Architecture, Environment & HousingDigital Building Design
Understanding Building Information Modelling
- Course Code
- Application Code
- Study mode
- Start Date
- 12 Aug 2020 (Wed)
- 5 days
- English supplemented with Cantonese
- Course Fee
Research found that Building Information Modelling (BIM) will become a common technology in the construction sectors in Hong Kong. The technology has transformed the traditional practice of architecture, in the ways a project brief is conceived, design imagination, design solutions, design communication, and project management. This course will explain in simple terms the concept of full building life cycle, fundamental theories of BIM and current applications of BIM in the construction sectors. It will also introduce basic BIM modelling through computer workshop, as well as visit to local BIM hub to understand real-life examples and applications of BIM.
|Start Date||12 Aug 2020 (Wed)|
|Time||2:30 pm - 5:30 pm|
Days / Time
- Wed - Fri, 2:30pm - 5:30pm
- 15 hours in 2 weeks; 3 hours per session
12,13,14,19, 21 August 2020 (Wed/Thu/Fri)
Applicants should be aged 15 or above.
- Course Fee : HK$3,300
a) complete the enrolment form and enrol in the course(s)
(ii) by mail with cheque/bank draft to ‘HKU SPACE Summer School Office, 11/F, 250 King’s Road, Hong Kong’
Cheque/Bank draft should be made payable to ‘HKU SPACE’ with applicant’s name and course(s) applied written on the back. A photo of the applicant (in plain colour background, 45mm(W) x 55mm(H)) is also required.
b) apply through the School’s online enrolment system and pay by credit card or PPS.
All applicants who are below age 18 on 13 July 2020 MUST complete and submit the ‘Parent/Guardian Consent Form’ together with the Enrolment Form.
If you are applying for more than one course, please check to ensure that there is no clash of class schedules before submitting your application.
- Fees and places on courses cannot be transferred from one applicant to another. Once accepted to a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on approved transfers.
- Receipts will be issued for fees paid but HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of receipt sent by mail.
- Receipts will only be issued once. For additional copies of proof of payments, please send a stamped, self-addressed envelope with a completed form and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to ‘HKU SPACE’. Such copies will only normally be issued at the end of a course.
For details of admission, information for students, enrolment centres and other information related to HKU SPACE Summer School, please visit our Summer School webpage.