BusinessFinance and Investment
Chartered Financial Analyst Level 2 Education Programme
- Course Code
- Application Code
- Financial assistance
- Study mode
- Start Date
- 03 Feb 2018 (Sat)
- Next intake(s)
- Feb 2019
- 4 months
- Course Fee
Class to be held at HKU Campus.
Study Together! Taught by our experienced Tutor Dr. Lai.
HKU SPACE is pleased to offer the CFA® Level 2 Education Programme to help candidates preparing for the forthcoming examinations in June, 2018.
A record number of people just got good news about their CFA exam results by Business Insider
CFA exam - Half will fail… by Business Insider
60 face-to-face lecture hours covering all topics in CFA Level 2 examination syllabus.
Please note that CFA Institute does not endorse, promote, review or warrant the accuracy of the products or services offered by organisations sponsoring or providing CFA examination preparation materials or programmes, nor does CFA Institute verify pass rates or exam results claimed by such organizations. CFA® is a licensed service mark of CFA Institute. For general information on the CFA® programme, please look up The CFA Institute website: http://www.cfainstitute.org/.
- Quantitative Methods
- Financial Reporting and Analysis
- Corporate Finance
- Fixed Income
- Equity Analysis
- Alternative Investments
- Derivative Investment
- Portfolio Management
- Ethical and Professional Standards
Information about CFA eligibility requirements, examination application, membership and the CFA charter is available from:
- CFA Institute(US) website, http://www.cfainstitute.org/
- CFA Institute (Asia Pacific) telephone: 2868 2700
February Class Schedule and Syllabus(M00918), May (M05453):
|Date||Time||CFA Level 2|
|Saturday 3 Feb 2018||13:00 - 18:00||Quantitative Analysis|
|Saturday 10 Feb 2018||13:00 - 18:00||Quantitative Analysis & Economics|
|Saturday 3 Mar 2018||13:00 - 18:00||Financial Reporting & Analysis|
|Saturday 10 Mar 2018||13:00 - 18:00||Financial Reporting & Analysis & Corporate Finance|
|Saturday 17 Mar 2018||13:00 - 18:00||Corporate Finance|
|Saturday 24 Mar 2018||13:00 - 18:00||Equity Valuation|
|Saturday 7 Apr 2018||13:00 - 18:00||Equity Valuation|
|Saturday 14 Apri 2018||13:00 - 18:00||Fixed Income|
|Saturday 21 Apr 2018||13:00 - 18:00||Fixed Income & Derivatives|
|Saturday 28 Apr 2018||13:00 - 18:00||Derivatives and Portfolio Management|
|Saturday 5 May 2018||13:00 - 18:00||Portfolio Management & Alternative Investments|
|Saturday 12 May 2018||13:00 - 18:00||Alternative Investments & Ethics|
|Saturday 19 May 2018||13:00 - 18:00||Make up class|
Days / Time
- Saturday, 1:00pm - 6:00pm
- Dr. Lai Man-Kit. He is a CFA holder. He is currently a professional trainer at Executive Training and Management Consultancy as well as a visiting scholar at HKUST. Dr. Lai has extensive knowledge in teaching adult continuing education. He was also an Assistant Professor at City University from 1994-2000.
- Course Fee : HK$9900 (including comprehensive set of notes, Wiley study materials)
- The CEF Institution Code of HKU SPACE is 100
CEF SectorFinancial Services
|Chartered Financial Analyst Level 2 Education Programme
|COURSE CODE 23Z01931-2||FEES $9,900||ENQUIRY 2867-8468|
|Continuing Education Fund
This programme has been included in the list of CEF reimbursable programmes. Application for CEF has to be made before commencement of the programme.
Application Form Application FormPayment Method
1. Cash or EPS
Course fees can be paid by cash or EPS at any HKU SPACE enrolment counters.
2. Cheque or bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please specify theprogramme title(s) for application and applicant’s name. You may either:
- bring the completed form(s), together with the appropriate course or application fees in the form of a cheque, and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres;
- or mail the above documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope. HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment sent by mail.
Applicants may also pay the course fee by VISA or MasterCard, including the “HKU SPACE MasterCard”, at anyHKU SPACE enrolment centres. Holders of the HKU SPACE MasterCard can enjoy a 10-month interest-freeinstalment period for courses with a tuition fee worth a minimum of HK$2,000; however, the course applicant must also be the cardholder himself/herself. For enquiries, please contact our staff at any enrolment centres.
4. Online payment
The course fees of all open admission courses (course enrolled on first come, first served basis) and selected award-bearing programmes can be settled by using PPS via the Internet. Applicants may also pay the relevant course fees by VISA or MasterCard online. Please refer to the Online Services page on the School website.
For general and short courses, applicants may be required to pay the course fee in cash or by EPS, Visa or MasterCard if the course is to start shortly.
Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, cheque or PPS (for online payment only) will normally be reimbursed by a cheque, and fees paid by credit card will normally be reimbursed to the payment cardholder’s credit card account.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme team for details.
- Fees and places on courses cannot be transferred from one applicant to another. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on approved transfers.
- Receipts will be issued for fees paid but HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of receipt sent by mail.
- For additional copies of receipts, please send a stamped, self-addressed envelope with a completed form and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to ‘HKU SPACE’. Such copies will only normally be issued at the end of a course.