company law, corporate governance and to prepare candidates to write the professional examinations of the Chartered Governance Qualifying Programme, which is recognized worldwide. It is the students' responsibility to determine whether they are eligible to participate in the CGQP examination.
INTENDED LEARNING OUTCOMES
On completion of the programme, students should be able to
- Apply and intepret the legal framework within which commercial organisations operate, their business structures and corporate personality;
- Interpret the roles and statutory duties of directors, the composition and structure of the board;
- Evaluate and appraise the internal rules and the external regulatory environment which companies are subject to regarding membership;
- Apply the appropriate legislation, case law and best practice recommendations to legal and governance issue, in matters relating to shares, capital maintenance and loans;
- Apply relevant judgement when presenting advice regarding corporation’s structural and legal issues.
- Sources of company law and governance
- Business structures
- Incorporation and corporate personality
- Legally binding the company
- Board of directors
- Role of the board
- Directors’ duties
- Company meetings and decision making
- Members’ remedies
- Shares and share capita
- Capital maintenance rules
- Loan capital
- Corporate transparency
- Market abuse
* For details regarding the course / examination syllabus, schedule and studentship requirement, please refer to https://www.hkics.org.hk/page.php?menu_id=4&sub_menu_id=106 or 2881 6177.
The passing mark for course assessment is 50. Students who have successfully fulfilled the programme assessments (i.e. passed the assignment AND take home mock examination PLUS attended at least 70% of the classes) will be awarded within the HKU system through HKU SPACE "Certificate for Module (The Hong Kong Institute of Chartered Secretaries Examinations Preparatory Programme – Hong Kong Company Law)".
*Assessment methods, class schedule, venue and teacher are subject to change without prior notice.
Days / Time
- Friday, 6:45 p.m. – 10:15 p.m. (3 hours only for the last session)
- one meeting on Sunday (18 Aug, 10:00a.m.-1:30 p.m.)
- 45 hours per programme; 13 session(s)
- Any of the HKU SPACE’s Learning Centres in Hong Kong Island
- Mr Kenneth Chang
- Any interested party of 21 years old or above
- Should be either a Hong Kong citizen or have valid permit to study in Hong Kong.
Students should check with HKICS that they meet HKICS’s requirements and are eligible to write the examinations.
- Course Fee : HK$5,600 (non-refundable and study materials included )
- ( *Course Fees are subject to change without prior notice)
- The CEF Institution Code of HKU SPACE is 100
|Certificate for Module (The Hong Kong Institute of Chartered Secretaries Examinations Preparatory Programme - Hong Kong Company Law)
證書 (單元: 香港特許秘書公會專業考試預備課程-香港公司法)
|COURSE CODE 33C127288||FEES $5,280||ENQUIRY 2867-8317|
Continuing Education Fund
Assessment and Completion Requirements
To be eligible to claim CEF Reimbursement, students MUST successfully complete the courses (i.e. passed the assignment AND take home mock examination PLUS attended at least 70% of the classes).
For Continuing Education Fund (CEF) application procedures, please click here.
|Continuing Education Fund
This course has been included in the list of reimbursable courses under the Continuing Education Fund.
Certificate for Module (The HKICS Examinations Preparatory Programme – Hong Kong Company Law)
Application Form Application FormEnrolment Method
Please click here to apply online.
1. Cash, EPS or WeChat Pay
Coourse fees can be paid by cash, EPS or WeChat Pay at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
2. Cheque or Bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please specify the programme title(s) for application and the applicant’s name.. You may either:
- bring the completed form(s), together with the appropriate course or application fees in the form of a cheque, and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres;
- or mail the above documents to any of the HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope. HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment sent by mail.
Applicants may also pay the course fee by VISA or MasterCard, including the “HKU SPACE MasterCard”, at any HKU SPACE enrolment centres. Holders of the HKU SPACE MasterCard can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses with a tuition fee worth a minimum of HK$2,000; however, the course applicant must also be the cardholder himself/herself. For enquiries, please contact our staff at any enrolment centres.
4. Online payment
The course fees of all open admission courses (courses enrolled on first come, first served basis) and selected award-bearing programmes can be settled by using PPS via the Internet. Applicants may also pay the relevant course fees by VISA or MasterCard online. Please refer to the Online Services for details.
- For general and short courses, applicants may be required to pay the course fee in cash or by EPS, WeChat Pay, Visa or MasterCard if the course is to start shortly.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, WeChat Pay, cheque or PPS (for online payment only) will normally be reimbursed by a cheque, and fees paid by credit card will normally be reimbursed to the payment cardholder's credit card account.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme team for details.
- Fees and places on courses cannot be transferrable from one applicant to another. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on each approved transfer.
- Receipts will be issued for fees paid but HKU SPACE will not be repsonsible for any loss of receipt sent by mail.
- For additional certification, please submit a completed form, a sufficiently stamped and self-addressed envelope, and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to "HKU SPACE" to any of our enrolment centres.
- More Programmes of
- Corporate Governance