Social Sciences Media & Communication
On completion of the programme, students should be able to
- Discuss the principles and practices of public relations and corporate communication, their importance and impacts on stakeholders and organizations;
- Create effective publicity materials for organizational and news media;
- Identify the media trends and skills to build up effective relations with the media;
- Examine the perspectives and scopes of work of contemporary community relations;
- Explain the concepts and practices of issues and crisis communication;
- Conduct a strategic planning process to develop effective programmes and campaigns through traditional and digital media for initiatives in media relations, community engagement and crisis communication.
Module Intended Learning Outcomes
* Course sequences may change due to lecturer's availability and other reasons.
Students who have successfully completed module 1 to module 8 will be awarded "Advanced Diploma in Public Relations and Corporate Communication" within the HKU system through HKU SPACE.
In principle on Mondays and Saturdays. Classes may be run on other weekdays occasionally for make-up classes.
Monday 6:45-9:45 p.m. and Saturday 10:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
Learning Centres on Hong Kong side
Fee & Entry Requirements
HK$150 (Non-refundable)Course Fee
- Course Fee : HK$28,840 per programme
1. a) have gained in the HKDSE Examination Level 2 in 5 subjects including English Language and Chinese Language; or
b) have gained in the HKCEE Grade E in 3 subjects and Level 2 in Chinese Language and English Language*; or
c) have gained in HKALE Grade E in one AL subject or two AS subjects
2. possess 5 years of work experience
*With effect from 2007, HKU SPACE recognises Grade E previously awarded for Chinese Language and English Language (Syllabus B) (Grade C in the case of English Language (Syllabus A)) at HKCEE as an acceptable alternative to Level 2 in these two subjects at HKCEE.
Applicants with other equivalent qualifications and relevant work experience will be considered on individual merit.
- The CEF Institution Code of HKU SPACE is 100
|Advanced Diploma in Public Relations and Corporate Communication
|COURSE CODE 40F134580
|Continuing Education Fund
This course has been included in the list of reimbursable courses under the Continuing Education Fund.
Advanced Diploma in Public Relations and Corporate Communication
Application Form Download Application FormEnrolment Method
Applicants should submit the filled HKU SPACE application form (SF26) with:
- copies of academic qualifications;
- 500-word personal statement (outlining your education, training and working experience and saying how you think will benefit from the programme);
- copy of HKID card/passport;
- a crossed cheque for $150 application fee (non-refundable) made payable to "HKU SPACE".
- In Person
To any of our enrolment centres (https://hkuspace.hku.hk/learning-centre); or
- By Post
Mail to Ms Cherry Chow at Room 1109, Fortress Tower, 250 King's Road, North Point, Hong Kong, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope.
1. Cash or EPS
Cash or EPS are accepted at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
2. Cheque or bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please write the programme title(s) and the applicant’s name on the back of the cheque.
Course applicants, who are alumni and holders of HKU SPACE Mastercard, may enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses of HK$2,000 and over. For enquiries, please contact our enrolment centres.
- For general and short courses, applicants may be required to pay the course fee in cash or by EPS, Visa or Mastercard if the course is to start shortly.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, cheque or online PPS will be reimbursed by a cheque; fees paid by credit card will be reimbursed to credit card account used for payment.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme teams for details.
- Fees and places on courses are not transferrable. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on each approved transfer.
- HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment, receipt, or personal information sent by mail.
- For additional copies of receipts, please submit a completed form, a sufficiently stamped and self-addressed envelope, and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to ‘HKU SPACE’ to any of our enrolment centres. Such copies will normally be issued at the end of a course.
- More Programmes of
- Media & Communication