Marketing & HospitalityMarketing Communications and Branding
Professional Certificate in Marketing
CEF Reimbursable Course (selected modules only)
- Study mode
- Start Date
- To be advised
- 8 months to 12 months
HKU SPACE offers Professional Certificate in Marketing (hereafter ‘The Programme”) to adult learners. The programme provides theoretical concepts of marketing and the knowledge of business economics and sales management. The programme is recognized by the Hong Kong Institute of Marketing (hereafter ‘HKIM’)
The programme aims to provide students with a foundation in marketing and its integration with other important functional business units such as economics and sales management. Students may also choose to progress into the Professional Diploma in Marketing programme to become an Affiliate Member of HKIM.
- Experiential Learning is adopted in the teaching of the Programme.
- Interactive activities with students centric such as cases study, video with discussion, debate, are conducted in classes .
- Asian-focused curriculum reflecting local trends and issues.
- Face-to-face teaching by experienced and qualified lecturers.
- Strong connection with the industry with marketing seminars and experience sharing forums organized by HKU SPACE and HKIM.
The Professional Certificate in Marketing programme comprises of three modules to be completed in 8 months (max 12 months) on a part-time basis.
- Principles of Marketing
- Business Economics
- Selling and Sales Management
Programme Intended Learning Outcomes
On completion of the programme, students should be able to:
- critically evaluate fundamentals that are core to the discipline of marketing;
- apply knowledge of business economics to effective planning of marketing strategies and tactics; and
- analyse the role of personal selling in an organization and the practices contributing to the success of personal selling.
Assessment and Awards
- Assessment is based on coursework (40%) and examinations (60%).
- Upon successful completion of this programme, students may progress to the Professional Diploma in Marketing programme.
- Holders of the Professional Diploma in Marketing may apply for University of Hull’s BA(Hons) Marketing / Marketing and Management programme.
- Holders of the Professional Diploma in Marketing may apply for Edinburgh Napier University’s BA (Hons) in Festival and Event Management programme.
- Holders of the Professional Diploma in marketing meet the education requirements for Associate Membership of HKIM.
1. have gained in the HKALE Grade E in 2 subjects; or
2. have gained in the HKDSE Examination Level 2 in 5 subjects including English Language and 1 year of relevant work experience;or
3. have gained in the HKCEE Grade E in 4 subjects, and Level 2 in English Language or equivalent, and have 2 years of relevant work experience; or
4. be aged at least 21 or above with 3 years of relevant work experience.
Applicants with other equivalent qualifications and relevant work experience will be considered on individual merits.
HK$150 non-refundableCourse Fee
- HK$3,950 per module (for Principles of Marketing and Business Economics)
- HK$2,500 per module (for Selling and Sales Management)
- The CEF Institution Code of HKU SPACE is 100
|Principles of Marketing (Module from Professional Certificate in Marketing)|
|COURSE CODE 21Z09891-8||FEES $3,950||ENQUIRY 2867-8325|
|Business Economics (Module from Professional Certificate in Marketing)|
|COURSE CODE 21Z09892-6||FEES $3,950||ENQUIRY 2867-8325|
|Continuing Education Fund Reimbursable Course (selected modules only)
Some modules of this course have been included in the list of reimbursable courses under the Continuing Education Fund.
Professional Certificate in Marketing
Application Form Download Application FormEnrolment Method
HKU SPACE provides 24-hour online application and payment service for students to make enrolment for most open admission courses (courses enrolled on first come, first served basis) and selected award-bearing programmes via the Internet. Applicants may settle the payment by using either PPS, VISA or Mastercard online.
Complete the online application form
Applicant may click the icon on the top right hand corner of the programme/course webpage to make online application, and then follow the instructions to fill in the online application form.
Some programmes/courses may be admitted by selection, and may require applicants to provide electronic copy of any required documents (e.g. proof of qualification) as indicated on the programme/course webpage. Only file format in doc, docx, jpg and pdf are supported.
Make Online Payment
Pay the programme/course fees by either using:
PPS via Internet - You will need a PPS account and a PPS Internet password. For information on how to open a PPS account and how to set up a PPS Internet password, please visit http://www.ppshk.com.
Credit Card Online Payment - Course fees can be paid by VISA or Mastercard including the “HKU SPACE Mastercard”.
To know more about online enrolment and payment, please refer to the user guide of Online Enrolment and Payment:
In Person / Mail
For first time enrolment
Applicants must provide all the required information on the application form and any additional information as required after the intial application assessment. Otherwise the School may not be able to process the admission/enrolment further.
- For first come, first served short courses, complete the Application for Enrolment Form SF26 and bring or post the completed form(s), together with the appropriate application/course fee(s) and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres.
- Award-bearing and professional courses may require other information. Forms are usually available at the enrolment centres or on request from programme staff. Bring or post the completed form(s), together with the appropriate application/course fee(s) and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres.
For continuing enrolment in the same course
In person or by post
- The standard ‘Enrolment/Payment Slip’ is designed for students of award-bearing programmes or remaining programmes in a suite of programmes requiring continuing enrolment and it applies to most programmes.
- Students should complete the “Enrolment/Payment Slip” which will be made available by relevant programme staff and return the slip to any HKU SPACE enrolment centre or post it to the relevant programme staff with appropriate fee payment.
If you are in doubt about the procedures, please check the individual course details, or contact our programme staff or enrolment centres.
Please note the followings for programme/course enrollment:
- Applicants should not leave the online application idle for more than 10 minutes. Otherwise, applicants must restart the application process.
- Only S-MILES and Early Bird Discount are supported in Online Applicants (Application). To enjoy other types of discount, please visit one of our enrolment centres.
- During the online application process, asynchronous application and payment submission may occur. Successful payment may not guarantee successful application. In case of unsuccessful submission, our programme staff will contact you shortly.
- Applicants are reminded that they should only apply for the same programme/course once through counter or online application.
- For online enrolment, payment confirmation page would be displayed after payment has been made successfully. In addition, a confirmation email would also be sent to your email account. You are advised to keep your payment confirmation for future enquiries.
- Fees paid are not refundable except as statutorily provided or under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment).
- If admission is by selection, the official receipt is not a guarantee that your application has been accepted. We will inform you of the result as soon as possible after the closing date for application. Unsuccessful applicants will be given a refund of programme/course fee if already paid.
The School provides a platform for online services for a selected range of products it offers. While every effort is made to ensure timeliness and accuracy of information contained in this website, such information and materials are provided "as is" without express or implied warranty of any kind. In particular, no warranty or assurance regarding non-infringement, security, accuracy, fitness for a purpose or freedom from computer viruses is given in connection with such information and materials.
The School (and its respective employees and subsidiaries) is not liable for any loss or damage in connection with any online payments made by you by reason of (i) any failure, delay, interruption, suspension or restriction of the transmission of any information or message from any payment gateways of the relevant banks and/or third party merchants for processing credit/debit/smart card or other payment facilitation mechanism; (ii) any negligence, mistake, error in or omission from any information or message transmitted from the said payment gateways; (iii) any breakdown, malfunction or failure of those gateways in effecting online payment service or (iv) anything arisen out of or in connection with the said payment gateways, including but not limited to unauthorised access to or alternation of the transmission of data or any unlawful act not permitted by the law.