Technology, Engineering & SciencesAviation Studies
Becoming an Aircraft Pilot
- Course Code
- Application Code
- Study mode
- Start Date
- To be advised
- 7 days
- English supplemented with Cantonese
- Course Fee
This course is designed to teach students, who have passion in flying and the aviation industry, the basic knowledge of general aviation and skills of aircraft control. Students will be taught from a beginner’s perspective the theory of flight, the aviation terminology and the occupational competence requirements of a commercial aircraft pilot. The course would put theory into practice through practical exercise with professional flight simulation equipment.
The course consists of 21 contact hours including 12 hours of lecture, 6 hours of flight simulation practice and 3 hours of workshop on aircraft pilot mock up interview. The Learning contents include:
-- General Aviation Terminology
-- Theory of Flight
-- Basic aircraft navigation
Flight simulation practice:
-- Aircraft familiarization
-- Pre-flight aircraft & instrument checks
-- Practices on take-off, climb, straight and level flight and turns
Mock up workshop:
-- Introduction of the occupational requirements of commercial aircraft pilot
-- Mock up test on aircraft pilot career personality
-- Mock Up interview practice
- English course materials will be used.
- Students will be issued a “Statement of Attendance” achieving at least 70% of class attendance.
|Start Date||17 Jul 2017 (Mon)|
- Mon, Wed & Fri
17, 19, 21, 24, 26, 28 & 31 July 2017 (7 lessons)
2:00 - 5:00 pm
Fortress Tower Learning Centre
Room 1402, 14/F (17, 19, 21, 24 & 31 July), Room 401, 4/F (26 & 28 July)
Applicants should be aged 15 or above.
- Course Fee : HK$4200
a) complete the enrolment form and enroll in the course(s)
(i) at the Enrolment Centres of HKU SPACE (please refer to the ‘Enrolment Centre’ section) by cash, EPS, cheque/bank draft or credit cards (VISA / MasterCard);
(ii) by mail with cheque/bank draft to ‘HKU SPACE Summer School Office, 11/F, 250 King’s Road, Hong Kong;
Cheque/Bank draft should be made payable to ‘HKU SPACE’ with applicant’s name and course(s) applied written on the back. A photo of the applicant (in plain colour background, 45mm(W) x 55mm(H)) is also required.
b) apply through the School’s online enrolment system and pay by credit card or PPS.
If you are applying for more than one course, please check to ensure that there is no clash of class schedules before submitting your application.
- Fees and places on courses cannot be transferred from one applicant to another. Once accepted to a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on approved transfers.
- Receipts will be issued for fees paid but HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of receipt sent by mail.
- Receipts will only be issued once. For additional copies of proof of payments, please send a stamped, self-addressed envelope with a completed form and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to ‘HKU SPACE’. Such copies will only normally be issued at the end of a course.
For details of admission, information for students, enrolment centres and other information related to HKU SPACE Summer School, please visit our Summer School webpage.
- More Programmes of
- Aviation Studies