Business & ManagementInnovation, Creativity and Entrepreneurship
Executive Certificate in Digital Business and Innovation
- Course Code
- Application Code
- Study mode
- Start Date
- 10 Apr 2019 (Wed)
- 2 months to 3 months
- English supplemented with Cantonese
- Course Fee
This Global MBA preparatory course aims to provide tuition support to...
This Information Seminar provides details about: Preparatory Courses for University of London (Queen Mary) Global MBA Postgraduate Diploma in Entrepreneurship and Innovation Management Executive Certificate in Digital Business and Innovation Executive Certificate in Intellectual Property Asset Management Executive Certificate in Start-Up Formula
The programme aims to:
- provide students with specialized knowledge in new technologies and the technological requirements for business innovation
- enable executives or entrepreneurs to acquire skills in evaluating the potential of digital innovation and its role in enhancing and sustaining competitive advantages of a business
New technologies are emerging faster than ever. They give rise to tremendous opportunities and sometimes disrupt traditional business models. In order to identify the technologies with true potential and grasp the new opportunities, we must know the capacities and utilization methods of the new technologies in business operations. This course will introduce the basic principles and applications of various trending technologies, as well as their implementation for digital transformation in business.
- Trending technologies introductions
(e.g. Mobile Solutions, Digital Marketing, Internet of Things, Big Data, Artificial Intelligence, Robotic Process Automation, Extended Reality, Cloud Technologies, FinTech, Digital Fabrication)
- Impact of new technologies on the market environment
- Using technological business opportunities to generate competitive advantages and business success to the organization
- Managing technological change
- Digital Leadership
- Implementation of new technology
Teacher - Mr. Ricky Leung
Mr. Leung is a serial technology entrepreneur. He is the cofounder of the 3D printing company Printact and the O2O on-demand valet company Park Linker Asia Limited, where both are high-tech firms supported by Cyberport and Hong Kong Science Park respectively. He also solo-founded an information technology consultancy firm to manage IT projects for other companies, including Outback Steakhouse Hong Kong.
Having both the experiences of founding technological companies and managing IT development for a multinational corporation, Mr. Leung is skilled in utilizing new technologies for companies to generate competitive advantages.
As Mr. Leung’s 3D printing company is one of the 17 first batch companies supported by the Qianhai Houde Entrepreneur Incubation program, he also has first-hand experience about the technology business environment in mainland China.
|1||10 Apr 2019 (Wed)||7pm-10pm|
|2||17 Apr 2019 (Wed)||7pm-10pm|
|3||24 Apr 2019 (Wed)||7pm-10pm|
|4||8 May 2019 (Wed)||7pm-10pm|
|5||15 May 2019 (Wed)||7pm-10pm|
|6||22 May 2019 (Wed)||7pm-10pm|
|7||29 May 2019 (Wed)||7pm-10pm|
|8||5 Jun 2019 (Wed)||7pm-10pm|
|9||12 Jun 2019 (Wed)||7pm-10pm|
|10||19 Jun 2019 (Wed)||7pm-10pm|
Days / Time
- Wednesday, 7:00pm - 10:00pm
- a bachelor’s degree awarded by a recognized university or equivalent; OR
- an Associate Degree / a Higher Diploma or equivalent, and have at least 2 years of work experience; OR
- relevant professional qualifications.
Applicants with other qualifications and substantial senior level work experience will be considered on individual merit.
HK$150 (Non-refundable)Course Fee
- Course Fee : HK$6,800
Application Form Download Application FormPayment Method
Complete and return the application form in person to HKU SPACE Enrolment Centre. For venue, please refer to our HKU SPACE website at http://hkuspace.hku.hk/learning-centre. The application must be accompanied with:
- A non-refundable application fee of HKD150 (Cheque should be crossed and made payable to "HKU SPACE") to be submitted with the application for enrolment. The application fee will be used to cover the cost of processing and is non-refundable.
- Photocopies of HKID card, relevant certificates/transcripts, and testimonials or other documentary proof of the applicant's working experience. (Please bring original HKID, certificates/official transcripts and testimonials/documentary proof of working experience for certification at HKU SPACE Centres).
Please note the followings:
- Admission is on a first-come, first-served basis. Enrolment will be confirmed once you have made the payment online. You will receive a payment confirmation after payment has been made successfully. You are advised to keep your payment confirmation for future enquiries.
- Fees paid are not refundable except as statutorily provided or under very exceptional circumstances.
The School provides a platform for online services for a selected range of products it offers. While every effort is made to ensure timeliness and accuracy of information contained in this website, such information and materials are provided "as is" without express or implied warranty of any kind. In particular, no warranty or assurance regarding non-infringement, security, accuracy, fitness for a purpose or freedom from computer viruses is given in connection with such information and materials.
The School (and its respective employees and subsidiaries) is not liable for any loss or damage in connection with any online payments made by you by reason of (i) any failure, delay, interruption, suspension or restriction of the transmission of any information or message from any payment gateways of the relevant banks and/or third party merchants for processing credit/debit/smart card or other payment facilitation mechanism; (ii) any negligence, mistake, error in or omission from any information or message transmitted from the said payment gateways; (iii) any breakdown, malfunction or failure of those gateways in effecting online payment service or (iv) anything arisen out of or in connection with the said payment gateways, including but not limited to unauthorised access to or alternation of the transmission of data or any unlawful act not permitted by the law.
1. CASH OR EPS
Course fees can be paid by cash or EPS at any HKU SPACE enrolment counters.
2. CHEQUE OR BANK DRAFT
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please specify theprogramme title(s) for application and applicant’s name. You may either:
- bring the completed form(s), together with the appropriate course or application fees in the form of a cheque, and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres;
- or mail the above documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope. HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment sent by mail.
Applicants may also pay the course fee by VISA or MasterCard, including the “HKU SPACE MasterCard”, at anyHKU SPACE enrolment centres. Holders of the HKU SPACE MasterCard can enjoy a 10-month interest-freeinstalment period for courses with a tuition fee worth a minimum of HK$2,000; however, the course applicant must also be the cardholder himself/herself. For enquiries, please contact our staff at any enrolment centres.
4. ONLINE PAYMENT
The course fees of all open admission courses (course enrolled on first come, first served basis) and selected award-bearing programmes can be settled by using PPS via the Internet. Applicants may also pay the relevant course fees by VISA or MasterCard online. Please refer to the Online Services page on the School website.
For general and short courses, applicants may be required to pay the course fee in cash or by EPS, Visa or MasterCard if the course is to start shortly.
Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, cheque or PPS (for online payment only) will normally be reimbursed by a cheque, and fees paid by credit card will normally be reimbursed to the payment cardholder’s credit card account.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme team for details.
- Fees and places on courses cannot be transferred from one applicant to another. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on approved transfers.
- Receipts will be issued for fees paid but HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of receipt sent by mail.
- For additional copies of receipts, please send a stamped, self-addressed envelope with a completed form and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to ‘HKU SPACE’. Such copies will only normally be issued at the end of a course.
- Relevant Programmes
- Postgraduate Diploma in Entrepreneurship and Innovation Management Preparatory Courses for University of London (Queen Mary) Global MBA Executive Certificate in Start-Up Formula Executive Certificate in Intellectual Property Asset Management Executive Certificate in Commercialization of Innovative Products