English for Immigration - Elementary
移民英語 - 初級
- Course Code
- Application Code
- Study mode
- Start Date
- 19 Sep 2022 (Mon)
- 12 weeks
- Course Fee
This 30-hour real-time online course aims to enhance the English speaking and listening abilities of elementary or beginner speakers of English, or learners who have not been involved in English speaking for a long period.
The course content will include but not be limited to:
- A dedicated period of building and using new vocabulary.
- An introduction to articulating word stress and intonation.
- A review and revision of grammar for different situations.
- An introduction to methods to pick out information listening to English speakers.
- An investigation of common mistakes and problems using English.
The course will:
- Be practical in nature with supporting theoretical material.
- Begin with an initial assessment of student abilities.
- Move onto practical usage and drilling of English vowel and consonant sounds.
A majority of the time will be spent on practice and usage, with particular reference to the language needed for immigration to English-speaking countries.
This short course is designed for beginners and learners who wish to make a start on improving their English speaking and listening abilities. Students will be typically drawn from all areas of Hong Kong society with an interest in improving their English abilities for living and working in a foreign land. At the end of the course, students are expected to:
- Have an improved understanding of pronunciation
- Possess a basic range of vocabulary
- Carry out basic conversation with English speakers.
You may also be interested in the following courses:
- English for Immigration - Intermediate+ 移民英語 - 中級+
- MY SPACE Online Writing Tutor - Academic English 我的網上寫作導師 - 學術英語
- English for Teenagers: Speed Writing 青少年英語系列：速寫特訓班
|Application Code||2045-2905NW||Apply Online Now|
|Start Date||19 Sep 2022 (Mon)|
|Time||7:00 - 9:30 pm|
|Apply Online Now|
- 12 session(s)
- 2.5 hours per session
All applicants shall have an elementary level of English.
- Course Fee : HK$2,200
Online Application Apply Now
Application Form Download Application FormEnrolment Method
We provide online application and payment service for students to make enrolment via the Internet. Enrolment will be confirmed once students have made the payment online by using either PPS or credit card.
By Post / In Person
Applicants are required to complete the Application for Enrolment Form SF26. Either take or post the completed form, along with the appropriate course fee and supporting documents, to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres.Payment Method
1. Cash, EPS Or WeChat Pay
Course fees can be paid by cash, EPS or WeChat Pay at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
2. Cheque Or Bank Draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please specify the programme title(s) for application and applicant’s name. You may either:
- bring the completed form(s), together with the appropriate course or application fees in the form of a cheque, and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres;
- or mail the above documents to any of the HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope. HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment sent by mail.
Applicants may also pay the course fee by VISA or MasterCard, including the “HKU SPACE MasterCard”, at any HKU SPACE enrolment centres. Holders of the HKU SPACE MasterCard can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses with a tuition fee worth a minimum of HK$2,000; however, the course applicant must also be the cardholder himself/herself. For enquiries, please contact our staff at any enrolment centres.
4. Online Payment
The course fees of all open admission courses (course enrolled on first come, first served basis) and selected award-bearing programmes can be settled by using PPS via the Internet. Applicants may also pay the relevant course fees by VISA or MasterCard online. Please refer to Enrolment Methods - Online Enrolment for details.
- For general and short courses, applicants may be required to pay the course fee in cash or by EPS, WeChat Pay, Visa or MasterCard if the course is to start shortly.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, WeChat Pay, cheque or PPS (for online payment only) will normally be reimbursed by a cheque, and fees paid by credit card will normally be reimbursed to the payment cardholder’s credit card account.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme team for details.
- Fees and places on courses cannot be transferred from one applicant to another. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on approved transfers.
- Receipts will be issued for fees paid but HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of receipt sent by mail.
- For payment certification, please submit a completed form, a sufficiently stamped and self-addressed envelope, and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to “HKU SPACE” to any of our enrolment centres.
- The School provides a platform for online services for a selected range of products it offers. While every effort is made to ensure timeliness and accuracy of information contained in this website, such information and materials are provided "as is" without express or implied warranty of any kind. In particular, no warranty or assurance regarding non-infringement, security, accuracy, fitness for a purpose or freedom from computer viruses is given in connection with such information and materials.
- The School (and its respective employees and subsidiaries) is not liable for any loss or damage in connection with any online payments made by you by reason of (i) any failure, delay, interruption, suspension or restriction of the transmission of any information or message from any payment gateways of the relevant banks and/or third party merchants for processing credit/debit/smart card or other payment facilitation mechanism; (ii) any negligence, mistake, error in or omission from any information or message transmitted from the said payment gateways; (iii) any breakdown, malfunction or failure of those gateways in effecting online payment service; or (iv) anything arisen out of or in connection with the said payment gateways, including but not limited to unauthorised access to or alternation of the transmission of data or any unlawful act not permitted by the law.