Accounting & FinanceCorporate Governance
Certificate for Module (The Hong Kong Institute of Chartered Secretaries Examinations Preparatory Programme - Corporate Secretaryship)
CEF Reimbursable Course (selected modules only)
- Study mode
- Start Date
- To be advised
- Next intake(s)
- February 2020
- 3 months
- English, supplemented with Cantonese if necessary
- Course Fee
This programme is endorsed by the Hong Kong Institute of Chartered Secretaries (HKICS). The aim of the module is to specify and assess the essential knowledge and skills involved in taking overall responsibility for the corporate secretarial function in small, medium and, large scale organizations and listed companies and to prepare candidates to write the professional examinations of the International Qualifying Scheme, which is recognized worldwide. It is the students' responsibility to determine whether they are eligible to participate in the IQS examination.
- The Company Secretary, the Board, and the Members
- Corporate Compliance
- Law and practice of meetings
- General meetings
- Dormant Companies: procedures and exemptions
- Liquidation and deregistration
- Non Hong Kong Companies
- Offshore Companies
- Disclosure of Interests
- Insider Dealing
- Amalgamation, reconstruction and takeovers
- Registration of charges
- Receivership and liquidation
- Examination Technique
* For details regarding the course / examination syllabus, schedule and studentship requirement, please refer to http://www.hkics.org.hk/index.php?_room=6#CorporateSecretaryship or 2881 6177.
The passing mark for course assessment is 50. Students who have successfully fulfilled the course assessments (i.e. passed the assignment AND take home mock examination PLUS attended at least 70% of the classes) will be awarded a "Certificate for Module (The Hong Kong Institute of Chartered Secretaries Examinations Preparatory Programme – Corporate Secretaryship)".
*Assessment methods, class schedule, venue and teacher are subject to change without prior notice
|Start Date||2 September 2019 (Monday)|
|Start Date||3 September 2019 (Tuesday)|
Days / Time
- Monday, 7:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m. (Class A)
- Tuesday, 7:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m. (Class B)
- 36 hours per module
- 12 session(s)
- 3 hours per session
- Any of the HKU SPACE’s Learning Centres in Hong Kong Island
- Mr Francis Yuen
- Any interested party of 21 years old or above
- Student should be either a Hong Kong citizen or have valid permit to study in Hong Kong
- Course Fee : HK$4,050 (non-refundable and study materials included )
- ( *Course Fees are subject to change without prior notice)
- The CEF Institution Code of HKU SPACE is 100
|Certificate for Module (The Hong Kong Institute of Chartered Secretaries Examinations Preparatory Programme – Corporate Secretaryship)|
|COURSE CODE 21Z04471-0||FEES $4,050||ENQUIRY 2867-8317|
Continuing Education Fund
Assessment and Completion Requirements
To be eligible to claim CEF Reimbursement, students MUST successfully complete the courses (i.e. passed the assignment AND take home mock examination PLUS attended at least 70% of the classes).
For Continuing Education Fund (CEF) application procedures, please click here.
|Continuing Education Fund Reimbursable Course (selected modules only)
Some modules of this course have been included in the list of reimbursable courses under the Continuing Education Fund.
Cert for Module (The HKICS Examinations Preparatory Programme - Corporate Secretaryship)
Application Form Application FormEnrolment Method
Please click here to apply online.
1. Cash or EPS
Cash or EPS are accepted at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
2. Cheque or bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please write the programme title(s) and the applicant’s name on the back of the cheque. You may either:
- in person by submitting the payment, completed form(s), and required supporting documents to any of our enrolment centres; or
- by mailing the above documents to any of our enrolment centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope.
Course applicants, who are holders of HKU SPACE Mastercard, can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses of HK$2,000 and over. For enquiries, please contact our enrolment centres.
4. Online payment
Online payment for short courses (first come, first served) and selected award-bearing programmes is available using PPS, VISA or Mastercard. Please refer to the Online Services page on the School website.
- For general and short courses, applicants may be required to pay the course fee in cash or by EPS, Visa or Mastercard if the course is to start shortly.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, cheque or online PPS will be reimbursed by a cheque; fees paid by credit card will be reimbursed to credit card account used for payment.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme teams for details.
- Fees and places on courses are not transferrable. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on each approved transfer.
- HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment, receipt, or personal information sent by mail.
- For additional copies of receipts, please submit a completed form, a sufficiently stamped and self-addressed envelope, and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to ‘HKU SPACE’ to any of our enrolment centres. Such copies will normally be issued at the end of a course.
- More Programmes of
- Corporate Governance