BusinessAccounting and Corporate Governance
AIA Professional Examinations Preparatory Programme: Paper 14-Financial Management
- Course Code
- Financial assistance
- Study mode
- Start Date
- To be advised
- Next intake(s)
- 9 weeks
- Cantonese (Lecture notes in English)
HKU SPACE offers comprehensive exam preparatory courses for the Professional Examinations of the Association of International Accountants in May 2017.
Tutor Support: Student can obtain full support from your tutor by email.
Study Room: Available to students at various Learning Centres of HKU SPACE.
Interest-free instalment payment: Holders of the HKU SPACE MasterCard can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for enrolment over HK$2,000.
Mr. Albert Poon is a qualified accountant with over 25 years solid experience in accounting and finance areas. He held senior positions in HK listed companies and the SFC licenced corporations. Also, he was a workshop facilitator and exam marker for HKICPA.
Mr. Albert Poon holds a Bachelor degree with first class honors in accounting, and a Master degree in Business Administration.
Mr. Albert Poon has been teaching professional accounting examination courses and postgraduate diploma courses in various tertiary institutions for more than 20 years.
Students must check with AIA (Tel: 2845 4982, http://www.aiaworldwide.com/) to confirm that they are eligible to take the examinations.
Students are required to buy study manual (AIA e-book) from AIA http://aiaworldwide.com/e-books in order to take the AIA Professional Examinations.
Special attention will be paid to past examination questions and examination techniques.
A detailed timetable will be emailed to students before class commences. If not, please email to email@example.com
All courses are subject to sufficient enrolment. HKU SPACE reserves the right to make changes, when necessary.Days / Time
- 9 meetings of 33 hours
- Mr. Albert Poon
Applications will be accepted on a first come, first served basis. Online enrolment is preferred.
- HK$2,650 (Course fee does not include textbooks. However, lecture notes will be provided.)
- The CEF Institution Code of HKU SPACE is 100
CEF SectorFinancial Services
|AIA Professional Examinations Preparatory Programme: Paper 14-Financial Management
|COURSE CODE 23Z04244-6||FEES $2,650||ENQUIRY 2867-8474|
Continuing Education Fund
To be eligible to claim CEF, students must:
1) achieve a Pass Grade in either of the following assessments:
. a) both assignment 1 and assignment 2; or
. b) a mock examination (the completed paper must be returned to the course tutor for marking before last lecture of the course);
2) attend at least 80% of total lecture hours.
|Continuing Education Fund
This programme has been included in the list of CEF reimbursable programmes. Application for CEF has to be made before commencement of the programme.
Application Form Application FormEnrolment Method
We provide online application and payment service for students to make enrolment via the Internet. Enrolment will be confirmed once students have made the payment online by using either PPS or credit card.
For first-come, first-served courses:
- Complete the online application form
Click the "Apply Now" button on the top right hand corner of the course webpage to make online application. Follow the instructions to fill-in the online application form.
- Make Online Payment
Pay the course fees by either using
PPS via Internet - You will need a PPS account and a PPS Internet password. For information on how to open a PPS account and how to set up a PPS Internet password, please visit http://www.ppshk.com.
Credit Card Online Payment - Course fees can be paid by VISA or MasterCard via a secure online payment gateway for all first-come, first-served courses.
For award-bearing programmes:
Selected award-bearing programmes also provide online enrolment and payment service for its students.
If your programme accepts online enrolment and payment, a re-enrolment icon will be shown on the course webpage. Click the icon and follow the instructions to perform online enrolment and payment. You will receive relevant information from the programme team nearer the time of enrolment.
You may click here directly to access the online enrolment and payment service.
Please note the followings:
- Admission is on a first-come, first-served basis. Enrolment will be confirmed once you have made the payment online. You will receive a payment confirmation after payment has been made successfully. You are advised to keep your payment confirmation for future enquiries.
- Fees paid are not refundable except as statutorily provided or under very exceptional circumstances.
The School provides a platform for online services for a selected range of products it offers. While every effort is made to ensure timeliness and accuracy of information contained in this website, such information and materials are provided "as is" without express or implied warranty of any kind. In particular, no warranty or assurance regarding non-infringement, security, accuracy, fitness for a purpose or freedom from computer viruses is given in connection with such information and materials.
The School (and its respective employees and subsidiaries) is not liable for any loss or damage in connection with any online payments made by you by reason of (i) any failure, delay, interruption, suspension or restriction of the transmission of any information or message from any payment gateways of the relevant banks and/or third party merchants for processing credit/debit/smart card or other payment facilitation mechanism; (ii) any negligence, mistake, error in or omission from any information or message transmitted from the said payment gateways; (iii) any breakdown, malfunction or failure of those gateways in effecting online payment service or (iv) anything arisen out of or in connection with the said payment gateways, including but not limited to unauthorised access to or alternation of the transmission of data or any unlawful act not permitted by the law.
1. Cash or EPS
Course fees can be paid by cash or EPS at any HKU SPACE enrolment counters.
2. Cheque or bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please specify theprogramme title(s) for application and applicant’s name. You may either:
- bring the completed form(s), together with the appropriate course or application fees in the form of a cheque, and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres;
- or mail the above documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope. HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment sent by mail.
Applicants may also pay the course fee by VISA or MasterCard, including the “HKU SPACE MasterCard”, at anyHKU SPACE enrolment centres. Holders of the HKU SPACE MasterCard can enjoy a 10-month interest-freeinstalment period for courses with a tuition fee worth a minimum of HK$2,000; however, the course applicant must also be the cardholder himself/herself. For enquiries, please contact our staff at any enrolment centres.
4. Online payment
The course fees of all open admission courses (course enrolled on first come, first served basis) and selected award-bearing programmes can be settled by using PPS via the Internet. Applicants may also pay the relevant course fees by VISA or MasterCard online. Please refer to the Online Services page on the School website.
For general and short courses, applicants may be required to pay the course fee in cash or by EPS, Visa or MasterCard if the course is to start shortly.
Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, cheque or PPS (for online payment only) will normally be reimbursed by a cheque, and fees paid by credit card will normally be reimbursed to the payment cardholder’s credit card account.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme team for details.
- Fees and places on courses cannot be transferred from one applicant to another. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on approved transfers.
- Receipts will be issued for fees paid but HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of receipt sent by mail.
- For additional copies of receipts, please send a stamped, self-addressed envelope with a completed form and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to ‘HKU SPACE’. Such copies will only normally be issued at the end of a course.
- More Programmes of
- Accounting and Corporate Governance