BusinessManagement & Human Capital Leadership
Bachelor of Science (Honours) Business Management
- Awarded by
University of Plymouth, UK
- Course Code
- Application Code
- QF Level
- Study mode
- Start Date
- 06 Apr 2018 (Fri)
- 1.5 years to 2 years
A part-time top-up degree programme aims to ensure that students will develop a broad understanding of the complex, diverse and dynamic business environment for management. The programme curriculum is both international and practical in it contents. Students will acquire management skills as well as intellectual capability that enable them to perform effectively as a practicing manager. Thus, enhances their employability and facilitate career management.
The top-up degree programme consists of 9 modules. Each module comprises 20 credits and 45 lecture hours.
|Module Title||Credit||Fee (HKD)|
|1.||Current Issues in Management||20||$13,300|
|3.||Strategic Management: Theory and Practice||20||$13,300|
|5.||Project (Management Report – Qualitative Methods)||20||$13,300|
|6.||Project (Management Report – Quantitative Methods)||20||$13,300|
|7.||Enterprise and Innovation||20||$4,800|
The duration for the programme: minimum 18 months.
It is compulsory for students to attend the induction sessions, which comprise of an introduction session and a 12-hour Academic English Workshop plus a 1-hour test.
(The sequence of the modules is subject to change in accordance to Plymouth University Policy)
(The module fees are subject to change without prior notice)Duration
- 3 modules per term; 3 terms to complete
• 2 terms per year
• Term starts in March, September
This is an exempted course under the Non-local Higher and Professional Education (Regulation) Ordinance. It is a matter of discretion for individual employers to recognize any qualification to which this course may lead.
A. I. Hold a recognized Advanced Diploma or Higher Diploma/Associate Degree
in a business-related discipline awarded within the HKU system through
II. a) Hold a recognized Advanced Diploma or Higher Diploma/Associate
Degree in a business-related discipline awarded by a recognized
b) Provide evidence of English proficiency, such as
- HKCEE English Language at Level 2; or
- HKCEE English Language (Syllabus B) at Grade E (Grade C in the case of English Language (Syllabus A)); or
- HKDSE Examination English Language at Level 2; or
- an overall band of 6.0 in the IELTS; or
- a score of 500 in the paper-based TOEFL or a score of 173 in the computer-based and a score of 4.5 in the Test of Written English
B. Preferably have 2 years' full-time work experience or 4 years' part-time work experience.
Mature students (according to University of Plymouth regulation) and applicants with other equivalent qualifications will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Applicants who do not have a business-related academic qualification may be required to take additional module(s) on a case-by-case basis before the start of the programme.
Application Form Application FormEnrolment Method
- A non-refundable $200 application fee;
- Photostat copies of Hong Kong Identity Card;
- Photocopies of all relevant educational qualifications and workproof;
- Original certificates and transcripts of relevant qualifications, which are needed for certification by HKU SPACE;
- One passport photograph.
1. Cash or EPS
Course fees can be paid by cash or EPS at any HKU SPACE enrolment counters.
2. Cheque or bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please specify theprogramme title(s) for application and applicant’s name. You may either:
- bring the completed form(s), together with the appropriate course or application fees in the form of a cheque, and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres;
- or mail the above documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope. HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment sent by mail.
Applicants may also pay the course fee by VISA or MasterCard, including the “HKU SPACE MasterCard”, at anyHKU SPACE enrolment centres. Holders of the HKU SPACE MasterCard can enjoy a 10-month interest-freeinstalment period for courses with a tuition fee worth a minimum of HK$2,000; however, the course applicant must also be the cardholder himself/herself. For enquiries, please contact our staff at any enrolment centres.
4. Online payment
The course fees of all open admission courses (course enrolled on first come, first served basis) and selected award-bearing programmes can be settled by using PPS via the Internet. Applicants may also pay the relevant course fees by VISA or MasterCard online. Please refer to the Online Services page on the School website.
For general and short courses, applicants may be required to pay the course fee in cash or by EPS, Visa or MasterCard if the course is to start shortly.
Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, cheque or PPS (for online payment only) will normally be reimbursed by a cheque, and fees paid by credit card will normally be reimbursed to the payment cardholder’s credit card account.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme team for details.
- Fees and places on courses cannot be transferred from one applicant to another. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on approved transfers.
- Receipts will be issued for fees paid but HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of receipt sent by mail.
- For additional copies of receipts, please send a stamped, self-addressed envelope with a completed form and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to ‘HKU SPACE’. Such copies will only normally be issued at the end of a course.