Architecture, Environment & HousingHousing & Property
Advanced Diploma in Facility and Property Management
CEF Reimbursable Course (selected modules only)
- Study mode
- Start Date
- 02 Sep 2019 (Mon)
- 24 months
- Course Fee
- For 2019/2020 HK$5,400 per module
This programme aims to provide a structured course of study and comprehensive course of training with multi-exit points to suit the training needs of Facility and Property Management practitioners.
The aims of this programme are:
- to develop applied knowledge and skills in Facility Management for property management practitioners to effectively integrate users' and organizations' needs for physical assets; and
- to provide in-depth academic training with a balanced and comprehensive scope that forms a solid foundation for further career advancement in the Facility Management discipline; and
- to provide a part-time study programme as a bridging course that leads to a degree and/or professional qualification in Facility Management.
This programme will be taught in three trimesters each year, with 2 modules being taught in each trimester. Students will normally be required to undertake five trimesters of part-time study to be completed within 2 academic years. The maximum period of completion is 5 years.
The curriculum requires students to satisfactorily complete a total of 10 modules with a total number of 120 credits. An additional optinal module is provided for fulfilling the academic requirements for admission to the Corporate Member of HKIFM. The modules are divided into 5 major areas of study and are listed as follows:
|Areas of Study and Modules||Remarks|
|1. Professional Practice of Facility Management||Core|
|2. Facility Operation and Maintenance||Core|
|3. FM Technology and Information Systems||Core|
|4. Human Factor in Facility Management|
|5. Security and Crisis Management|
|III||MANAGEMENT OF PREMISES|
|6. Management of Non-domestic Premises|
|7. Club House and Recreational Facility Management|
|IV||RESOURCES AND ENVIRONMENT|
|8. Environment, Health and Safety|
|9. Project Management||CEF Course Code 21Z05165-2|
|10. Introduction to Legal Provisions and Mediation||CEF Course Code 21Z05166-0|
11. Research Project for Facility and Property Management
|Application Code||1745-HB002A||Apply Online Now|
|Apply Online Now|
1. ia) have gained in the HKDSE Examination Level 2 or above in 5 subjects, including Chinese Language and English Language; or
ib) have gained in the HKALE Grade E in one AL subject or two AS subjects; or
ic) have gained in the HKCEE Examination Grade E or above in 3 subjects PLUS Level 2 or Grade E or above in Chinese Language and English Language*;
iia) have 2 years of work experience in the field; or
iib) have completed a Specification of Competency Standards Based (SCS-based) programme at QF Level 3 in Property Management; or
iic) have possessed two Statements of Attainment in Property Management at QF Level 4 through Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL); .
2. hold the Certificate or Advanced Certificate in related field awarded within HKU system through HKU SPACE, or other recognized Certificates or Diplomas related to the field, plus 2 years of work experience in the field; or be members of facility management related professional bodies, for example, Hong Kong Institute of Facility Management (HKIFM), Hong Kong Institute of Housing (HKIH), Chartered Institute of Housing Asia Pacific Branch (CIH),etc.;
3. hold a bachelor’s degree awarded by a recognized university or equivalent plus at least 1 year work experience preferably in the related field;
Applicants who cannot satisfy the educational requirements specified above may be considered on individual merit provided that they have at least 5 years of relevant work experience in the field. They should also have an acceptable general educational background.
*With effect form 2007, HKU SPACE recognizes Grade E previously awarded for Chinese Language and English Language(Syllabus B), (Grade C in case of Syllabus A ) as an acceptable alternative to Level 2 in HKCEE.
HK$150 (non-refundable)Course Fee
- For 2019/2020 HK$5,400 per module
- The CEF Institution Code of HKU SPACE is 100
CEF SectorBusiness Services
|Project Management (Module from Advanced Diploma in Facility and Property Management programme)|
|COURSE CODE 21Z05165-2||FEES $5,400||ENQUIRY 2508-8823|
|Introduction to Legal Provisions and Mediation (Module from Advanced Diploma in Facility and Property Management programme)|
|COURSE CODE 21Z05166-0||FEES $5,400||ENQUIRY 2508-8823|
|Continuing Education Fund Reimbursable Course (selected modules only)
Some modules of this course have been included in the list of reimbursable courses under the Continuing Education Fund.
Upon completion of the programme, graduates are eligible to apply for (1) top-up programmes offered by HKU SPACE, and (2) Associate Membership of both the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) and the Hong Kong Institute of Facility Management (HKIFM).
Graduates of the Advanced Diploma taking an additional module of "Research Project for Facility and Property Management" are considered to be in fulfillment of the academic requirements for admission to the Corporate Member of HKIFM.
Online Application Apply Now
Application Form Application FormEnrolment Method
HKU SPACE provides 24-hour online application and payment service for students to make enrolment for most open admission courses (courses enrolled on first come, first served basis) and selected award-bearing programmes via the Internet. Applicants may settle the payment by using either PPS, VISA or Mastercard online.
Complete the online application form
Applicant may click the icon on the top right hand corner of the programme/course webpage to make online application, and then follow the instructions to fill in the online application form.
Some programmes/courses may be admitted by selection, and may require applicants to provide electronic copy of any required documents (e.g. proof of qualification) as indicated on the programme/course webpage. Only file format in doc, docx, jpg and pdf are supported.
Make Online Payment
Pay the programme/course fees by either using:
PPS via Internet - You will need a PPS account and a PPS Internet password. For information on how to open a PPS account and how to set up a PPS Internet password, please visit http://www.ppshk.com.
Credit Card Online Payment - Course fees can be paid by VISA or Mastercard including the “HKU SPACE Mastercard”.
To know more about online enrolment and payment, please refer to the user guide of Online Enrolment and Payment:
In Person / Mail
For first time enrolment
Applicants must provide all the required information on the application form and any additional information as required after the intial application assessment. Otherwise the School may not be able to process the admission/enrolment further.
- For first come, first served short courses, complete the Application for Enrolment Form SF26 and bring or post the completed form(s), together with the appropriate application/course fee(s) and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres.
- Award-bearing and professional courses may require other information. Forms are usually available at the enrolment centres or on request from programme staff. Bring or post the completed form(s), together with the appropriate application/course fee(s) and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres.
For continuing enrolment in the same course
In person or by post
- The standard ‘Enrolment/Payment Slip’ is designed for students of award-bearing programmes or remaining programmes in a suite of programmes requiring continuing enrolment and it applies to most programmes.
- Students should complete the “Enrolment/Payment Slip” which will be made available by relevant programme staff and return the slip to any HKU SPACE enrolment centre or post it to the relevant programme staff with appropriate fee payment.
If you are in doubt about the procedures, please check the individual course details, or contact our programme staff or enrolment centres.
Please note the followings for programme/course enrollment:
- Applicants should not leave the online application idle for more than 10 minutes. Otherwise, applicants must restart the application process.
- Only S-MILES and Early Bird Discount are supported in Online Applicants (Application). To enjoy other types of discount, please visit one of our enrolment centres.
- During the online application process, asynchronous application and payment submission may occur. Successful payment may not guarantee successful application. In case of unsuccessful submission, our programme staff will contact you shortly.
- Applicants are reminded that they should only apply for the same programme/course once through counter or online application.
- For online enrolment, payment confirmation page would be displayed after payment has been made successfully. In addition, a confirmation email would also be sent to your email account. You are advised to keep your payment confirmation for future enquiries.
- Fees paid are not refundable except as statutorily provided or under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment).
- If admission is by selection, the official receipt is not a guarantee that your application has been accepted. We will inform you of the result as soon as possible after the closing date for application. Unsuccessful applicants will be given a refund of programme/course fee if already paid.
The School provides a platform for online services for a selected range of products it offers. While every effort is made to ensure timeliness and accuracy of information contained in this website, such information and materials are provided "as is" without express or implied warranty of any kind. In particular, no warranty or assurance regarding non-infringement, security, accuracy, fitness for a purpose or freedom from computer viruses is given in connection with such information and materials.
The School (and its respective employees and subsidiaries) is not liable for any loss or damage in connection with any online payments made by you by reason of (i) any failure, delay, interruption, suspension or restriction of the transmission of any information or message from any payment gateways of the relevant banks and/or third party merchants for processing credit/debit/smart card or other payment facilitation mechanism; (ii) any negligence, mistake, error in or omission from any information or message transmitted from the said payment gateways; (iii) any breakdown, malfunction or failure of those gateways in effecting online payment service or (iv) anything arisen out of or in connection with the said payment gateways, including but not limited to unauthorised access to or alternation of the transmission of data or any unlawful act not permitted by the law.
1. Cash or EPS
Cash or EPS are accepted at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
2. Cheque or bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please write the programme title(s) and the applicant’s name on the back of the cheque. You may either:
- in person by submitting the payment, completed form(s), and required supporting documents to any of our enrolment centres; or
- by mailing the above documents to any of our enrolment centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope.
Course applicants, who are holders of HKU SPACE Mastercard, can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses of HK$2,000 and over. For enquiries, please contact our enrolment centres.
4. Online payment
Online payment for short courses (first come, first served) and selected award-bearing programmes is available using PPS, VISA or Mastercard. Please refer to the Online Services page on the School website.
- For general and short courses, applicants may be required to pay the course fee in cash or by EPS, Visa or Mastercard if the course is to start shortly.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, cheque or online PPS will be reimbursed by a cheque; fees paid by credit card will be reimbursed to credit card account used for payment.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme teams for details.
- Fees and places on courses are not transferrable. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on each approved transfer.
- HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment, receipt, or personal information sent by mail.
- For additional copies of receipts, please submit a completed form, a sufficiently stamped and self-addressed envelope, and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to ‘HKU SPACE’ to any of our enrolment centres. Such copies will normally be issued at the end of a course.