Business & Management Innovation, Creativity and Entrepreneurship
The LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY® virtual class is also available NOW. Join us with a 100% safe place during COVID-19! A LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY® basic set will be delivered to your place for you.
We also offer customised corporate training workshop using LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY® materials and methodology. You are most welcome to contact us at 2867 8318 for details.
Design thinking is essential for companies to come up with innovative and creative solutions for problems. The target from the process is to develop an in-depth understanding of the problem in order to reach creative solutions. The combination of Design Thinking and LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY® is the latest trend used by companies in building team synergy and to innovate business strategy.
Design thinking is a complex process which combines both logical thinking and creative imagination in order to build innovative products and services. It is where LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY® (LSP) using LEGO® bricks can complement.
LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY® facilitates the participants to communicate visually through a storytelling model while using the colorful bricks. In a less formal or “play’ mode, the participants can share, discuss and innovate their ideas visually following the process of Design Thinking on organizational strategy or any issues on hand for business results.
Design Thinking is known as a creative process, where students - each with their own way of thinking - step by step build innovative ideas. Combining the process-oriented method. LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY®, students literally will be able to create and work towards a result. They will be facilitated to communicate their ideas visually using the colourful LEGO® in a team.
- Design Thinking is a human-centered approach to integrate the needs of people, the possibilities of technology, and the requirements for business success. The structured LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY® methodology will guide students to think, build and reflect so as to develop a deeper understanding of the issues on hand.
- Understanding the Concept and 5 Core Steps of Design Thinking, as well as learning from global case studies.
- Applying the Design Thinking process using the LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY® materials and methodology to create new solutions for problems of the team.
- Communicating ideas visually using the colourful LEGO® in a team, thus developing team synergy to solve complex problems together.
Who should attend
- Business Managers / Executives
- Startup / Entrepreneurs
- HR and Training Professionals
- Team Leaders
- Councilors / Career Councilors
- Social Workers
- Anyone interested in LEGO® Serious Play ® Methodology
Mr Kenneth Yu
Kenneth received his LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY® training in Denmark and London. Since then he has led numerous LSP workshops for organisations and corporations from various sectors. Recently, he has conducted LSP workshops online and some are large scale ones for multinational corporations. Kenneth is an experienced trainer not only for LSP, he has been a Corporate Trainer, Coach and Lecturer for over 17 years. He has conducted training workshops in Hong Kong,
China, Taiwan, Malaysia, Vietnam and Myanmar in Cantonese, Putonghua and English. He is professional in Team Development, Creative thinking, Problem Solving, Communication skills, Strategic Planning, Meeting Facilitation.
Kenneth is also a registered Social Worker and has a Master Degree in Marketing Management awarded by the Hong Kong Polytechnic University. He is experienced and professional online marketer providing professional E-commerce management and marketing solution to corporations who want to achieve outstanding Sales and Branding results on internet platforms, especially in worldwide.
Statement of attendance
A STATEMENT OF ATTENDANCE from HKU SPACE will be issued to all students who have successfully completed the workshop.
Days / Time
- Saturday, 10:00am - 5:00pm
- HKU SPACE Learning Centre (Hong Kong Island)
- Course Fee : HK$3,000 per programme
- Early Bird Rate : HK$2,700 per programme ( Application to be submitted on or before 2 Oct 2020 in the Learning Centre)
- Group Rate : HK$2,500 per programme (Package for 2 persons should be enrolled in the Learning Centre under the same transaction)
Application Form Download Application FormEnrolment Method
HKU SPACE provides 24-hour online application and payment service for students to apply to selected award-bearing programmes and to enrol in most open admission courses (courses enrolled on a first come, first served basis) via the Internet. Applicants may settle the payment by using either "PPS by Internet" (not available via mobile phones), VISA or Mastercard online. Online WeChat Pay, Online AliPay and Faster Payment System (FPS) are also available for continuing enrolment in the same programme, if online service is offered.
For first time enrolment
Complete the online application form
Applicant may click the icon on the top right hand corner of the programme/course webpage to make online application, and then follow the instructions to fill in the online application form.
Some programmes/courses may admit by selection, and may require applicants to provide electronic copy of any required documents (e.g. proof of qualification) as indicated on the programme/course webpage. Only file format in doc, docx, jpg and pdf are supported.
Make Online Payment
Pay the application or programme/course fees by either using:
"PPS by Internet" - You will need a PPS account and a PPS Internet password. For information on how to open a PPS account and how to set up a PPS Internet password, please visit http://www.ppshk.com.
*Credit Card Online Payment - Course fees can be paid by VISA or Mastercard including the “HKU SPACE Mastercard”.
* HKU SPACE Mastercard cardholders who wish to enjoy 10-month interest free instalment scheme must pay their tuition fees in person at any of our HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
To know more about first-time online application/enrolment and payment, please refer to the user guide of Online Application / Enrolment and Payment:
For continuing enrolment in the same programme
Selected programmes offer online continuing enrolment service. Programme staff will inform students if they offer this service and offer further enrolment details.
Online Payment can be made via "PPS by Internet" (not available via mobile phones), VISA or Mastercard, Online WeChat Pay, Online AliPay and Faster Payment System (FPS)
In Person / Mail
For first time enrolment
For first come, first served short courses, complete the Application for Enrolment Form SF26 and bring or post the completed form(s), together with the appropriate application/course fee(s) and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres.
[Download Enrolment Form SF26]
Award-bearing and professional courses may require other information. Forms are usually available at the enrolment centres or on request from programme staff. Bring or post the completed form(s), together with the appropriate application/course fee(s) and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres.
For continuing enrolment in the same programme
The standard ‘Enrolment/Payment Slip’ is designed for students of award-bearing programmes or remaining programmes in a suite of programmes requiring continuing enrolment and it applies to most programmes.
Students should complete the “Enrolment/Payment Slip” which will be made available by relevant programme staff and return the slip to any HKU SPACE enrolment centre or post it to the relevant programme staff with appropriate fee payment.
Please refer to available Payment Methods for fee payment information. If you are in doubt about the procedures, please check the individual course details, or contact our programme staff or enrolment centres.
Please note the followings for programme/course enrollment:
- Applicants should not leave the online application idle for more than 10 minutes. Otherwise, applicants must restart the application process.
- Only Early Bird Discount is supported for Online Applicants (Application). To enjoy other types of discount, please visit one of our enrolment centres.
- During the online application process, asynchronous application and payment submission may occur. Successful payment may not guarantee successful application. In case of unsuccessful submission, our programme staff will contact you shortly.
- Applicants are reminded that they should only apply for the same programme/course once through counter or online application.
- For online enrolment, a payment confirmation page would be displayed after payment has been made successfully. In addition, a confirmation email would also be sent to your email account. You are advised to keep your payment confirmation for future enquiries.
- Fees paid are not refundable except as statutorily provided or under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment).
- If admission is by selection, the official receipt is not a guarantee that your application has been accepted. We will inform you of the result as soon as possible after the closing date for application. Unsuccessful applicants will be given a refund of programme/course fee if already paid.
The School provides a platform for online services for a selected range of products it offers. While every effort is made to ensure timeliness and accuracy of information contained in this website, such information and materials are provided "as is" without express or implied warranty of any kind. In particular, no warranty or assurance regarding non-infringement, security, accuracy, fitness for a purpose or freedom from computer viruses is given in connection with such information and materials.
The School (and its respective employees and subsidiaries) is not liable for any loss or damage in connection with any online payments made by you by reason of (i) any failure, delay, interruption, suspension or restriction of the transmission of any information or message from any payment gateways of the relevant banks and/or third party merchants for processing credit/debit/smart card or other payment facilitation mechanism; (ii) any negligence, mistake, error in or omission from any information or message transmitted from the said payment gateways; (iii) any breakdown, malfunction or failure of those gateways in effecting online payment service or (iv) anything arisen out of or in connection with the said payment gateways, including but not limited to unauthorised access to or alternation of the transmission of data or any unlawful act not permitted by the law.
1. Cash, EPS, WeChat Pay Or Alipay
Course fees can be paid by cash, EPS, WeChat Pay or Alipay at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
2. Cheque Or Bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please specify the programme title(s) for application and the applicant’s name.. You may either:
- bring the completed form(s), together with the appropriate course or application fees in the form of a cheque, and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres;
- or mail the above documents to any of the HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope. HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment sent by mail.
Applicants may also pay the course fee by VISA or Mastercard, including the “HKU SPACE Mastercard”, at any HKU SPACE enrolment centres. Holders of the HKU SPACE Mastercard can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses with a tuition fee worth a minimum of HK$2,000; however, the course applicant must also be the cardholder himself/herself. For enquiries, please contact our staff at any enrolment centres.
4. Online Payment
Online application / enrolment is offered for most open admission courses (course enrolled on first come, first served basis) and selected award-bearing programmes. Application fees and course fees of these programmes/courses can be settled by using "PPS by Internet" (not available via mobile phones), VISA or Mastercard. In addition to the aforesaid online payment channels, continuing students of award-bearing programmes, if their programmes offer online service, may also pay their course fees by Online WeChat Pay, Online Alipay and Faster Payment System (FPS). Please refer to Enrolment Methods - Online Enrolment for details.
- If the programme/course is starting within five working days, application by post is not recommended to avoid any delays. Applicants are advised to enrol in person at HKU SPACE Enrolement Centres and avoid making cheque payment under this circustance.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, WeChat Pay, Alipay, cheque or PPS (for online payment only) will normally be reimbursed by a cheque, and fees paid by credit card will normally be reimbursed to the payment cardholder's credit card account.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme team for details.
- Fees and places on courses cannot be transferrable from one applicant to another. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on each approved transfer.
- Receipts will be issued for fees paid but HKU SPACE will not be repsonsible for any loss of receipt sent by mail.
- For payment certification, please submit a completed form, a sufficiently stamped and self-addressed envelope, and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to "HKU SPACE" to any of our enrolment centres.