Accounting & FinanceAccounting
Executive Diploma in Internal Audit
CEF Reimbursable Course
CEF Reimbursable Course (selected modules only)
- Course Code
- Application Code
- Financial assistance
- Study mode
- Start Date
- 14 Mar 2020 (Sat)
- Next intake(s)
- 1 year to 2 years
- Course Fee
- HK$6750 per module
Thinking of specializing in internal auditing or making a move toward the auditing career path?
Yes, there are hundreds of jobs in the market; please visit michael page, jobsdb.com, Indeed.hk and efinancial career
Why the demand? It’s the internal auditors who are responsible for providing assurance on corporate governance, risk management, internal control and operations, in all types of business conditions.
This programme aims to equip students with a comprehensive and an all-round knowledge and practices in internal audit. The knowlegdge is useful for students who would like to sit for the professional examination of The Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA), leading to obtaining the Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) professional designation, a globally recognized certification for internal auditors.
Student may check the details through the website : https://na.theiia.org/Pages/IIAHome.aspx
Related links :
Programme Structure: This programme consists of 3 modules :
Internal Audit Basics (ACCT 1005)
Internal Audit Practice (ACCT 1006)
Internal Audit Knowledge Elements (ACCT 1007)
Assessment and Award
For each module, assessment is based on mid-test (30%) and internal final examination (70%), students are also required to achieve 70% attendance.
The Executive Diploma aims to deliver the knowledge of internal audit as well as examination oriented. There will be mock examinations in form of mid-test and internal final module examination followed by examination review.
Upon successful completion of 3 modules, students will be awarded the Executive Diploma.
Ms. Carol Ng was Head of Audit, Marsh & McLennan Co. Ltd., Asia Pacific (2005-2010); ACCA;ACFE; HKICPA; CISA
Mr. Samuel Cheung, HKICPA, CGMA (US) and AICPA (US), Master in Professional Accounting (PolyU) and Financial Management (The University of Manchester); Lectures in international universities and professional institutes on professional accounting and Professional Exam Prep Programme
- 12 months (Maximum 2 years)
|Module 1: Internal Audit Basics (ACCT1005)|
|Term 1775 (March 2020)|
|1||14 March 2020||Saturday||14:00 - 17:00||TBC|
|2||21 March 2020||Saturday||14:00 - 17:00||TBC|
|3||28 March 2020||Saturday||14:00 - 17:00||TBC|
|4||18 April 2020||Saturday||14:00 - 17:00||TBC|
|5||25 April 2020||Saturday||14:00 - 17:00||TBC|
|6||02 May 2020||Saturday||14:00 - 17:00||TBC|
|7||09 May 2020||Saturday||14:00 - 17:00||TBC|
|8||16 May 2020||Saturday||14:00 - 17:00||TBC|
|9||23 May 2020||Saturday||14:00 - 17:00||TBC|
|10||30 May 2020||Saturday||14:00 - 17:00||TBC|
|11||06 June 2020||Saturday||14:00 - 17:00||TBC|
|12||13 June 2020||Saturday||14:00 - 17:00||TBC|
|13||20 June 2020||Saturday||14:00 - 17:00||TBC|
|14||27 June 2020||Saturday||14:00 - 17:00||TBC|
|Final Examination||11 July 2020||Saturday||14:00 - 17:00||TBC|
|* No class on 4 & 11 April 2020 due to public holidays.|
|Module 2: Internal Audit Practice (ACCT1006)|
|Term 1835 (July 2020)|
|1||25 July 2019||Saturday||14:00 - 17:00||TBC|
|2||01 August 2020||Saturday||14:00 - 17:00||TBC|
|3||08 August 2020||Saturday||14:00 - 17:00||TBC|
|4||15 August 2020||Saturday||14:00 - 17:00||TBC|
|5||22 August 2020||Saturday||14:00 - 17:00||TBC|
|6||29 August 2020||Saturday||14:00 - 17:00||TBC|
|7||05 September 2020||Saturday||14:00 - 17:00||TBC|
|8||12 September 2020||Saturday||14:00 - 17:00||TBC|
|9||19 September 2020||Saturday||14:00 - 17:00||TBC|
|10||26 September 2020||Saturday||14:00 - 17:00||TBC|
|11||03 October 2020||Saturday||14:00 - 17:00||TBC|
|12||10 October 2020||Saturday||14:00 - 17:00||TBC|
|13||17 October 2020||Saturday||14:00 - 17:00||TBC|
|14||24 October 2020||Saturday||14:00 - 17:00||TBC|
|Final Examination||07 November 2020||Saturday||14:00 - 17:00||TBC|
- hold a bachelor’s degree awarded by a recognized university or equivalent; or
- hold relevant professional qualifications equivalent to a bachelor's degree.
Applicants with other qualifications and substantial senior level work experience will be considered on individual merits.
HK$150 (Non-refundable)Course Fee
- Course Fee : HK$6750 per module
- The CEF Institution Code of HKU SPACE is 100
|Executive Diploma/ Executive Certificate in Internal Audit
行政人員文憑/ 行政人員證書 (內部審計)
|COURSE CODE 23Z07332-5||FEES Executive Diploma in Internal Audit : $6,750 per module x 3 modules = $20,250 Executive Certificate in Internal Audit : $6,750 per module x 2 modules = $13,500||ENQUIRY 2867-8475|
|Module 1 - Internal Audit Basics (Module from Executive Diploma/ Executive Certificate in Internal Audit Programme)|
|COURSE CODE 23Z07276-0||FEES $6,750||ENQUIRY 2867-8475|
|Module 2 - Internal Audit Practice (Module from Executive Diploma/ Executive Certificate in Internal Audit Programme)|
|COURSE CODE 23Z07277-9||FEES $6,750||ENQUIRY 2867-8475|
Continuing Education Fund
|Continuing Education Fund
This course has been included in the list of reimbursable courses under the Continuing Education Fund.
|Continuing Education Fund Reimbursable Course (selected modules only)
Some modules of this course have been included in the list of reimbursable courses under the Continuing Education Fund.
|The Office of the Continuing Education Fund does not have record of registration of this course under the Qualifications Framework*
*This course is CEF reimbursable before the establishment of the Qualifications Framework
Applicants are required to submit the application form with supporting documents (including copy of HKID) at HKUSPACE Enrolment Centres in person.
Please present the academic documents and HKID (both original and copies for Verification) for the application process.Payment Method
1. Cash or EPS
Cash or EPS are accepted at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
2. Cheque or bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please write the programme title(s) and the applicant’s name on the back of the cheque. You may either:
- in person by submitting the payment, completed form(s), and required supporting documents to any of our enrolment centres; or
- by mailing the above documents to any of our enrolment centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope.
Course applicants, who are holders of HKU SPACE Mastercard, can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses of HK$2,000 and over. For enquiries, please contact our enrolment centres.
4. Online payment
Online payment for short courses (first come, first served) and selected award-bearing programmes is available using PPS, VISA or Mastercard. Please refer to the Online Services page on the School website.
- For general and short courses, applicants may be required to pay the course fee in cash or by EPS, Visa or Mastercard if the course is to start shortly.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, cheque or online PPS will be reimbursed by a cheque; fees paid by credit card will be reimbursed to credit card account used for payment.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme teams for details.
- Fees and places on courses are not transferrable. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on each approved transfer.
- HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment, receipt, or personal information sent by mail.
- For additional copies of receipts, please submit a completed form, a sufficiently stamped and self-addressed envelope, and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to ‘HKU SPACE’ to any of our enrolment centres. Such copies will normally be issued at the end of a course.