Technology, Aviation, Engineering & SciencesLibrary & Information Studies
Executive Certificate in Digital Library/Information Centre Management
- Course Code
- Application Code
- Study mode
- Start Date
- To be advised
- 4 months
- English supplemented with Cantonese
With the development of computer technology, networks and information retrieval tools on the Internet, users can access information from their desktop computers. This programme aims to guide students to be aware of the current issues on planning, organising digital information on a digital library and know how to maintain a digital library / information centre in different information agencies in order to provide users with an effective way of retrieving wanted information.
- Library management system
- Foundations of information architecture
- Database Design
- Web & Internet
- User Interface Design
- Information Storage and Retrieval
- Multimedia contents (including mobile technology application)
- Data security
- Electronic publishing
- Managing information management project
- Copyright issues, Digital Right Management
Certificate will be awarded to students who have successfully satisfied assessments (e.g. class exercises and group project) and attendance requirements (70%).
- Wednesday, 6:45pm - 9:45pm
- Friday, 6:45pm - 9:45pm
- 22 sessions in approx. 12 weeks
(Lecture on weekdays: 12 sessions; Practical on Fridays: 10 sessions)
- Dr. Ku Kam Ming, Associate Librarian (HKU Libraries)
(a) A bachelor's degree; or
(b) An associate degree/higher diploma or equivalent, with at least 2 years' work experience; or
(c) Relevant professional qualifications.
Applicants with other equivalent qualifications and relevant work experience will be considered on their individual merits.
- HK$9,000 (subject to review)
Application Form Download Application FormEnrolment Method
- Pleae complelte the Applciants Enrollment Form (SF26), together with copies of relevant certificates and cheque payable to HKU SPACE, and
- Send to HKU SPACE Enrollment Centers in person, or send or fax to Ms. Katie Au-Yeung, HKU SPACE, 13/F Fortress Tower, 250 King's Road, North Point, Hong Kong.
1. Cash or EPS
Cash or EPS are accepted at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
2. Cheque or bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please write the programme title(s) and the applicant’s name on the back of the cheque. You may either:
- in person by submitting the payment, completed form(s), and required supporting documents to any of our enrolment centres; or
- by mailing the above documents to any of our enrolment centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope.
Course applicants, who are holders of HKU SPACE Mastercard, can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses of HK$2,000 and over. For enquiries, please contact our enrolment centres.
4. Online payment
Online payment for short courses (first come, first served) and selected award-bearing programmes is available using PPS, VISA or Mastercard. Please refer to the Online Services page on the School website.
- For general and short courses, applicants may be required to pay the course fee in cash or by EPS, Visa or Mastercard if the course is to start shortly.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, cheque or online PPS will be reimbursed by a cheque; fees paid by credit card will be reimbursed to credit card account used for payment.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme teams for details.
- Fees and places on courses are not transferrable. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on each approved transfer.
- HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment, receipt, or personal information sent by mail.
- For additional copies of receipts, please submit a completed form, a sufficiently stamped and self-addressed envelope, and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to ‘HKU SPACE’ to any of our enrolment centres. Such copies will normally be issued at the end of a course.