Business & ManagementInnovation, Creativity and Entrepreneurship
Executive Certificate in Commercialization of Innovative Products
- Course Code
- Application Code
- Study mode
- Start Date
- 28 Mar 2019 (Thu)
- Next intake(s)
- Aug 2019
- 3 months
- English supplemented with Cantonese
- Course Fee
- HK$6800 per programme
Absenteeism represents a loss of more than $330 bn in China and Hong Kong...
The programme aims to:
- Develop innovative and entrepreneurial talents with capabilities to create value by transforming creative ideas into innovative products for business growth
- Enable students to adopt market-driven innovation process as a guiding framework to access technology relevance as well as market needs for new product development
- Equip students with a set of methodologies to engage the right partners with solid value propositions for commercializing innovative products
Mr. Henry C. K. Ma,
- Principal Lecturer,
- With 20 years of B2B Marketing Expertise and MBA (Cambridge),
- Former Business Leader in Global MNCs (GE, 3M, DuPont)
As an innovator, engineer, and marketer, Mr. Ma has around 20 years of industry working experience in a few global science companies (such as GE, DuPont, and 3M) as business leader leading cross-functional teams in Greater China and Asia Pacific for market-driven innovation and new product development across different industries. Prior to his current role as the Senior Program Director of HKU SPACE, he was the CMO (Technology & Incubation) of HKUST and the first Director - Materials Innovation of FOSSIL Group (Listed in USA).
Academically, Mr. Ma holds an MBA degree from the University of Cambridge and is pursuing his doctoral degree at the University of Hong Kong with research focus on cross-sector (university-industry- government) collaboration, market driven innovation, knowledge transfer, technology commercialization and regional innovation systems in Hong Kong and Mainland China.
馬先生畢業於英國劍橋大學(University of Cambridge)獲得工商管理碩士並正在香港大學(University of Hong Kong)修讀博士學位課程; 研究領域為跨界（政產學硏）合作, 市場導向創新, 知識轉移, 科技產業化和區域創新系統（香港與中國大陸）;是香港科技大學首任科研市場總監(CMO)，主管創新營銷和初創培育。現為香港大學SPACE高級課程主任。
學術研究以外，馬先生有約二十年工業營銷及亞太區管理經驗，曾任職於多家全球性跨國上市集團；其中包括三家美國道瓊斯工業指數公司：通用電氣(GE), 杜邦(DuPont)和3M; 亦是美國上市公司FOSSIL Group首任材料創新總監。 篤行"明德格物，學無止境"的治學教育理念。
Module Content is as follows:
1. Innovation: Assessment and Development
2. Technology Commercialization
3. Strategic Marketing Process
4. Innovation and Growth Execution
5. Collaborative Innovation
Days / Time
- Thursday, 7:00pm - 10:00pm
- 10 meetings
- 3 hours per meeting
Location: Hong Kong Island: Specific Location To Be Confirmed
Applicants shall hold:
(i) a bachelor's degree awarded by a recognized university or equivalent:
(ii) an Assoicate Degree / a Higher Diploma or equivalent, and have at least 2 years of work experience.
Applicants with other qualifications and substantial senior level work experience will be considered on individual merit.
HK$150 (Non-refundable)Course Fee
- Course Fee : HK$6800 per programme
Application Form Download Application FormEnrolment Method
Complete and return the application form in person to HKU SPACE Enrolment Centre. For venue, please refer to our HKU SPACE website at http://hkuspace.hku.hk/learning-centre. The application must be accompanied with:
a) A non-refundable application fee of HKD150 (Cheque should be crossed and made payable to "HKU SPACE") to be submitted with the application for enrolment. The application fee will be used to cover the cost of processing and is non-refundable.
b) Photocopies of HKID card, relevant certificates/transcripts, and testimonials or other documentary proof of the applicant's working experience. (Please bring original certificates/official transcripts and testimonials/documentary proof of working experience for certification at HKU SPACE Centres).Payment Method
1. Cash or EPS
Cash or EPS are accepted at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
2. Cheque or bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please write the programme title(s) and the applicant’s name on the back of the cheque. You may either:
- in person by submitting the payment, completed form(s), and required supporting documents to any of our enrolment centres; or
- by mailing the above documents to any of our enrolment centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope.
Course applicants, who are holders of HKU SPACE MasterCard, can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses of HK$2,000 and over. For enquiries, please contact our enrolment centres.
4. Online payment
Online payment for short courses (first come, first served) and selected award-bearing programmes is available using PPS, VISA or MasterCard. Please refer to the Online Services page on the School website.
- For general and short courses, applicants may be required to pay the course fee in cash or by EPS, Visa or MasterCard if the course is to start shortly.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, cheque or online PPS will be reimbursed by a cheque; fees paid by credit card will be reimbursed to credit card account used for payment.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme teams for details.
- Fees and places on courses are not transferrable. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on each approved transfer.
- HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment, receipt, or personal information sent by mail.
- For additional copies of receipts, please aubmit a completed form, a sufficiently stamped and self-addressed envelope, and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to ‘HKU SPACE’ to any of our enrolment centres. Such copies will normally be issued at the end of a course.
- Relevant Programmes
- Postgraduate Diploma in Entrepreneurship and Innovation Management Preparatory Courses for University of London (Queen Mary) Global MBA Executive Certificate in Intellectual Property Asset Management Executive Certificate in Start-Up Formula Executive Certificate in B2B Market and Innovation Strategy Executive Certificate in Collaborative Innovation Management Executive Certificate in Digital Business and Innovation