Languages EnglishBusiness English
The competition to get ahead at work today is intense. Improving your English skills may well be one of the best ways of gaining that promotion or securing that new job. Whatever your field of work, the HKU SPACE Business English courses should help you finetune your skills and communicate with more confidence in English at a higher level in the workplace.
- Sort by
- Programme Title
The course will help you to:
- build up a range of modern idioms and spoken expressions
- develop effective listening strategies using texts and authentic materials
- gain confidence through discussion, role-play and debate
- progress towards naturally spoken English
recognise and correct common grammatical errors
work out and apply grammar rules for yourself
communicate correctly in both spoken and written English
use a greater variety of structures with confidence
To benefit from the course, you should be prepared to participate fully in all exercise and activities.
Pronunciation and Fluency 1 will help you:
- improve your English pronunciation
- become a more fluent and confident speaker of English in different situations
- increase your range of useful English vocabulary
- introduce you to different native speaker accents
Effective Writing Skills 2 develops your language at a higher level than Effective Writing Skills 1, and builds on and enhances the skills learned there. However, as long as you meet the entry requirements, you can gain direct entry into Effective Writing Skills 2 without doing Effective Writing Skills 1.