Architecture, Environment & HousingHousing & Property
Advanced Diploma in Facility and Property Management
- Study mode
- Start Date
- To be advised
- 24 months
- English supplemented with Cantonese
- Course Fee
- For 2017/2018, HK$5,080 per module
This programme aims to provide a structured course of study and comprehensive course of training with multi-exit points to suit the training needs of Facility and Property Management practitioners.
The aims of this programme are:
- to develop applied knowledge and skills in Facility Management for property management practitioners to effectively integrate users' and organizations' needs for physical assets; and
- to provide in-depth academic training with a balanced and comprehensive scope that forms a solid foundation for further career advancement in the Facility Management discipline; and
- to provide a part-time study programme as a bridging course that leads to a degree and/or professional qualification in Facility Management.
This programme will be taught in three trimesters each year, with 2 modules being taught in each trimester. Students will normally be required to undertake five trimesters of part-time study to be completed within 2 academic years. The maximum period of completion is 5 years.
The curriculum requires students to satisfactorily complete a total of 10 modules with a total number of 120 credits. An additional optinal module is provided for fulfilling the academic requirements for admission to the Corporate Member of HKIFM. The modules are divided into 5 major areas of study and are listed as follows:
|Areas of Study and Modules||Remarks|
|1. Professional Practice of Facility Management||Core|
|2. Facility Operation and Maintenance||Core|
|3. FM Technology and Information Systems||Core|
|4. Human Factor in Facility Management|
|5. Security and Crisis Management|
|III||MANAGEMENT OF PREMISES|
|6. Management of Non-domestic Premises|
|7. Club House and Recreational Facility Management|
|IV||RESOURCES AND ENVIRONMENT|
|8. Environment, Health and Safety|
|9. Project Management||CEF Course Code 21Z05165-2|
|10. Introduction to Legal Provisions and Mediation||CEF Course Code 21Z05166-0|
11. Research Project for Facility and Property Management
1. I a)have gained in the HKDSE Examination Level 2 or above in 5 subjects, including Chinese Language and English Language;
Or b) have gained in the HKALE Grade E in one AL Subject or Two AS subjects;
II have 3 years of working experience in the field;
2. hold the Professional Diploma in Housing Management awarded within HKU system through HKU SPACE; Or
3. hold the Certificate or Advanced Certificate in Property Management awarded within HKU system through HKU SPACE, or other recognized Certificates or Diplomas related to the field, plus 3 years of work experience in the field; or be members of facility management related professional bodies, for example, Hong Kong Institute of Facility Management (HKIFM), Hong Kong Institute of Housing (HKIH), Chartered Institute of Housing, Asian Pacific Branch (CIH), etc.
4. Applicants who cannot satisfy the educational requirements specified above may be considered provided that they have at least 5 years of relevant work experience in the field, of which 2 must be at the managerial level. They should also have an acceptable general educational background.
5. Applicants with other equivalent qualifications and relevant work experience will be considered on individual merits. Applicants will be selected on the basis of their academic merit in relevant facilities management courses, work experience and performance at the interview (if required).
HK$150 (non-refundable)Course Fee
- For 2017/2018, HK$5,080 per module
- The CEF Institution Code of HKU SPACE is 100
CEF SectorBusiness Services
|Project Management (Module from Advanced Diploma in Facility and Property Management programme)|
|COURSE CODE 21Z05165-2||FEES $5,080||ENQUIRY 2508-8823|
|Introduction to Legal Provisions and Mediation (Module from Advanced Diploma in Facility and Property Management programme)|
|COURSE CODE 21Z05166-0||FEES $5,080||ENQUIRY 2508-8823|
|Continuing Education Fund reimbursable programme (selected modules only)
Some modules of this programme have been included in the list of CEF reimbursable programmes. Application for CEF has to be made before commencement of the modules.
Upon completion of the programme, graduates are eligible to apply for (1) top-up programmes offered by HKU SPACE, and (2) Associate Membership of both the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) and the Hong Kong Institute of Facility Management (HKIFM).
Graduates of the Advanced Diploma taking an additional module of "Research Project for Facility and Property Management" are considered to be in fulfillment of the academic requirements for admission to the Corporate Member of HKIFM.
Application Form Application FormEnrolment Method
We provide online application and payment service for students to make enrolment via the Internet. Enrolment will be confirmed once students have made the payment online by using either PPS or credit card.
For first-come, first-served courses:
- Complete the online application form
Click the "Apply Now" button on the top right hand corner of the course webpage to make online application. Follow the instructions to fill-in the online application form.
- Make Online Payment
Pay the course fees by either using
PPS via Internet - You will need a PPS account and a PPS Internet password. For information on how to open a PPS account and how to set up a PPS Internet password, please visit http://www.ppshk.com.
Credit Card Online Payment - Course fees can be paid by VISA or MasterCard via a secure online payment gateway for all first-come, first-served courses.
For award-bearing programmes:
Selected award-bearing programmes also provide online enrolment and payment service for its students.
If your programme accepts online enrolment and payment, a re-enrolment icon will be shown on the course webpage. Click the icon and follow the instructions to perform online enrolment and payment. You will receive relevant information from the programme team nearer the time of enrolment.
You may click here directly to access the online enrolment and payment service.
Please note the followings:
- Admission is on a first-come, first-served basis. Enrolment will be confirmed once you have made the payment online. You will receive a payment confirmation after payment has been made successfully. You are advised to keep your payment confirmation for future enquiries.
- Fees paid are not refundable except as statutorily provided or under very exceptional circumstances.
The School provides a platform for online services for a selected range of products it offers. While every effort is made to ensure timeliness and accuracy of information contained in this website, such information and materials are provided "as is" without express or implied warranty of any kind. In particular, no warranty or assurance regarding non-infringement, security, accuracy, fitness for a purpose or freedom from computer viruses is given in connection with such information and materials.
The School (and its respective employees and subsidiaries) is not liable for any loss or damage in connection with any online payments made by you by reason of (i) any failure, delay, interruption, suspension or restriction of the transmission of any information or message from any payment gateways of the relevant banks and/or third party merchants for processing credit/debit/smart card or other payment facilitation mechanism; (ii) any negligence, mistake, error in or omission from any information or message transmitted from the said payment gateways; (iii) any breakdown, malfunction or failure of those gateways in effecting online payment service or (iv) anything arisen out of or in connection with the said payment gateways, including but not limited to unauthorised access to or alternation of the transmission of data or any unlawful act not permitted by the law.
1. Cash or EPS
Course fees can be paid by cash or EPS at any HKU SPACE enrolment counters.
2. Cheque or bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please specify theprogramme title(s) for application and applicant’s name. You may either:
- bring the completed form(s), together with the appropriate course or application fees in the form of a cheque, and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres;
- or mail the above documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope. HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment sent by mail.
Applicants may also pay the course fee by VISA or MasterCard, including the “HKU SPACE MasterCard”, at anyHKU SPACE enrolment centres. Holders of the HKU SPACE MasterCard can enjoy a 10-month interest-freeinstalment period for courses with a tuition fee worth a minimum of HK$2,000; however, the course applicant must also be the cardholder himself/herself. For enquiries, please contact our staff at any enrolment centres.
4. Online payment
The course fees of all open admission courses (course enrolled on first come, first served basis) and selected award-bearing programmes can be settled by using PPS via the Internet. Applicants may also pay the relevant course fees by VISA or MasterCard online. Please refer to the Online Services page on the School website.
For general and short courses, applicants may be required to pay the course fee in cash or by EPS, Visa or MasterCard if the course is to start shortly.
Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, cheque or PPS (for online payment only) will normally be reimbursed by a cheque, and fees paid by credit card will normally be reimbursed to the payment cardholder’s credit card account.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme team for details.
- Fees and places on courses cannot be transferred from one applicant to another. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on approved transfers.
- Receipts will be issued for fees paid but HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of receipt sent by mail.
- For additional copies of receipts, please send a stamped, self-addressed envelope with a completed form and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to ‘HKU SPACE’. Such copies will only normally be issued at the end of a course.