English at Work - Communication with Customers
- Course Code
- Application Code
- Study mode
- Start Date
- To be advised
- 6 weeks
- Course Fee
This course shows you how to build positive connections with your customers and clients that result in positive outcomes. Whatever function you work in (Sales, Customer Services or any other customer-facing role in a business, and whether face-to-face or over the phone – you need to ensure genuine communication which promotes trust and engagement.
This course will increase your ability to:
- Genuinely connect with customer needs
- Authentically communicate with your customers with your priorities in mind to attain your objectives
You may also be interested in these courses:
- English at Work – Impromptu Talk and Discussion: https://hkuspace.hku.hk/prog/english-at-work-impromptu-talk-and-discussion
- English at Work: Presenting in Meetings and Discussions: https://hkuspace.hku.hk/prog/english-at-work-presenting-in-meetings-and-discussions
- Conversation for Business: https://hkuspace.hku.hk/prog/conversation-for-business
- Better Writing Using Plain English: https://hkuspace.hku.hk/prog/better-writing-using-plain-eng
- English at Work – Email Writing: https://hkuspace.hku.hk/prog/english-at-work-email-writing
- Business Email Writing: https://hkuspace.hku.hk/prog/business-email-writing
- Business Grammar: https://hkuspace.hku.hk/prog/business-grammar
- “How well do you communicate” exercise. Icebreaker.
- What makes for a great communicator
- Basic principles of communication.
- Putting your customers at ease.
The power of language
- Owning your language, the power of questions and controlling a conversation
- Telephone skills, how to control any telephone call, deal with difficult callers, listen effectively and respond efficiently.
- Practice session
Using Active Listening
- Self-assessment and how to use active listening tools.
- Encouragement and paraphrasing
- How to listen better
- Practice session
Dealing with Difficult Customers
- Understand what not to do in communication with customers and clients
- Handle objections and move on from ‘failure’
- Practice session
Understanding non-verbal cues
- First Impressions
- Posture, eye contact, speech, tone of voice
- Monitoring your body language to convey the right impressions
Managing Business meetings
- Language and skills to conduct customer meetings.
- Learn how to arrange, participate in, and conclude meetings.
- Set objectives and participate effectively in on-site meetings
- Summarizing outcomes
Creating an overall good impression with customers
- What your customers really expect from you and your organization
- Gaining customer trust and building relationships
- Opportunities for success through customer communications (upselling)
- Team approach and support
Those who need to enhance their oral English to meet their workplace language demand
|Start Date||5 May 2019 (Sun)|
|Time||2:30 pm - 5:30 pm|
|Venue||Room 901, HPSHCC Campus, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong|
- 6 session(s)
- 3 hours per session
Anyone attaining Grade D in English Language in HKCEE or Level 3 in English Language in HKDSE Examination.
- Course Fee : HK$2,000
Application Form Download Application FormEnrolment Method
We provide online application and payment service for students to make enrolment via the Internet. Enrolment will be confirmed once students have made the payment online by using either PPS or credit card.
By Post / In Person
Applicants are required to complete the Application for Enrolment Form SF26. Either take or post the completed form, along with the appropriate course fee and supporting documents, to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres.Payment Method
1. Cash or EPS
Course fees can be paid by cash or EPS at any HKU SPACE enrolment counters.
2. Cheque or bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please specify the programme title(s) for application and applicant’s name. You may either:
- bring the completed form(s), together with the appropriate course fees in the form of a cheque, and supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres;
- or mail the above documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope. HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment sent by mail.
Applicants may also pay the course fee by VISA or MasterCard, including the “HKU SPACE MasterCard”, at any HKU SPACE enrolment centres. Holders of the HKU SPACE MasterCard can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses with a tuition fee worth a minimum of HK$2,000; however, the course applicant must also be the cardholder himself/herself. For enquiries, please contact our staff at any enrolment centres.
4. Online payment
The course fees of all open admission courses (course enrolled on first come, first served basis) and selected award-bearing programmes can be settled by using PPS via the Internet. Applicants may also pay the relevant course fees by VISA or MasterCard online. Please refer to the Online Services page on the School website.
- For general and short courses, applicants may be required to pay the course fee in cash or by EPS, Visa or MasterCard if the course is to start shortly.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, cheque or PPS (for online payment only) will normally be reimbursed by a cheque, and fees paid by credit card will normally be reimbursed to the payment cardholder’s credit card account.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme team for details.
- Fees and places on courses cannot be transferred from one applicant to another. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on approved transfers.
- Receipts will be issued for fees paid but HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of receipt sent by mail.
- For additional copies of receipts, please send a stamped, self-addressed envelope with a completed form and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to ‘HKU SPACE’. Such copies will only normally be issued at the end of a course.
- The School provides a platform for online services for a selected range of products it offers. While every effort is made to ensure timeliness and accuracy of information contained in this website, such information and materials are provided "as is" without express or implied warranty of any kind. In particular, no warranty or assurance regarding non-infringement, security, accuracy, fitness for a purpose or freedom from computer viruses is given in connection with such information and materials.
- The School (and its respective employees and subsidiaries) is not liable for any loss or damage in connection with any online payments made by you by reason of (i) any failure, delay, interruption, suspension or restriction of the transmission of any information or message from any payment gateways of the relevant banks and/or third party merchants for processing credit/debit/smart card or other payment facilitation mechanism; (ii) any negligence, mistake, error in or omission from any information or message transmitted from the said payment gateways; (iii) any breakdown, malfunction or failure of those gateways in effecting online payment service; or (iv) anything arisen out of or in connection with the said payment gateways, including but not limited to unauthorised access to or alternation of the transmission of data or any unlawful act not permitted by the law.