Wouldn't it be fun to improve your English so that you can communicate with interesting people from other countries, travel more easily, access the millions of pages in English on the web, appreciate films, or simply impress people around you? The HKU SPACE General English Courses should help you achieve such goals.
We offer the following programmes/courses:
- General English
- English Language Skills / Focus Skills
- Advanced Focus Skills
- English for Academic Purposes
- English for Leisure - Travel
- Public Speaking and Presentation Skills
To get admitted, either:
- gain direct entry by meeting individual course requirements; or
- take The SPACE English Course Entrance Examination.
This course focuses on Impromptu Talk and Discussion. It aims to develop oral communications skills that enable you to speak clearly and present ideas coherently.
Vocabulary Enhancement 2 develops your language at a higher level than Vocabulary Enhancement 1, and builds on and enhances the skills learned there. However, as long as you meet the entry requirements, you can gain direct entry into Vocabulary Enhancement 2 without doing Vocabulary Enhancement 1.