Life & Health SciencesPharmaceutical Studies
Certificate in Fundamentals of Regenerative Medicine (Pharmacology and Pharmaceutical Management)
CEF Reimbursable Course
- Study mode
- Start Date
- 28 Feb 2020 (Fri)
- 10 months
- English, Supplemented with Cantonese
- Course Fee
As regenerative medicine technologies are developing rapidly over the past few years, the term “Regenerative Medicine” appears very often in the public media. It calls the public attention to the usage, safety, and business opportunities of regenerative medicine in science and in medical areas.
The Hong Kong Innovation and Technology Bureau encourages local tertiary institutions to conduct more research projects in future on regenerative medicine. Accordingly, there is a market need of nurturing students the basic knowledge of regenerative medicine, especially in regenerative pharmacology in order to open up their career opportunities in regenerative medicine business in the future.
The programme aims to provide the students with the basic knowledge of regenerative medicine in pharmacology and pharmaceutical management so as to enable them to work in the field of regenerative medicine.
Programme Intended Learning Outcomes
On completion of the programme, students should be able to:
1. outline the basic principles of regenerative medicine in pharmacology;
2. discuss the key issues of pharmaceutical management in regenerative medicine in different regions with different scenarios;
3. discuss the use of regenerative medicine techniques in accordance with the international guidelines on regenerative medicine in pharmacology and pharmaceutical management;
4. carry out regenerative medicine projects and activities in different regions with different scenarios under the supervision of healthcare professionals.
This programme consists of two modules:
Module 1: Basic Regenerative Medicine in Pharmacology (50 Hours)
- Introduction to Regenerative Medicine in Pharmacology
- Basic Anatomy and Physiology
- Basic Cell Biology and Molecular Genetics
- Introduction to the Mechanisms of Vertebrate Regeneration
- Basic Knowledge of Tissue Repair
- Approaches to the Study of Regeneration
- Overview of the Strategies of Regenerative Medicine in Pharmacology
- Applications of Regenerative Medicine in Pharmacology
Module 2: Pharmaceutical Management in Regenerative Medicine (50 hours)
- Ethical Considerations on the Research and Business
- Overview of the Regulatory and Intellectual Property Considerations for Regenerative Medicine in US, UK, EU, China, Taiwan and Hong Kong
- Introduction to Regenerative Medicine Markets and Businesses
- Challenges in Biologics Production in the Vaccine Industry
- Basic Concepts of Pricing and Reimbursement of Regenerative Medicines
- Introduction to Financing Strategies for Regenerative Medicine
- Basic Understanding of Strategic Alliances, Mergers and Acquisitions in Regenerative Medicine
- Overview of Patient Advocacy in Regenerative Medicines
- Deployment of Regenerative Medicine Technology in Pharmaceutical and Healthcare Industries
- Future Applications of Regenerative Medicine in Pharmacology
- Case Studies
Each module will have an assignment, a test and a written examination.
Applicants shall have attained:
1. a Certificate in a related discipline; OR
2. HKDSE Examination Level 2 or above in five subjects including English Language and one of the following science subjects: Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Combined Science, or Integrated Science; OR
3. HKCEE Level 2 / Grade E or above in English Language and FOUR passes in other subjects including one of the following science subjects: Biology, Chemistry, Physics, or Science and Technology; OR
4. equivalent qualifications.
Applicants who hold other qualifications, aged 21 or above and have relevant work experience will be considered on an individual basis.
HK$150 (Non-refundable)Course Fee
- Course Fee : HK$12000
- The CEF Institution Code of HKU SPACE is 100
CEF SectorNo Sector
|Certificate in Fundamentals of Regenerative Medicine (Pharmacology and Pharmaceutical Management)
|COURSE CODE 41C103997||FEES $12,000||ENQUIRY 3762-0081|
|Continuing Education Fund
This course has been included in the list of reimbursable courses under the Continuing Education Fund.
Application Form Download Application FormEnrolment Method
The completed application form with the relevant documents and application fee $150 should be submitted by the following methods on or before the deadline:
- by mailing to Pharmaceutical Studies, 13/F, Fortress Tower, 250 King's Road, North Point, Hong Kong (Attention to: Ms Mandy Chan)
- in person at any of the HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres
Each application must be accompanied by the photocopied documents below:
1. Academic certificates and transcripts
2. HKID card or passport
Applicants will be asked to present HKID or passport for vertification if applying in person at enrolment counters or to attach a copy of HKID or passport if applying by post.
1. Cash or EPS
Course fees can be paid by cash or EPS at any HKU SPACE enrolment counters.
2. Cheque or bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please specify the programme title(s) for application and applicant’s name. You may either:
- bring the completed form(s), together with the appropriate course or application fees in the form of a cheque, and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres;
- or mail the above documents to Pharmaceutical Studies, 13/F, Fortress Tower, 250 King's Road, North Point, Hong Kong (Attention to: Ms Mandy Chan). HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment sent by mail.
Applicants may also pay the course fee by VISA or MasterCard, including the “HKU SPACE MasterCard”, at anyHKU SPACE enrolment centres. Holders of the HKU SPACE MasterCard can enjoy a 10-month interest-freeinstalment period for courses with a tuition fee worth a minimum of HK$2,000; however, the course applicant must also be the cardholder himself/herself. For enquiries, please contact our staff at any enrolment centres.
For general and short courses, applicants may be required to pay the course fee in cash or by EPS, Visa or MasterCard if the course is to start shortly.
Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, cheque or PPS (for online payment only) will normally be reimbursed by a cheque, and fees paid by credit card will normally be reimbursed to the payment cardholder’s credit card account.
In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme team for details.
Fees and places on courses cannot be transferred from one applicant to another. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on approved transfers.
Receipts will be issued for fees paid but HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of receipt sent by mail.
For additional copies of receipts, please send a stamped, self-addressed envelope with a completed form and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to ‘HKU SPACE’. Such copies will only normally be issued at the end of a course
- More Programmes of
- Pharmaceutical Studies