Marketing & HospitalityDigital and Social Media Marketing
Executive Certificate in Effective Digital Media Buying and Planning
- Jointly Organized by
IAB Hong Kong
- Course Code
- Application Code
- Study mode
- Start Date
- 06 Mar 2021 (Sat)
- 2 months
- Course Fee
Two brand new programmes are launched in collaboration with IAB Hong Kong which aim to groom talents for the digital media industries and to elevate the knowledge and skill sets of the workforce. The Executive Certificate in Effective Digital Media Buying and Planning is designed for media buying and planning practitioners in agencies or other organizations.
The objective of this programme is to equip advertising industry practitioners especially digital media buyers and planners with professional credentials. It provides students with a solid foundation of knowledge in digital marketing ecosystem, digital media buying and planning strategies, know-how in purchasing audience targeted advertising space to deliver a designated marketing initiative, and knowledge on optimizing campaing performance.
- State-of-the-art programme content developed specifically for the digital media industry
- Well qualified teachers who are all experts in their fields and have tons of practical experience
- Interactive learning experience and networking opportunities
- Opportunity to take the IAB Digital Media Buying and Planning Certification exam upon completion of the programme
Ecosystem of Digital Marketing
- New rules and the latest trends in digital marketing
- Digital consumer behaviour and consumer segmentation
- Digital and social media platforms
- Digital advertising communications strategies and formats
- Digital advertising campaign planning and optimization - role of data, metrics and KPIs
Digital Media Buying and Planning
- Collaboration on campaign briefs
- Creating media strategies
- Developing digital media plans
- Executing and managing campaigns
- Educating stakeholders
- Evolution of programmatic advertising
- Technologies and transaction types
- Supply-side providers and Demand-side providers
- Automation, campaign process and measurement strategies
Industry leaders to teach and share their experiences:
CEO, Omnicom Media Group
Platform Manager, Google
Head of Hong Kong, Hina Technology Co. Ltd.
Head of Client Success, Cosmose Inc.
Upon successful completion of the programme, students will be awarded an Executive Certificate in Effective Digital Media Buying and Planning, awarded within the HKU systemm through HKU SPACE. Students may opt to attend the online examination offered by IAB US to obtain the following certification issued by IAB US. A separate exam fee per examination will be charged by IAB US.
- IAB Digtial Media Buying and Planning Certification
Satisfactory completion of the programme will be assessed by one individual assignment, which consists of an individual presentation of 10-15 minutes and a report in Word format.
|Application Code||1875-EP165A||Apply Online Now|
|Apply Online Now|
Days / Time
- Saturday, 2:00pm - 6:00pm
Classes will be held on 8 Saturdays.
Class dates and time:
|Mar 6, 2021||2-6pm
|Mar 13, 2021|
|Mar 20, 2021|
|Mar 27, 2021|
|Apr 10, 2021|
|Apr 17, 2021|
|Apr 24, 2021|
|May 8, 2021||2-4pm|
Applicants shall hold:
(i) a bachelor’s degree awarded by a recognized university or equivalent; or
(ii) an Associate Degree/ a Higher Diploma, or equivalent, and have at least 2 years of work experience.
Preference may be given to applicants with qualifications such as the Google Ads Certification or Facebook Blueprint Certification.
Applicants with other qualifications and substantial senior level work experience will be considered on individual merit.
HK$150 IAB Hong Kong members will get waiver of application fee.
(For IAB Hong Kong member, please apply the programme in learning centre for waiving the application fee.)
- Course Fee : HK$7500
- Early Bird Rate : HK$6750 (For non-IAB members, applicants who apply on or before Feb 6 will enjoy10% early bird discount on tuition fee.)
- Professional Body Rate : HK$6750 (IAB Hong Kong members will get 10% discount on the tuition fee. The two discount offers cannot be used at the same time. )
This programme is offered in collaboration with IAB Hong Kong.
IAB was founded in 1996 and headquartered in New York City. The organization is committed to professional development and elevating the knowledge, skills and expertise of the workforce in the digital media and advertising industry.
IAB Hong Kong is registered as a not-for-profit organization which aims to empower the media and marketing industries to thrive in the digital economy through developing standards and best practices on digital marketing in order to shape the future of digital marketing for the advertising and marketing community in Hong Kong. The founding members of IAB Hong Kong include: Facebook, Google, South China Morning Post, Verizon media, comScore, Next Digital and RedLotus. PwC is a supporting partner to the association.
For more details please visit www.iabhongkong.com.
Online Application Apply Now
Application Form Download Application FormEnrolment Method
HKU SPACE provides 24-hour online application and payment service for students to make enrolment for most open admission courses (courses enrolled on first come, first served basis) and selected award-bearing programmes via the Internet. Applicants may settle the payment by using either PPS, VISA or Mastercard online.
Complete the online application form
Applicant may click the icon on the top right hand corner of the programme/course webpage to make online application, and then follow the instructions to fill in the online application form.
Some programmes/courses may be admitted by selection, and may require applicants to provide electronic copy of any required documents (e.g. proof of qualification) as indicated on the programme/course webpage. Only file format in doc, docx, jpg and pdf are supported.
Make Online Payment
Pay the programme/course fees by either using:
PPS via Internet - You will need a PPS account and a PPS Internet password. For information on how to open a PPS account and how to set up a PPS Internet password, please visit http://www.ppshk.com.
Credit Card Online Payment - Course fees can be paid by VISA or Mastercard including the “HKU SPACE Mastercard”.
To know more about online enrolment and payment, please refer to the user guide of Online Enrolment and Payment:
In Person / Mail
For first time enrolment
Applicants must provide all the required information on the application form and any additional information as required after the intial application assessment. Otherwise the School may not be able to process the admission/enrolment further.
- For first come, first served short courses, complete the Application for Enrolment Form SF26 and bring or post the completed form(s), together with the appropriate application/course fee(s) and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres.
- Award-bearing and professional courses may require other information. Forms are usually available at the enrolment centres or on request from programme staff. Bring or post the completed form(s), together with the appropriate application/course fee(s) and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres.
For continuing enrolment in the same course
In person or by post
- The standard ‘Enrolment/Payment Slip’ is designed for students of award-bearing programmes or remaining programmes in a suite of programmes requiring continuing enrolment and it applies to most programmes.
- Students should complete the “Enrolment/Payment Slip” which will be made available by relevant programme staff and return the slip to any HKU SPACE enrolment centre or post it to the relevant programme staff with appropriate fee payment.
If you are in doubt about the procedures, please check the individual course details, or contact our programme staff or enrolment centres.
Please note the followings for programme/course enrollment:
- Applicants should not leave the online application idle for more than 10 minutes. Otherwise, applicants must restart the application process.
- Only S-MILES and Early Bird Discount are supported in Online Applicants (Application). To enjoy other types of discount, please visit one of our enrolment centres.
- During the online application process, asynchronous application and payment submission may occur. Successful payment may not guarantee successful application. In case of unsuccessful submission, our programme staff will contact you shortly.
- Applicants are reminded that they should only apply for the same programme/course once through counter or online application.
- For online enrolment, payment confirmation page would be displayed after payment has been made successfully. In addition, a confirmation email would also be sent to your email account. You are advised to keep your payment confirmation for future enquiries.
- Fees paid are not refundable except as statutorily provided or under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment).
- If admission is by selection, the official receipt is not a guarantee that your application has been accepted. We will inform you of the result as soon as possible after the closing date for application. Unsuccessful applicants will be given a refund of programme/course fee if already paid.
The School provides a platform for online services for a selected range of products it offers. While every effort is made to ensure timeliness and accuracy of information contained in this website, such information and materials are provided "as is" without express or implied warranty of any kind. In particular, no warranty or assurance regarding non-infringement, security, accuracy, fitness for a purpose or freedom from computer viruses is given in connection with such information and materials.
The School (and its respective employees and subsidiaries) is not liable for any loss or damage in connection with any online payments made by you by reason of (i) any failure, delay, interruption, suspension or restriction of the transmission of any information or message from any payment gateways of the relevant banks and/or third party merchants for processing credit/debit/smart card or other payment facilitation mechanism; (ii) any negligence, mistake, error in or omission from any information or message transmitted from the said payment gateways; (iii) any breakdown, malfunction or failure of those gateways in effecting online payment service or (iv) anything arisen out of or in connection with the said payment gateways, including but not limited to unauthorised access to or alternation of the transmission of data or any unlawful act not permitted by the law.
1. Cash or EPS
Cash or EPS are accepted at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
2. Cheque or bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please write the programme title(s) and the applicant’s name on the back of the cheque. You may either:
- in person by submitting the payment, completed form(s), and required supporting documents to any of our enrolment centres; or
- by mailing the above documents to any of our enrolment centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope.
Course applicants, who are holders of HKU SPACE Mastercard, can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses of HK$2,000 and over. For enquiries, please contact our enrolment centres.
4. Online payment
Online payment for short courses (first come, first served) and selected award-bearing programmes is available using PPS, VISA or Mastercard. Please refer to the Online Services page on the School website.
- For general and short courses, applicants may be required to pay the course fee in cash or by EPS, Visa or Mastercard if the course is to start shortly.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, cheque or online PPS will be reimbursed by a cheque; fees paid by credit card will be reimbursed to credit card account used for payment.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme teams for details.
- Fees and places on courses are not transferrable. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on each approved transfer.
- HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment, receipt, or personal information sent by mail.
- For additional copies of receipts, please submit a completed form, a sufficiently stamped and self-addressed envelope, and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to ‘HKU SPACE’ to any of our enrolment centres. Such copies will normally be issued at the end of a course.
- Relevant Programmes
- Executive Certificate in Professional Digital Media Selling 行政人員證書《創意品牌及品牌管理》 行政人員證書《數碼品牌傳播》 行政人員證書《數碼及內容營銷》 Executive Certificate in Digital and Social Media Marketing 行政人員證書《社交媒體及數碼營銷分析》 Executive Certificate in Data-driven Creative Thinking for Marketers Professional Diploma in Marketing Professional Diploma in Marketing for Pharmaceutical Industries Certificate for Module (Retail Management and Operations) Certificate for Module (Strategic Retail Marketing) Certificate for Module (Public Relations Planning) Advanced Diploma in Digital and Social Media Marketing Advanced Diploma in Marketing and Brand Management Advanced Diploma in Marketing and Retail Management Advanced Diploma in Marketing and Public Relations Advanced Diploma in Marketing Bachelor of Arts (Hons) Marketing and Management Bachelor of Arts (Hons) Marketing