BusinessAccounting and Corporate Governance
Executive Diploma in Internal Audit
- Course Code
- Application Code
- Financial assistance
- Study mode
- Start Date
- To be advised
- Next intake(s)
- 1 year to 2 years
Thinking of specializing in internal auditing or making a move toward the auditing career path?
Yes, it’s a function that continues to evolve with the swift pace of global regulatory changes and compliance challenges.
Why the demand? It’s the internal auditors who are responsible for providing assurance on corporate governance, risk management, internal control and operations, in all types of business conditions.
And the Salary Guide for Accounting and Finance points out, risk and compliance concerns are driving hiring at many midsize and large companies, particularly in highly regulated industries like banking, insurance, healthcare and financial services. So as organizations push to improve internal controls and transparency, they are also looking for internal auditors and information technology (IT) auditors.
Graduates of this programme are eligible to be awarded exemption of module one of another programme "Internal Audit in Financial Services". Internal audit in financial services such as bank, insurance and securities are also in great demand.
This programme aims to equip students with a comprehensive and an all-round knowledge and practices in internal audit. It also prepares students to sit for the professional examination of The Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA), leading to obtaining the Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) professional designation, a globally recognized certification for internal auditors.
Student may check the details through the website : https://na.theiia.org/Pages/IIAHome.aspx
Related links : http://hkuspace.hku.hk/prog/pgdip-in-enterprise-risk-management
New Programme Structure
This programme consists of 3 modules :
Module 1 : Internal Audit Basics
Module 2 : Internal Audit Practice
Module 3 : Internal Audit Knowledge Elements
Assessment and Award
- For each module, assessment is based on mid-test (30%) and internal final module examination (70%), students are also required to achieve 70% attendance.
- The Executive Diploma aims to deliver the knowledge of internal audit as well as examination oriented. There will be mock examinations in form of mid-test and internal final module examination followed by examination review.
- Upon successful completion of 3 modules, students will be awarded the Executive Diploma.
- NO Exemption
- Monday, 7:00pm - 10:00pm
- Friday, 7:00pm - 10:00pm
- 12 months (Maximum 2 years)
- Mr. Ben Wong, MAcc, FCPA (Practising), FAIA, ATIHK, CTA(HK)
- He has 15 years’ teaching experience in both academic and professional fields and has been working in the auditing field for over 30 years.
- Mr. Samuel Cheung, HKICPA, CGMA (US) and AICPA (US), Master in Professional Accounting (The Hong Kong Polytechnic University) and Financial Management (The University of Manchester); Lectures in international universities and professional institutes on professional accounting and Professional Exam Prep Programme
- Ms. Carol Ng was Head of Audit, Marsh & McLennan Co. Ltd., Asia Pacific (2005-2010); ACCA;ACFE; HKICPA; CISA
Mar 2018 / July 2018 Intake Tentative Schedule
TUTOR: BEN WONG
|1||05/03/2018||Monday||7:00 – 10:00 pm||To be confirmed|
|2||12/03/2018||Monday||7:00 – 10:00 pm||To be confirmed|
|3||19/03/2018||Monday||7:00 – 10:00 pm||To be confirmed|
|4||24/03/2018||Saturday||2:30 – 5:30 pm||To be confirmed|
|5||26/03/2018||Monday||7:00 – 10:00 pm||To be confirmed|
|6||09/04/2018||Monday||7:00 – 10:00 pm||To be confirmed|
|7||14/04/2018||Saturday||2:30 – 5:30 pm||To be confirmed|
|8||16/04/2018||Monday||7:00 - 10:00 pm||To be confirmed|
|9||23/04/2018||Monday||7:00 – 10:00 pm||To be confirmed|
|10||28/04/2018||Saturday||2:30 – 5:30 pm||To be confirmed|
|11||30/04/2018||Monday||7:00 – 10:00 pm||To be confirmed|
|12||07/05/2018||Monday||7:00 – 10:00 pm||To be confirmed|
|13||12/05/2018||Saturday||2:30 – 5:30 pm||To be confirmed|
|14||14/05/2018||Monday||7:00 – 10:00 pm||To be confirmed|
TUTOR: CAROL NG
Internal Audit Practice
|1||12/03/2018||Mon/Fri (TBC)||7-10 PM||TBC|
|2||19/03/2018||Mon/Fri (TBC)||7-10 PM||TBC|
|3||26/03/2018||Mon/Fri (TBC)||7-10 PM||TBC|
|4||09/04/2018||Mon/Fri (TBC)||7-10 PM||TBC|
|5||16/04/2018||Mon/Fri (TBC)||7-10 PM||TBC|
|6||23/04/2018||Mon/Fri (TBC)||7-10 PM||TBC|
|4||30/04/2018||Mon/Fri (TBC)||7-10 PM||TBC|
|8||07/05/2018||Mon/Fri (TBC)||7-10 PM||TBC|
|9||14/05/2018||Mon/Fri (TBC)||7-10 PM||TBC|
|10||21/05/2018||Mon/Fri (TBC)||7-10 PM||TBC|
|Final Examination||06/07/2018||Friday||7-10 PM||TBC|
|Final Examination||05/11/2018||Monday||7-10 PM||TBC|
Remarks: HKU SPACE reserves the right to make changes.
- hold a bachelor’s degree awarded by a recognized university or equivalent; or
- hold relevant professional qualifications equivalent to a bachelor's degree.
- Applicants with other qualifications and substantial senior level work experience will be considered on individual merits.
HK$150 non-refundableCourse Fee
- HK$6750 per module
- The CEF Institution Code of HKU SPACE is 100
CEF SectorFinancial Services
|Executive Diploma/ Executive Certificate in Internal Audit
行政人員文憑/ 行政人員證書 (內部審計)
|COURSE CODE 23Z07332-5||FEES Executive Diploma in Internal Audit : $6,750 per module x 3 modules = $20,250 Executive Certificate in Internal Audit : $6,750 per module x 2 modules = $13,500||ENQUIRY 2867-8322|
|Module 1 - Internal Audit Basics (Module from Executive Diploma/ Executive Certificate in Internal Audit Programme)|
|COURSE CODE 23Z07276-0||FEES $6,750||ENQUIRY 2867-8322|
|Module 2 - Internal Audit Practice (Module from Executive Diploma/ Executive Certificate in Internal Audit Programme)|
|COURSE CODE 23Z07277-9||FEES $6,750||ENQUIRY 2867-8322|
|Continuing Education Fund reimbursable programme (selected modules only)
Some modules of this programme have been included in the list of CEF reimbursable programmes. Application for CEF has to be made before commencement of the modules.
Application Form Download Application FormEnrolment Method
Applicants are required to submit the application form with supporting documents (including copy of HKID) at HKUSPACE Enrolment Centres in person.
Please present the academic documents and HKID (both original and copies for Verification) for the application process.Payment Method
1. Cash or EPS
Course fees can be paid by cash or EPS at any HKU SPACE enrolment counters.
2. Cheque or bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please specify theprogramme title(s) for application and applicant’s name. You may either:
- bring the completed form(s), together with the appropriate course or application fees in the form of a cheque, and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres;
- or mail the above documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope. HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment sent by mail.
Applicants may also pay the course fee by VISA or MasterCard, including the “HKU SPACE MasterCard”, at anyHKU SPACE enrolment centres. Holders of the HKU SPACE MasterCard can enjoy a 10-month interest-freeinstalment period for courses with a tuition fee worth a minimum of HK$2,000; however, the course applicant must also be the cardholder himself/herself. For enquiries, please contact our staff at any enrolment centres.
4. Online payment
The course fees of all open admission courses (course enrolled on first come, first served basis) and selected award-bearing programmes can be settled by using PPS via the Internet. Applicants may also pay the relevant course fees by VISA or MasterCard online. Please refer to the Online Services page on the School website.
For general and short courses, applicants may be required to pay the course fee in cash or by EPS, Visa or MasterCard if the course is to start shortly.
Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, cheque or PPS (for online payment only) will normally be reimbursed by a cheque, and fees paid by credit card will normally be reimbursed to the payment cardholder’s credit card account.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme team for details.
- Fees and places on courses cannot be transferred from one applicant to another. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on approved transfers.
- Receipts will be issued for fees paid but HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of receipt sent by mail.
- For additional copies of receipts, please send a stamped, self-addressed envelope with a completed form and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to ‘HKU SPACE’. Such copies will only normally be issued at the end of a course.
- More Programmes of
- Accounting and Corporate Governance