Technology, Aviation, Engineering & Sciences Library & Information Studies
Library & Information Studies
As we approach the second decade of the 21st century, our society places an ever-growing demand on professionals to operate in a digital and information management environment and to possess advanced subject knowledge in different industries. The changing nature of society has brought a growing demand for knowledge and information at work, in education and in daily life. Librarians, information managers, archivists, knowledge managers and many other information professionals are meeting that demand by providing effective access to information resources and services.
Library and Information Studies provides a range of career opportunities for students interested in those sectors. Available courses are in information and library management, teacher-librarianship, digital information management, knowledge management, conservation and preservation.
- Sort by
- Programme Title
2. 建立圖書館助理員管理圖書館所需的技術及技巧, 如圖書資源的識別、搜集、貯存、組織、使用及流通;
4. 評估資訊服務所需的各種資訊來源, 包括印刷的及電子的資源等。
1. describe the characteristics of different types of library and information centres;
2. develop skills and techniques required by library assistants in identification, acquisition, storage, organization, use and
circulation of information;
3. identify various application of information technologies in library services;
4. evaluate various categories of information resources, print or electronic for the provision of information service;