Technology, Aviation, Engineering & SciencesEngineering
Advanced Diploma in Product Design Engineering
CEF Reimbursable Course (selected modules only)
- Study mode
- Start Date
- To be advised
- 16 months
- English (Supplemented with Cantonese)
- Course Fee
- HK$33,800 per programme
This programme is positioned as a conversion training for students, who have no prior product design engineering knowledge, to acquire relevant concrete and comprehensive engineering knowledge and skills in order to facilitate them joining into the industry.
Programme modules are focused on three areas: Design Concept, Engineering Applications, and Product Planning & Project Management. Topics covered include product design concept, product manufacturability and production, and practical skills in computer aided design tools.
- Provide a good foundation of engineering knowledge and skills in order to facilitate graduates in joining the product design industry
- Introduce the concept of product design from idea generation to product production
- Equip students with the skills in computer-based design and modeling technology
- Equip students with project management skills
- Introduce the environmental protection concept during design phases
There are 11 modules, including six 30-hours and four 15-hours modules and one design project. They are:
- Engineering Design for Product (30 Hours Module)
- Applied Science and Engineering Technology (30 Hours Module)
- New Product Planning (15 Hours Module)
- 3D Product Design Technology (30 Hours Module)
- Materials for Product Manufacturing (30 Hours Module)
- Innovation for New Product Development (15 Hours Module)
- Design for Environment (30 Hours Module)
- 3D Printing Technology (30 Hours Module)
- Engineering Project Management (15 Hours Module)
- Advanced 3D Modeling Technology (15 Hours Module)
- Design Project
Class Commencement: Mid Jan 2019
Class Schedule: 2 weekdays, 7:00pm - 10:00pm and Sat, 2:00pm - 5:00pm
Class Venue: Fortress Tower Learning Centre (Fortress Hill) or Island East Campus (North Point)
- (a)(i) have gained 3 passes in HKCEE including Mathematics, PLUS Level 2 or above in Chinese Language and English Language, OR 5 passes in the pre 2007 HKCEE (including Chinese language, English Language* and Mathematics); AND
(ii) Have 3 years of engineering work experiences; OR
(b) (i) Have gained in the HKALE Grade E in 1 AL subject or 2 AS subjects; AND
(ii) Have 1 year of engineering work experiences; OR
(c) (i) have gained in the HKDSE Examination** Level 2 or above in 5 subjects including Chinese Language, English Language and Mathematics; AND
(ii) have 2 years of engineering work experiences
- Be aged 21 or above.
Applicants with other equivalent qualifications and relevant work experience will be considered.
* With effect from 2007, HKU SPACE recognises Grade E previously awarded for Chinese Language and English Language (Syllabus B) (Grade C in the case of English Language [Syllabus A]) in the HKCEE as an acceptable alternative to Level 2 in these 2 subjects in the HKCEE.
** Applicants are allowed to use not more than two Applied Learning (ApL) subjects in the application. The recognition of the ApL subjects is as follows:
-- "Attained with distinction" is deemed equivalent to Level 3 in the HKDSE examination; And
-- "Attained" is deemed equivalent to level 2 in the HKDSE examination.
HK$150 (non-refundable)Course Fee
- Course Fee : HK$33,800 per programme (1st installment: HK$19,650; 2nd installment: HK$14,150)
- The CEF Institution Code of HKU SPACE is 100
|Engineering Design for Product (Module from the Advanced Diploma in Product Design Engineering)|
|COURSE CODE 22Z08842-7||FEES $3,930||ENQUIRY 2587-3236|
|3D Product Design Technology (Module from the Advanced Diploma in Product Design Engineering)|
|COURSE CODE 22Z08843-5||FEES $3,930||ENQUIRY 2587-3236|
|Materials for Product Manufacturing (Module from the Advanced Diploma in Product Design Engineering)|
|COURSE CODE 22Z08844-3||FEES $3,930||ENQUIRY 2587-3236|
|Design for Environment (Module from the Advanced Diploma in Product Design Engineering)|
|COURSE CODE 22Z08845-1||FEES $3,930||ENQUIRY 2587-3236|
|Continuing Education Fund Reimbursable Course (selected modules only)
Some modules of this course have been included in the list of reimbursable courses under the Continuing Education Fund.
Application Form Download Application FormEnrolment Method
Applicants should submit following items in person to any HKU SPACE Enrollment Center:
- Completed enrollment form
- Application fee: $150 (Non-refundable)
- Proof of qualifications (1 copy) (Please also bring true copy for our verification)
* HKU SPACE reserves the right to cancel a course in case of insufficient enrollment or unforeseen difficulties arising from running the course.
1. Cash or EPS
Cash or EPS are accepted at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
2. Cheque or bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please write the programme title(s) and the applicant’s name on the back of the cheque. You may either:
- in person by submitting the payment, completed form(s), and required supporting documents to any of our enrolment centres; or
- by mailing the above documents to any of our enrolment centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope.
Course applicants, who are holders of HKU SPACE Mastercard, can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses of HK$2,000 and over. For enquiries, please contact our enrolment centres.
4. Online payment
Online payment for short courses (first come, first served) and selected award-bearing programmes is available using PPS, VISA or Mastercard. Please refer to the Online Services page on the School website.
- For general and short courses, applicants may be required to pay the course fee in cash or by EPS, Visa or Mastercard if the course is to start shortly.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, cheque or online PPS will be reimbursed by a cheque; fees paid by credit card will be reimbursed to credit card account used for payment.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme teams for details.
- Fees and places on courses are not transferrable. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on each approved transfer.
- HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment, receipt, or personal information sent by mail.
- For additional copies of receipts, please submit a completed form, a sufficiently stamped and self-addressed envelope, and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to ‘HKU SPACE’ to any of our enrolment centres. Such copies will normally be issued at the end of a course.