Business & Management Innovation, Creativity and Entrepreneurship
ArtTech is a blue ocean that poses great potential for Hong Kong to flourish and thrive in the global art scene. In this workshop, we will explore the disruptions of ArtTech from the perspective of business innovation and the impact of Digital Art and NFT on the art markets.
- Develop an understanding of Innovation in Art Market and ArtTech
- Equip with key concepts of digital art evaluation
- Acquire basic knowledge of Non-fungible Token (NFT) and its dealing
- Develop key skills in the application of NFT dealing
- Acquire entrepreneurial knowledge in online art dealing
Session 1 (10:00am - 1:00pm): Innovation in Art Market and ArtTech - Mr Heiman Ng
- The promotion of ArtTech in Hong Kong
- Virtual exhibition as an alternative art space
- The Evaluation of Digital Art
- The Rise of NFT and what it means to the art world
Session 2 (2:00pm - 5:00pm): NFT Market for Art and Collectibles - Dr Colin Lee
- Introduction to non-fungible token (NFT), with elaboration on ERC 721 & 1151; Binance NFT
- NFT case study for Art and Collectibles
- Features of global NFT Platforms
- The Power of Decentralised Finance (DeFi) and NFT
- From Old Economy to New Economy: Community, Decentralized, Reinventing Organizations & Ecosystem
- Beyond the Art Value: NFT Platforms in Hong Kong
Session 3 (2:00pm - 5:00pm): Online Art Dealing and Entrepreneurship - Dr Irene Lau
- Edge of online art dealing
- Innovative business model for the art market
- How to become an art entrepreneur
- Business sustainability of art dealing
Who Should Attend
- Art Dealers
- Art Business Professionals
- Art Lovers
- Museum and Gallery Curators
- IT Professional
- Anyone interested to join the art market and ArtTech professions
Mr Heiman Ng
Heiman is a senior art advisor with more than 10 years of experience in art consulting, curating, and training in Greater China. Prior to joining Digital Art Fair as the Director and Head of Business Development, he was the Course Leader of Christie’s Education, Asia, and Head of Press of Bonhams.
He is currently teaching as a part-time Lecturer in The University of Hong Kong (Programme: Global Creative Industries) and HKU SPACE (Programme: Executive Workshop “Innovation in ArtTech and NFT”) respectively. He is also part of the Academic Advisory Board of the Sociology Department of Hong Kong Shue Yan University.
Dr Colin Lee
Dr Colin Lee Chi Kin is a blockchain industry analyst, organizer of Ethereum South and Southeast Asia, founder of the Blockchain Industry Analyst Association, holds a Ph.D. in philosophy from Shanghai University of Finance and Economics , Doctoral Degree in financial Management from European University, Digital Transformation qualification at Cambridge University, UK .
Dr Lee had published research papers on the "contemporary economy" and "China's strategic emerging industries" . He was appointed Lecturer on the advanced blockchain training course to the CEIBS Business Review and China Europe International Business School. He was also invited to be guest lecturer at the Peking University Shenzhen Research Institute SME Growth Index. In 2018, Dr Lee led the panel of experts for the Ministry of Human Resources and Social Security of the People's Republic of China and wrote the syllabus and content of China's continuing engineering education blockchain technology application management post curriculum.
Dr Lee established Asia's first digital transformation professional service (Digital BuildRise) in 2019 to make various new technology financial projects fully process compliance. He is currently the director of digital economy and transformation of listed company, and his leadership team provides digital transformation solutions for listed companies in Asia. His professional experience also include regional manager of the insurance group, the founder of the family office & family fund, the hotel, real estate development investor, and the founder of the Fintech & Medical System Technology company.
Dr Irene Lau
Dr Irene Lau is a part-time lecturer of HKU SPACE. She teaches marketing in the Global MBA programme of the University of London and has been the dissertation supervisor for MA Arts and Cultural Enterprise of the University of Arts London. She was the Deputy Director of Senior Executive Programme in the Faculty of Business and Economics of the University of Hong Kong and has over 20 years of experience in executive education.
Dr Lau is currently the Chairman of the Central and Western District Association for Culture and Arts. She holds professional qualifications as the Fellow of The International Institute of Management (FIIM), Fellow of The Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators (FCIS, FCS) and Fellow of the Hong Kong Institution of Directors (HKIoD). She was graduated from The University of Cambridge with research focus on business sustainability.
Statement of Attendance
Students who have achieved not less than 70% attendance will be awarded a Statement of Attendance by HKU SPACE.
Days / Time
- Saturday, 10:00am - 5:00pm
- Saturday, 2:00pm - 5:00pm
- HKU SPACE Learning Centre
- Course Fee: HK$4200 per person (Online payment available)
Group Rate: HK$3600 per person (Package for 2 persons or more, please enroll at the Learning Centre under the same transaction)
Application Form Download Application FormEnrolment Method
HKU SPACE provides 24-hour online application and payment service for students to apply to selected award-bearing programmes and to enrol in most open admission courses (courses enrolled on a first come, first served basis) via the Internet. Applicants may settle the payment by using either "PPS by Internet" (not available via mobile phones), VISA or Mastercard online. Online WeChat Pay, Online AliPay and Faster Payment System (FPS) are also available for continuing enrolment in the same programme, if online service is offered.
For first time enrolment
Complete the online application form
Applicant may click the icon on the top right hand corner of the programme/course webpage to make online application, and then follow the instructions to fill in the online application form.
Some programmes/courses may admit by selection, and may require applicants to provide electronic copy of any required documents (e.g. proof of qualification) as indicated on the programme/course webpage. Only file format in doc, docx, jpg and pdf are supported.
Make Online Payment
Pay the application or programme/course fees by either using:
"PPS by Internet" - You will need a PPS account and a PPS Internet password. For information on how to open a PPS account and how to set up a PPS Internet password, please visit http://www.ppshk.com.
*Credit Card Online Payment - Course fees can be paid by VISA or Mastercard including the “HKU SPACE Mastercard”.
* HKU SPACE Mastercard cardholders who wish to enjoy 10-month interest free instalment scheme must pay their tuition fees in person at any of our HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
To know more about first-time online application/enrolment and payment, please refer to the user guide of Online Application / Enrolment and Payment:
For continuing enrolment in the same programme
Selected programmes offer online continuing enrolment service. Programme staff will inform students if they offer this service and offer further enrolment details.
Online Payment can be made via "PPS by Internet" (not available via mobile phones), VISA or Mastercard, Online WeChat Pay, Online AliPay and Faster Payment System (FPS)
In Person / Mail
For first time enrolment
For first come, first served short courses, complete the Application for Enrolment Form SF26 and bring or post the completed form(s), together with the appropriate application/course fee(s) and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres.
[Download Enrolment Form SF26]
Award-bearing and professional courses may require other information. Forms are usually available at the enrolment centres or on request from programme staff. Bring or post the completed form(s), together with the appropriate application/course fee(s) and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres.
For continuing enrolment in the same programme
The standard ‘Enrolment/Payment Slip’ is designed for students of award-bearing programmes or remaining programmes in a suite of programmes requiring continuing enrolment and it applies to most programmes.
Students should complete the “Enrolment/Payment Slip” which will be made available by relevant programme staff and return the slip to any HKU SPACE enrolment centre or post it to the relevant programme staff with appropriate fee payment.
Please refer to available Payment Methods for fee payment information. If you are in doubt about the procedures, please check the individual course details, or contact our programme staff or enrolment centres.
Please note the followings for programme/course enrollment:
- Applicants should not leave the online application idle for more than 10 minutes. Otherwise, applicants must restart the application process.
- Only Early Bird Discount is supported for Online Applicants (Application). To enjoy other types of discount, please visit one of our enrolment centres.
- During the online application process, asynchronous application and payment submission may occur. Successful payment may not guarantee successful application. In case of unsuccessful submission, our programme staff will contact you shortly.
- Applicants are reminded that they should only apply for the same programme/course once through counter or online application.
- For online enrolment, a payment confirmation page would be displayed after payment has been made successfully. In addition, a confirmation email would also be sent to your email account. You are advised to keep your payment confirmation for future enquiries.
- Fees paid are not refundable except as statutorily provided or under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment).
- If admission is by selection, the official receipt is not a guarantee that your application has been accepted. We will inform you of the result as soon as possible after the closing date for application. Unsuccessful applicants will be given a refund of programme/course fee if already paid.
The School provides a platform for online services for a selected range of products it offers. While every effort is made to ensure timeliness and accuracy of information contained in this website, such information and materials are provided "as is" without express or implied warranty of any kind. In particular, no warranty or assurance regarding non-infringement, security, accuracy, fitness for a purpose or freedom from computer viruses is given in connection with such information and materials.
The School (and its respective employees and subsidiaries) is not liable for any loss or damage in connection with any online payments made by you by reason of (i) any failure, delay, interruption, suspension or restriction of the transmission of any information or message from any payment gateways of the relevant banks and/or third party merchants for processing credit/debit/smart card or other payment facilitation mechanism; (ii) any negligence, mistake, error in or omission from any information or message transmitted from the said payment gateways; (iii) any breakdown, malfunction or failure of those gateways in effecting online payment service or (iv) anything arisen out of or in connection with the said payment gateways, including but not limited to unauthorised access to or alternation of the transmission of data or any unlawful act not permitted by the law.
1. Cash, EPS, WeChat Pay Or Alipay
Course fees can be paid by cash, EPS, WeChat Pay or Alipay at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
2. Cheque Or Bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please specify the programme title(s) for application and the applicant’s name.. You may either:
- bring the completed form(s), together with the appropriate course or application fees in the form of a cheque, and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres;
- or mail the above documents to any of the HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope. HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment sent by mail.
Applicants may also pay the course fee by VISA or Mastercard, including the “HKU SPACE Mastercard”, at any HKU SPACE enrolment centres. Holders of the HKU SPACE Mastercard can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses with a tuition fee worth a minimum of HK$2,000; however, the course applicant must also be the cardholder himself/herself. For enquiries, please contact our staff at any enrolment centres.
4. Online Payment
Online application / enrolment is offered for most open admission courses (course enrolled on first come, first served basis) and selected award-bearing programmes. Application fees and course fees of these programmes/courses can be settled by using "PPS by Internet" (not available via mobile phones), VISA or Mastercard. In addition to the aforesaid online payment channels, continuing students of award-bearing programmes, if their programmes offer online service, may also pay their course fees by Online WeChat Pay, Online Alipay and Faster Payment System (FPS). Please refer to Enrolment Methods - Online Enrolment for details.
- If the programme/course is starting within five working days, application by post is not recommended to avoid any delays. Applicants are advised to enrol in person at HKU SPACE Enrolement Centres and avoid making cheque payment under this circustance.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, WeChat Pay, Alipay, cheque or PPS (for online payment only) will normally be reimbursed by a cheque, and fees paid by credit card will normally be reimbursed to the payment cardholder's credit card account.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme team for details.
- Fees and places on courses cannot be transferrable from one applicant to another. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on each approved transfer.
- Receipts will be issued for fees paid but HKU SPACE will not be repsonsible for any loss of receipt sent by mail.
- For payment certification, please submit a completed form, a sufficiently stamped and self-addressed envelope, and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to "HKU SPACE" to any of our enrolment centres.
- More Programmes of
- Innovation, Creativity and Entrepreneurship
- Relevant Programmes
- Executive Workshop “Art Market, Trading, and Collectibles”