BusinessInnovation & Entrepreneurship
Executive Certificate in Intellectual Property Asset Management
- Course Code
- Application Code
- Study mode
- Start Date
- 20 Nov 2017 (Mon)
- Next intake(s)
- 3 months
- English supplemented with Cantonese
- Course Fee
- HK$6800 per programme
Innovation is an essential pillar for sustainable growth in today&rsquo...
Innovation . Creativity . Entrepreneurship
Nurturing Innovators for Hong Kong
Speaker: Dr. Lawrence Yeung
Partner, ONC Lawyers
Lawrence’s niche areas of practice include intellectual property (IP) portfolio, IP asset management, worldwide IP protection strategies, copyright, patent (PCT) filings, trademark and licensing, domain names, design protection and enforcement/litigation in China and Hong Kong. Lawrence also advises on geographical indications and certification trademark applications.
Lawrence has been focusing on IP for more than 10 years, during which he rendered substantial IP advice to several FORTUNE 500 companies. His several prominent cases entailed successfully coordinating a raid action with a successful outcome against a trademark infringer in China for a well-known Japanese electric manufacturer, a successful raid action coordinated with Hong Kong Customs against two leading Karaoke chain stores in Hong Kong. Lawrence also assisted in handling a pre-eminent US based food and beverage manufacturer’s trademark portfolio in Asia.
Speaker: Mr. Henry C.K. Ma
Senior Programme Director, HKU SPACE
As an innovator, engineer, and marketer, Mr. Ma has around 20 years of industry working experience in a few global science companies (such as GE, DuPont, and 3M) as business leader leading cross-functional teams in Greater China and Asia Pacific for market-driven innovation and new product development across different industries. Prior to his current role as the Senior Program Director of HKU SPACE, he was the CMO (Technology & Incubation) of HKUST and the first Director - Materials Innovation of FOSSIL Group (Listed in USA).
Academically, Mr. Ma holds an MBA degree from the University of Cambridge and is pursuing his doctoral degree at the University of Hong Kong with research focus on cross-sector (university-industry-government) collaboration, market-driven innovation, knowledge transfer, technology commercialization, and regional innovation systems in Hong Kong and Mainland China.
馬先生畢業於英國劍橋大學(University of Cambridge)獲得工商管理碩士並正在香港大學(University of Hong Kong)修讀博士學位課程; 研究領域為跨界（政產學硏）合作, 市場導向創新, 知識轉移, 科技產業化和區域創新系統（香港與中國大陸）;是香港科技大學首任科研市場總監(CMO)，主管創新營銷和初創培育。現為香港大學SPACE高級課程主任。
學術研究以外，馬先生有約二十年工業營銷及亞太區管理經驗，曾任職於多家全球性跨國上市集團；其中包括三家美國道瓊斯工業指數公司：通用電氣(GE), 杜邦(DuPont)和3M; 亦是美國上市公司FOSSIL Group首任材料創新總監。 篤行"明德格物，學無止境"的治學教育理念。
The programme aims to:
- Develop innovative and entrepreneurial talents with capabilities to create value by transforming creativity into innovation
- Equip students with sufficient competence to leverage Intellectual Property (IP) in commercial settings to optimize knowledge-based innovation
- Inspire students' confidence in managing IP by equipping them with sound knowledge of relevant legal framework for innovation devleopment
- Train students to apply strategic thinking and win-win approaches to create synergy in collaborations of open innovation
Module Content is as follows:
1. Essentials of Intellectual Property (IP) for Innovation
2. Intellectual Property Management for Innovation (COPE Framework)
3. Strategic Portfolio Management
4. Market Assessment and Engagement
5. Perfomance Measurement
Days / Time
- Monday, 7:00pm - 10:00pm
- 10 meetings
- 3 hours per meeting
Location: Hong Kong Island: Specific Location To Be Confirmed
Applicants shall hold:
(i) a bachelor's degree awarded by a recognized university or equivalent:
(ii) an Associate Degree / a Higher Diploma or equivalent, and have at least 2 years of work experience.
Applicants with other qualifications and substantial senior level work experience will be considered on individual merit.
- Course Fee : HK$6800 per programme
Application Form Download Application FormEnrolment Method
Complete and return the application form in person to HKU SPACE Enrolment Centre. For venue, please refer to our HKU SPACE website at http://hkuspace.hku.hk/learning-centre. The application must be accompanied with:
a) A non-refundable application fee of HKD150 (Cheque should be crossed and made payable to "HKU SPACE") to be submitted with the application for enrolment. The application fee will be used to cover the cost of processing and is non-refundable.
b) Photocopies of HKID card, relevant certificates/transcripts, and testimonials or other documentary proof of the applicant's working experience. (Please bring original certificates/official transcripts and testimonials/documentary proof of working experience for certification at HKU SPACE Centres).Payment Method
1. Cash or EPS
Course fees can be paid by cash or EPS at any HKU SPACE enrolment counters.
2. Cheque or bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please specify theprogramme title(s) for application and applicant’s name. You may either:
- bring the completed form(s), together with the appropriate course or application fees in the form of a cheque, and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres;
- or mail the above documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope. HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment sent by mail.
Applicants may also pay the course fee by VISA or MasterCard, including the “HKU SPACE MasterCard”, at anyHKU SPACE enrolment centres. Holders of the HKU SPACE MasterCard can enjoy a 10-month interest-freeinstalment period for courses with a tuition fee worth a minimum of HK$2,000; however, the course applicant must also be the cardholder himself/herself. For enquiries, please contact our staff at any enrolment centres.
4. Online payment
The course fees of all open admission courses (course enrolled on first come, first served basis) and selected award-bearing programmes can be settled by using PPS via the Internet. Applicants may also pay the relevant course fees by VISA or MasterCard online. Please refer to the Online Services page on the School website.
For general and short courses, applicants may be required to pay the course fee in cash or by EPS, Visa or MasterCard if the course is to start shortly.
Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, cheque or PPS (for online payment only) will normally be reimbursed by a cheque, and fees paid by credit card will normally be reimbursed to the payment cardholder’s credit card account.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme team for details.
- Fees and places on courses cannot be transferred from one applicant to another. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on approved transfers.
- Receipts will be issued for fees paid but HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of receipt sent by mail.
- For additional copies of receipts, please send a stamped, self-addressed envelope with a completed form and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to ‘HKU SPACE’. Such copies will only normally be issued at the end of a course.