Technology, Engineering & SciencesEngineering
Advanced Diploma in Product Design Engineering
- Study mode
- Start Date
- 01 Nov 2018 (Thu)
- 16 months
- English (Supplemented with Cantonese)
- Course Fee
- HK$33,800 per programme
This programme is positioned as a conversion training for students, who have no prior product design engineering knowledge, to acquire relevant concrete and comprehensive engineering knowledge and skills in order to facilitate them joining into the industry.
Programme modules are focused on three areas: Design Concept, Engineering Applications, and Product Planning & Project Management. Topics covered include product design concept, product manufacturability and production, and practical skills in computer aided design tools.
- Provide a good foundation of engineering knowledge and skills in order to facilitate graduates in joining the product design industry
- Introduce the concept of product design from idea generation to product production
- Equip students with the skills in computer-based design and modeling technology
- Equip students with project management skills
- Introduce the environmental protection concept during design phases
There are 11 modules, including six 30-hours and four 15-hours modules and one design project. They are:
- Engineering Design for Product (30 Hours Module)
- Applied Science and Engineering Technology (30 Hours Module)
- New Product Planning (15 Hours Module)
- 3D Product Design Technology (30 Hours Module)
- Materials for Product Manufacturing (30 Hours Module)
- Innovation for New Product Development (15 Hours Module)
- Design for Environment (30 Hours Module)
- 3D Printing Technology (30 Hours Module)
- Engineering Project Management (15 Hours Module)
- Advanced 3D Modeling Technology (15 Hours Module)
- Design Project
Class Commencement: November 2018
Class Schedule: 2 weekdays, 7:00pm - 10:00pm and Sat, 2:00pm - 5:00pm
- (a)(i) have gained 3 passes in HKCEE including Mathematics, PLUS Level 2 or above in Chinese Language and English Language, OR 5 passes in the pre 2007 HKCEE (including Chinese language, English Language* and Mathematics); AND
(ii) Have 3 years of engineering work experiences; OR
(b) (i) Have gained in the HKALE Grade E in 1 AL subject or 2 AS subjects; AND
(ii) Have 1 year of engineering work experiences; OR
(c) (i) have gained in the HKDSE Examination** Level 2 or above in 5 subjects including Chinese Language, English Language and Mathematics; AND
(ii) have 2 years of engineering work experiences
- Be aged 21 or above.
Applicants with other equivalent qualifications and relevant work experience will be considered.
* With effect from 2007, HKU SPACE recognises Grade E previously awarded for Chinese Language and English Language (Syllabus B) (Grade C in the case of English Language [Syllabus A]) in the HKCEE as an acceptable alternative to Level 2 in these 2 subjects in the HKCEE.
** Applicants are allowed to use not more than two Applied Learning (ApL) subjects in the application. The recognition of the ApL subjects is as follows:
-- "Attained with distinction" is deemed equivalent to Level 3 in the HKDSE examination; And
-- "Attained" is deemed equivalent to level 2 in the HKDSE examination.
HK$150 (non-refundable)Course Fee
- Course Fee : HK$33,800 per programme (1st installment: HK$19,650; 2nd installment: HK$14,150)
- The CEF Institution Code of HKU SPACE is 100
|Engineering Design for Product (Module from the Advanced Diploma in Product Design Engineering)|
|COURSE CODE 22Z08842-7||FEES $3,930||ENQUIRY 2587-3236|
|3D Product Design Technology (Module from the Advanced Diploma in Product Design Engineering)|
|COURSE CODE 22Z08843-5||FEES $3,930||ENQUIRY 2587-3236|
|Materials for Product Manufacturing (Module from the Advanced Diploma in Product Design Engineering)|
|COURSE CODE 22Z08844-3||FEES $3,930||ENQUIRY 2587-3236|
|Design for Environment (Module from the Advanced Diploma in Product Design Engineering)|
|COURSE CODE 22Z08845-1||FEES $3,930||ENQUIRY 2587-3236|
|Continuing Education Fund reimbursable programme (selected modules only)
Some modules of this programme have been included in the list of CEF reimbursable programmes. Application for CEF has to be made before commencement of the modules.
Application Form Download Application FormEnrolment Method
Applicants should submit following items in person to any HKU SPACE Enrollment Center:
- Completed enrollment form
- Application fee: $150 (Non-refundable)
- Proof of qualifications (1 copy) (Please also bring true copy for our verification)
* HKU SPACE reserves the right to cancel a course in case of insufficient enrollment or unforeseen difficulties arising from running the course.
1. Cash or EPS
Course fees can be paid by cash or EPS at any HKU SPACE enrolment counters.
2. Cheque or bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please specify theprogramme title(s) for application and applicant’s name. You may either:
- bring the completed form(s), together with the appropriate course or application fees in the form of a cheque, and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres;
- or mail the above documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope. HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment sent by mail.
Applicants may also pay the course fee by VISA or MasterCard, including the “HKU SPACE MasterCard”, at anyHKU SPACE enrolment centres. Holders of the HKU SPACE MasterCard can enjoy a 10-month interest-freeinstalment period for courses with a tuition fee worth a minimum of HK$2,000; however, the course applicant must also be the cardholder himself/herself. For enquiries, please contact our staff at any enrolment centres.
4. Online payment
The course fees of all open admission courses (course enrolled on first come, first served basis) and selected award-bearing programmes can be settled by using PPS via the Internet. Applicants may also pay the relevant course fees by VISA or MasterCard online. Please refer to the Online Services page on the School website.
For general and short courses, applicants may be required to pay the course fee in cash or by EPS, Visa or MasterCard if the course is to start shortly.
Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, cheque or PPS (for online payment only) will normally be reimbursed by a cheque, and fees paid by credit card will normally be reimbursed to the payment cardholder’s credit card account.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme team for details.
- Fees and places on courses cannot be transferred from one applicant to another. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on approved transfers.
- Receipts will be issued for fees paid but HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of receipt sent by mail.
- For additional copies of receipts, please send a stamped, self-addressed envelope with a completed form and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to ‘HKU SPACE’. Such copies will only normally be issued at the end of a course.