"Globalisation vs Deglobalisation" Forum
- Event of
- 60th Anniversary Celebrations
- Event Unit
- | Leadership Capital, Digital Economy, Smart Finance, Innovative Marketing
Thanks for your participation!
The above event has been completed successfully. Please look forward to the upcoming events.
Want to read more about the event recap?
- Date & time
- 29Jun 2017 (Thu)14:00 - 18:00 Free
- Grand Hall, Lee Shau Kee Lecture Centre, Centennial Campus, HKU
- Professor Jeffry Frieden Professor Harold James Mr. Ronnie C. Chan Mr. Antony Leung Kam-chung Professor Ning R. LIU
Professor Jeffry Frieden
Professor of Government at Harvard University
Professor Harold James
Professor of History and International Affairs at Princeton University
Mr. Ronnie C. Chan
Chairman, Hang Lung Properties Limited
Mr. Antony Leung Kam-chung
Group Chairman & CEO , Nan Fung Group
Professor Ning R. LIU
Deputy Director (Business and China), HKU SPACE Head, HKU SPACE Executive Academy
- 2867-8481 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
About the Forum
Have Brexit and the new immigration policies from the US President Donald Trump signified a turning point in Globalisation, a trend that has been prevailing over the past few decades? Does it mean Globalisation is now facing a major backlash? Where is the world heading politically, financially and socially?
This forum, “ Globalisation vs Deglobalisation”, is a key event in the celebration of the HKU SPACE 60th Anniversary. Two distinguished professors on the subject, one hailing from Harvard University and the other from Princeton University, will share their thoughts and insights from different perspectives through keynote speeches at the forum. Following the keynote speeches a panel discussion will take place, with three HK local dignitaries in addition to the two aforementioned professors as panel members, to further explore the subject with local relevance.
- 13:30 – 14:00
- 14:00 - 18:00
- Opening Speech
- Globalisation: Past, Present, and Future
- Speaker:Professor Jeffry Frieden, Professor of Government, Harvard University
- Deglobalisation as a Global Challenge
- Speaker: Professor Harold James, Professor of History and International Affairs, Princeton University
- Panel Discussion