SPACE STEM+E(nglish) Series: Coding and Robotics
SPACE STEM+英語系列: 編程與機器人
- Course Code
- Application Code
- Study mode
- Start Date
- To be advised
- Next intake(s)
- Jul 2022
- 6 weeks
- Course Fee
This course is an 18-hour science, creative activity and English course which will cover:
- The introduction of coding, robotics in the world today.
- The construction and programming of the robots.
- Learning scientific vocabulary and terminology.
- Building discussion and presentation skills.
- Heightening listening skills through videos.
Students will take part in a mixture of theory and practical activities which in turn provide opportunities for the use of English. The aim is to build up everyday English. So that students build the confidence and acquire the knowledge on how to communicate effectively. This is done through a number of ways by using exercises based on video, worksheets, discussions and teamwork. For the science part it is about understanding the importance of computers coding, robotics and programming play in the world today.
|Start Date||19 Jul 2021 (Mon)|
|Time||2:30pm - 5:30pm (Mon)|
|Venue||Room 317, Admiralty Learning Centre|
- 6 meeting(s)
- 3 hours per meeting
- Course Fee : HK$2,700
a) complete the enrolment form and enroll in the course(s)
(ii) by mail with cheque/bank draft to ‘HKU SPACE Summer School Office, 11/F, 250 King’s Road, Hong Kong’
Cheque/Bank draft should be made payable to ‘HKU SPACE’ with applicant’s name and course(s) applied written on the back. A photo of the applicant (in plain colour background, 45mm(W) x 55mm(H)) is also required.
b) apply through the School’s online enrolment system and pay by credit card or PPS.
If you are applying for more than one course, please check to ensure that there is no clash of class schedules before submitting your application.
- Fees and places on courses cannot be transferred from one applicant to another. Once accepted to a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on approved transfers.
- Receipts will be issued for fees paid but HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of receipt sent by mail.
- Receipts will only be issued once. For additional copies of proof of payments, please send a stamped, self-addressed envelope with a completed form and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to ‘HKU SPACE’. Such copies will only normally be issued at the end of a course.
For details of admission, information for students, enrolment centres and other information related to HKU SPACE Summer School, please visit our Summer School webpage.
- More Programmes of