Business & ManagementSupply Chain and Logistics Management
Certificate in Shipping and Logistics
CEF Reimbursable Course
- Study mode
- Start Date
- 15 Sep 2020 (Tue)
- 8 months
- English supplemented with Cantonese (Handouts and examinations are in English.)
- Course Fee
1. Cold Chain Logistics: Temperature control in air freight, sea freight and land transport;
2. Digitalization: Automated smart warehousing, block chain, A.I. & Robotics, IOT (Internet of Things), etc
1. 冷鏈物流: 空運、海運和陸運的溫度控制，貨物在指定溫度下運送以確保新鮮安全
2. 數位化: 自動智慧倉儲、區塊鏈、A.I.及機械人應用、物聯網等等
The programme is offered in collaboration with Hong Kong Shippers' Council. It provides a comprehensive training in various aspects of shipping and logistics which suit the training needs of practitioners in the field and trainees who need to acquire a wide range of basic knowledge within a short period.
This programme also serves as a bridging course for the Professional Diploma programmes in Logistics. Upon the completion of the Professional Diploma in Logistics, students can further study in below Supply Chain and Logistics top-up degree programmes of University of Plymouth, UK.
A wide range of topics, including Dangerous Goods Cargo Handling, Cargo Insurance, Logistics Strategy, Planning and Practices, Procurement and Supply Chain Management, Logistics Costing, E-Commerce and E-Shipping, Law Relating to Trade, etc. are covered in two modules. A visit to one of the leading companies in the field will be arranged. Assessment is based on two examinations, a written report on the visit and an in-class quiz.
|Application Code||1845-TP004A||Apply Online Now|
|Apply Online Now|
Days / Time
- Tuesday, 7:00pm - 10:00pm
Applicants shall have:
- gained in the HKDSE Examination Level 2 in 5 subjects including English Language; or
- gained 4 passes in the HKCEE plus Level 2* in English Language; or
- one year of relevant work experience at supervisory level in shipping and logistics industry; or
- completed Secondary 5 or Secondary 6 with employer’s recommendation endorsed by the Hong Kong Shippers’ Council; or
- attained a RPL (Logistics) qualification of minimum 30 credits at QF Level 2 or above.
Applicants with other equivalent qualifications and relevant work experience will be considered on individual merit.
* With effect from 2007, HKU SPACE recognizes Grade E previously awarded for Chinese Language and English Language (Syllabus B) (Grade C in the case of English Language (Syllabus A)) at HKCEE as an alternative to Level 2 in these two subjects at HKCEE.
HK$150 (Non-refundable)Course Fee
- Course Fee : HK$8,700 (for non-member)
- Professional Body Rate : HK$8,200 (for the following organizations are members of the Hong Kong Shippers’ Council: 1. The Chinese General Chamber of Commerce, Hong Kong 2. The Chinese Manufacturers’ Association of Hong Kong 3. The Federation of Hong Kong Garment Manufacturers 4. The Federation of Hong Kong Industries 5. Hong Kong Association of Freight Forwarding & Logistics Ltd 6. Hong Kong Exporters’ Association 7. Hong Kong Garment Manufacturers Association Ltd 8. The Hong Kong General Chamber of Commerce 9. Hong Kong Knitwear Exporters & Manufacturers Association 10. Hong Kong Kwun Tong Industries & Commerce Association Ltd 11. Hong Kong Management Association 12. Hong Kong Plastics Manufacturers Association 13. Hong Kong Trade Development Council 14. Hong Kong Woollen & Synthetic Knitting Manufacturers Association Ltd 15. Indian Chamber of Commerce, Hong Kong 16. Associate Member of Hong Kong Shippers’ Council)
- The CEF Institution Code of HKU SPACE is 100
|Certificate in Shipping and Logistics
|COURSE CODE 25K06682-6||FEES $8,700 non member course fee $8,200 employees of HKSC members & HK Liner Shipping Association Member||ENQUIRY 2508-8862|
|Continuing Education Fund
This course has been included in the list of reimbursable courses under the Continuing Education Fund.
Certificate in Shipping and Logistics
Online Application Apply Now
Application Form Application FormEnrolment Method
HKU SPACE provides 24-hour online application and payment service for students to make enrolment for most open admission courses (courses enrolled on first come, first served basis) and selected award-bearing programmes via the Internet. Applicants may settle the payment by using either PPS, VISA or Mastercard online.
Complete the online application form
Applicant may click the icon on the top right hand corner of the programme/course webpage to make online application, and then follow the instructions to fill in the online application form.
Some programmes/courses may be admitted by selection, and may require applicants to provide electronic copy of any required documents (e.g. proof of qualification) as indicated on the programme/course webpage. Only file format in doc, docx, jpg and pdf are supported.
Make Online Payment
Pay the programme/course fees by either using:
PPS via Internet - You will need a PPS account and a PPS Internet password. For information on how to open a PPS account and how to set up a PPS Internet password, please visit http://www.ppshk.com.
Credit Card Online Payment - Course fees can be paid by VISA or Mastercard including the “HKU SPACE Mastercard”.
To know more about online enrolment and payment, please refer to the user guide of Online Enrolment and Payment:
In Person / Mail
For first time enrolment
Applicants must provide all the required information on the application form and any additional information as required after the intial application assessment. Otherwise the School may not be able to process the admission/enrolment further.
- For first come, first served short courses, complete the Application for Enrolment Form SF26 and bring or post the completed form(s), together with the appropriate application/course fee(s) and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres.
- Award-bearing and professional courses may require other information. Forms are usually available at the enrolment centres or on request from programme staff. Bring or post the completed form(s), together with the appropriate application/course fee(s) and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres.
For continuing enrolment in the same course
In person or by post
- The standard ‘Enrolment/Payment Slip’ is designed for students of award-bearing programmes or remaining programmes in a suite of programmes requiring continuing enrolment and it applies to most programmes.
- Students should complete the “Enrolment/Payment Slip” which will be made available by relevant programme staff and return the slip to any HKU SPACE enrolment centre or post it to the relevant programme staff with appropriate fee payment.
If you are in doubt about the procedures, please check the individual course details, or contact our programme staff or enrolment centres.
Please note the followings for programme/course enrollment:
- Applicants should not leave the online application idle for more than 10 minutes. Otherwise, applicants must restart the application process.
- Only S-MILES and Early Bird Discount are supported in Online Applicants (Application). To enjoy other types of discount, please visit one of our enrolment centres.
- During the online application process, asynchronous application and payment submission may occur. Successful payment may not guarantee successful application. In case of unsuccessful submission, our programme staff will contact you shortly.
- Applicants are reminded that they should only apply for the same programme/course once through counter or online application.
- For online enrolment, payment confirmation page would be displayed after payment has been made successfully. In addition, a confirmation email would also be sent to your email account. You are advised to keep your payment confirmation for future enquiries.
- Fees paid are not refundable except as statutorily provided or under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment).
- If admission is by selection, the official receipt is not a guarantee that your application has been accepted. We will inform you of the result as soon as possible after the closing date for application. Unsuccessful applicants will be given a refund of programme/course fee if already paid.
The School provides a platform for online services for a selected range of products it offers. While every effort is made to ensure timeliness and accuracy of information contained in this website, such information and materials are provided "as is" without express or implied warranty of any kind. In particular, no warranty or assurance regarding non-infringement, security, accuracy, fitness for a purpose or freedom from computer viruses is given in connection with such information and materials.
The School (and its respective employees and subsidiaries) is not liable for any loss or damage in connection with any online payments made by you by reason of (i) any failure, delay, interruption, suspension or restriction of the transmission of any information or message from any payment gateways of the relevant banks and/or third party merchants for processing credit/debit/smart card or other payment facilitation mechanism; (ii) any negligence, mistake, error in or omission from any information or message transmitted from the said payment gateways; (iii) any breakdown, malfunction or failure of those gateways in effecting online payment service or (iv) anything arisen out of or in connection with the said payment gateways, including but not limited to unauthorised access to or alternation of the transmission of data or any unlawful act not permitted by the law.
1. Cash or EPS
Cash or EPS are accepted at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
2. Cheque or bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please write the programme title(s) and the applicant’s name on the back of the cheque. You may either:
- in person by submitting the payment, completed form(s), and required supporting documents to any of our enrolment centres; or
- by mailing the above documents to any of our enrolment centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope.
Course applicants, who are holders of HKU SPACE Mastercard, can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses of HK$2,000 and over. For enquiries, please contact our enrolment centres.
4. Online payment
Online payment for short courses (first come, first served) and selected award-bearing programmes is available using PPS, VISA or Mastercard. Please refer to the Online Services page on the School website.
- For general and short courses, applicants may be required to pay the course fee in cash or by EPS, Visa or Mastercard if the course is to start shortly.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, cheque or online PPS will be reimbursed by a cheque; fees paid by credit card will be reimbursed to credit card account used for payment.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme teams for details.
- Fees and places on courses are not transferrable. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on each approved transfer.
- HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment, receipt, or personal information sent by mail.
- For additional copies of receipts, please submit a completed form, a sufficiently stamped and self-addressed envelope, and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to ‘HKU SPACE’ to any of our enrolment centres. Such copies will normally be issued at the end of a course.
- More Programmes of
- Supply Chain and Logistics Management
- Relevant Programmes
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) Maritime Transport and Logistics Professional Diploma in Business Logistics Management Professional Diploma in Business Logistics Management (China e-Business) Professional Diploma in Business Logistics Management (Smart Procurement) Bachelor of Arts (Hons) International Trade and Operations Management Bachelor of Science (Hons) International Supply Chain and Shipping Management