Business & Management Innovation, Creativity and Entrepreneurship
The programme aims to:
- nurture innovative, creative, and entrepreneurial talents to sustain organizations’ business growth through collaborations to create synergy, reduce risk, and share resources; and
- enable students to gain insight into challenges and opportunities in managing complex innovation projects across boundaries, cultures and generational differences.
Dr Alan Miller
- Managing Director, Liquate Ltd,
- PhD (CUHK),
- CEng, CMgr,
Dr Alan is an accomplished, technically competent board-level and operations executive with over 20 years’ experience and extensive international exposure spanning several dozen countries. He is Managing Director of Liquate, an engineering consultancy specializing in disruptive technologies.
He got PhD degree in Biomedical Engineering from Chinese University of Hong Kong in 1998. He is both a Chartered Engineer and Chartered Manager, is able to develop and implant strategic, operational, financial and risk management plans with realistic optimism, subservience to purpose, and the ability to find order in chaos.
Module Content is as follows:
 Innovation Paradigm Shift
- Open Innovation vs. Closed Innovation
- Incremental Innovation vs. Radical Innovation
- Disruptive Innovation for New Growth Creation
 Project Management for Innovation
- Essentials for Big Project Management
- Public-Private Partnership (PPP)
- Cross-boundary Collaboration
 Conflict Management for Collaboration
- The Neuroscience behind Conflict and Personality Profiling
- Nature of Conflict
- Resolution of Conflict
 Collaborative Governance for Innovation
- Triple Helix Innovation (THI)
- Collaborative Governance Regime (CGR)
- Cross Sector Collaboration (U-I-G Network)
Days / Time
- Friday, 7:00pm - 10:00pm
- 10 meetings
- 3 hours per meeting
Location: Hong Kong Island: Specific Location To Be Confirmed
Applicants shall hold:
(i) a bachelor's degree awarded by a recognized university or equivalent;
(ii) an Associate Degree / a Higher Diploma or equivalent, and have at least 2 years of work experience.
Applicants with other qualifications and substantial senior work experience will be considered on individual merit.
HK$150 (Non-refundable)Course Fee
- Course Fee : HK$6,800 per programme
Application Form Download Application FormEnrolment Method
Complete and return the application form in person to HKU SPACE Enrolment Centre. For venue, please refer to our HKU SPACE website at http://hkuspace.hku.hk/learning-centre. The application must be accompanied with:
a) A non-refundable application fee of HKD150 (Cheque should be crossed and made payable to "HKU SPACE") to be submitted with the application for enrollment. The application fee will be used to cover the cost of processing and is non-refundable.
b) Photocopies of HKID card, relevant certificates/transcripts, and testimonials or other docmentary proof of the applicant's working experience. (Please bring original certificates/official transcripts and testimonials/documentary proof of working experience for certification at HKU SPACE Centres).Payment Method
1. Cash, EPS, WeChat Pay Or Alipay
Course fees can be paid by cash, EPS, WeChat Pay or Alipay at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
2. Cheque Or Bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please specify the programme title(s) for application and the applicant’s name.. You may either:
- bring the completed form(s), together with the appropriate course or application fees in the form of a cheque, and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres;
- or mail the above documents to any of the HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope. HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment sent by mail.
Applicants may also pay the course fee by VISA or Mastercard, including the “HKU SPACE Mastercard”, at any HKU SPACE enrolment centres. Holders of the HKU SPACE Mastercard can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses with a tuition fee worth a minimum of HK$2,000; however, the course applicant must also be the cardholder himself/herself. For enquiries, please contact our staff at any enrolment centres.
4. Online Payment
Online application / enrolment is offered for most open admission courses (course enrolled on first come, first served basis) and selected award-bearing programmes. Application fees and course fees of these programmes/courses can be settled by using "PPS by Internet" (not available via mobile phones), VISA or Mastercard. In addition to the aforesaid online payment channels, continuing students of award-bearing programmes, if their programmes offer online service, may also pay their course fees by Online WeChat Pay, Online Alipay and Faster Payment System (FPS). Please refer to Enrolment Methods - Online Enrolment for details.
- If the programme/course is starting within five working days, application by post is not recommended to avoid any delays. Applicants are advised to enrol in person at HKU SPACE Enrolement Centres and avoid making cheque payment under this circustance.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, WeChat Pay, Alipay, cheque or PPS (for online payment only) will normally be reimbursed by a cheque, and fees paid by credit card will normally be reimbursed to the payment cardholder's credit card account.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme team for details.
- Fees and places on courses cannot be transferrable from one applicant to another. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on each approved transfer.
- Receipts will be issued for fees paid but HKU SPACE will not be repsonsible for any loss of receipt sent by mail.
- For payment certification, please submit a completed form, a sufficiently stamped and self-addressed envelope, and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to "HKU SPACE" to any of our enrolment centres.
- Relevant Programmes
- Preparatory Courses for University of London (Queen Mary) Global MBA Executive Certificate in Commercialization of Innovative Products Executive Certificate in Start-Up Formula Executive Certificate in B2B Market and Innovation Strategy Executive Certificate in Digital Business and Innovation