Accounting & FinanceFinance and Compliance
Bridging Course for the Enhanced Competency Framework on Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Financing of Terrorism Professional Level
- Course Code
- Application Code
- Study mode
- Start Date
- 22 Feb 2020 (Sat)
- Next intake(s)
- March 2020
- 6 hours
- Course Fee
The programme aims to serve as a bridging course for relevant banking practitioners who would be exempted from the ECF on AML/ CFT of the HKMA with their professional qualifications at relevant professional bodies.
Learners would be equipped with the analytical skills in Hong Kong regulatory framework, application of the risk-based approach, AML/CFT risks in specialist areas and financial inclusion in the banking context.
Upon completion of the bridging course and fulfilling the following requirements, Relevant Practitioners may submit their application of certification to The Hong Kong Institute of Bankers (HKIB) for the Associate AML Professional ( AAMLP ) or Certified AML Professional (CAMLP):
(a) Associate AML Professional ( AAMLP ) – A Relevant Practitioner may apply to the HKIB for the professional certification if he or she has completed the bridging training programme and have less than 3 years of work experience in AML/CFT compliance.
(b) Certified AML Professional (CAMLP) – A Relevant Practitioner may apply to the HKIB for a professional certification if he or she has completed the bridging training and have at least 3 years of work experience in AML/CFT compliance.
Please visit the HKIB website (https://www.hkib.org/page/83) for further information on certification arrangements.
On completion of the programme, students should be able to
- Analyze the compliance risk of different operations by apply a risk-based approach and take current and emerging AML/CFT trends, regulatory requirements, techniques and typologies into account;
- Manage and investigate incidents of non-compliance and develop mitigation strategies to minimize the impacts of breaches of regulations;
- Facilitate financial inclusion and balance the interests of internal and external stakeholders in the bank’s AML/CFT framework.
The programme can be completed in 2 weeks. The total number of contact hours is 6 for the entire course. The major syllabus is presented as follows:
- Overview of Hong Kong AML/CFT regulatory framework and International AML/CFT regime
- Application of the risk-based approach
- Customer due diligence in the cross-border context
- The risk-based approach and AML/CFT risks in specialist areas
- Trade-based money laundering and tax/ fiscal risk
- Ensuring financial inclusion
- Key drivers for de-risking
Statement of Achievement for this bridging course will be awarded within the HKU System through HKU SPACE to those who have successfully completed the course.
- A student must be registered on this programme.
- A student must have paid all due fees and amounts to HKU SPACE.
- A student must have been examined in all the prescribed course work.
- A student must have achieved Pass grades.
- Students should meet the following Attendance Requirement:
- The minimum class attendance requirement is 70%.
- Attend the whole programme session.
- Participants will not be given attendance record if they are late and/ or absent from the programme session for more than 15 minutes.
- Attendance for the entire programme is signified by the sign-in and sign-out records on the attendance form.
- A student must have complied with the Regulations and its amendments made from time to time.
february 2020 Schedule - new
Lecture Date Time
1 22/02/2019 (Sat) 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM, 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM
JANUAY 2020 Schedule
Lecture Date Time
1 18/01/2019 (Sat) 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM, 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Location: HKU SPACE learning center in Hong Kong Island
Applicants shall hold the Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist certification or the International Diploma in AML awarded by the Association of Certified Anti-money Laundering Specialists and the International Compliance Association respectively.
- Course Fee : HKD$1,500
- HKD$500 (Study Guides Fee (optional) Students can purchase a set of ECF on AML/CFT (Core & Professional Levels) study guides at the HKIB office or by courier service.)
Application Form Application FormPayment Method
1. CHEQUE OR BANK DRAFT
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please specify the programme title(s) for application and applicant’s name. You may either:
- bring the completed form(s), together with the appropriate course or application fees in the form of a cheque, and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres;
- or mail the above documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope. HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment sent by mail.
Applicants may also pay the course fee by VISA or Mastercard, including the “HKU SPACE Mastercard”, at anyHKU SPACE enrolment centres. Holders of the HKU SPACE Mastercard can enjoy a 10-month interest-freeinstalment period for courses with a tuition fee worth a minimum of HK$2,000; however, the course applicant must also be the cardholder himself/herself. For enquiries, please contact our staff at any enrolment centres.
Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, cheque or PPS (for online payment only) will normally be reimbursed by a cheque, and fees paid by credit card will normally be reimbursed to the payment cardholder’s credit card account.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme team for details.
- Fees and places on courses cannot be transferred from one applicant to another. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on approved transfers.
- Receipts will be issued for fees paid but HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of receipt sent by mail.
- For additional copies of receipts, please send a stamped, self-addressed envelope with a completed form and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to ‘HKU SPACE’. Such copies will only normally be issued at the end of a course.