Technology, Engineering & SciencesLibrary & Information Studies
Executive Certificate in Digital Library/Information Centre Management
- Course Code
- Application Code
- Study mode
- Start Date
- 20 Jun 2018 (Wed)
- 4 months
- English supplemented with Cantonese
With the development of computer technology, networks and information retrieval tools on the Internet, users can access information from their desktop computers. This programme aims to guide students to be aware of the current issues on planning, organising digital information on a digital library and know how to maintain a digital library / information centre in different information agencies in order to provide users with an effective way of retrieving wanted information.
- Library management system
- Foundations of information architecture
- Database Design
- Web & Internet
- User Interface Design
- Information Storage and Retrieval
- Multimedia contents (including mobile technology application)
- Data security
- Electronic publishing
- Managing information management project
- Copyright issues, Digital Right Management
Certificate will be awarded to students who have successfully satisfied assessments (e.g. class exercises and group project) and attendance requirements (70%).
- Wednesday, 6:45pm - 9:45pm
- Friday, 6:45pm - 9:45pm
- 22 sessions in approx. 12 weeks
(Lecture on weekdays:12 sessions; Practical on Fridays: 10 sessions)
- Dr. Ku Kam Ming, Associate Librarian (HKU Libraries)
(a) A bachelor's degree; or
(b) An associate degree/higher diploma or equivalent, with at least 2 years' work experience; or
(c) Relevant professional qualifications.
Applicants with other equivalent qualifications and relevant work experience will be considered on their individual merits.
- HK$9,000 ((subject to review))
Application Form Download Application FormEnrolment Method
- Pleae complelte the Applciants Enrollment Form (SF26), together with copies of relevant certificates and cheque payable to HKU SPACE, and
- Send to HKU SPACE Enrollment Centers in person, or send or fax to Ms. Vivien Yau, HKU SPACE, 13/F Fortress Tower, 250 King's Road, North Point, Hong Kong.
1. Cash or EPS
Cash or EPS are accepted at any HKU SPACE enrolment counters.
2. Cheque or bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please specify theprogramme title(s) for application and applicant’s name. You may either:
- bring the completed form(s), together with the appropriate course or application fees in the form of a cheque, and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres;
- or mail the above documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope. HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment sent by mail.
Applicants may also pay the course fee by VISA or MasterCard, including the “HKU SPACE MasterCard”, at anyHKU SPACE enrolment centres. Holders of the HKU SPACE MasterCard can enjoy a 10-month interest-freeinstalment period for courses with a tuition fee worth a minimum of HK$2,000; however, the course applicant must also be the cardholder himself/herself. For enquiries, please contact our staff at any enrolment centres.
4. Online payment (for the course/programme has online enrolment only)
The course fees of all open admission courses (course enrolled on first come, first served basis) and selected award-bearing programmes can be settled by using PPS via the Internet. Applicants may also pay the relevant course fees by VISA or MasterCard online. Please refer to the Online Services page on the School website.
For general and short courses, applicants may be required to pay the course fee in cash or by EPS, Visa or MasterCard if the course is to start shortly.
Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, cheque or PPS (for online payment only) will normally be reimbursed by a cheque, and fees paid by credit card will normally be reimbursed to the payment cardholder’s credit card account.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme team for details.
- Fees and places on courses cannot be transferred from one applicant to another. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on approved transfers.
- Receipts will be issued for fees paid but HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of receipt sent by mail.
- For additional copies of receipts, please send a stamped, self-addressed envelope with a completed form and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to ‘HKU SPACE’. Such copies will only normally be issued at the end of a course.