Wouldn't it be fun to improve your English so that you can communicate with interesting people from other countries, travel more easily, access the millions of pages in English on the web, appreciate films, or simply impress people around you? The HKU SPACE General English Courses should help you achieve such goals.
Linguaskill – a new online Cambridge English Language Proficiency Test in Hong Kong - Linguaskill Business and Linguaskill General
Effective Writing Skills 2 develops your language at a higher level than Effective Writing Skills 1, and builds on and enhances the skills learned there. However, as long as you meet the entry requirements, you can gain direct entry into Effective Writing Skills 2 without doing Effective Writing Skills 1.
The course will help you to:
- build up a range of modern idioms and spoken expressions
- develop effective listening strategies using texts and authentic materials
- gain confidence through discussion, role-play and debate
- progress towards naturally spoken English
recognise and correct common grammatical errors
work out and apply grammar rules for yourself
communicate correctly in both spoken and written English
use a greater variety of structures with confidence
To benefit from the course, you should be prepared to participate fully in all exercise and activities.
Pronunciation and Fluency 1 will help you:
- improve your English pronunciation
- become a more fluent and confident speaker of English in different situations
- increase your range of useful English vocabulary
- introduce you to different native speaker accents
Module 1: Modern Business Writing Skills
Module 2: Modern Business Oral Skills