Business & ManagementInnovation, Creativity and Entrepreneurship
Executive Certificate in Intellectual Property Asset Management
- Course Code
- Application Code
- Study mode
- Start Date
- 25 Sep 2019 (Wed)
- Next intake(s)
- March 2020
- 3 months
- English supplemented with Cantonese
- Course Fee
- HK$6800 per programme
The programme aims to:
- Develop innovative and entrepreneurial talents with capabilities to create value by transforming creativity into innovation
- Equip students with sufficient competence to leverage Intellectual Property (IP) in commercial settings to optimize knowledge-based innovation
- Inspire students' confidence in managing IP by equipping them with sound knowledge of relevant legal framework for innovation devleopment
- Train students to apply strategic thinking and win-win approaches to create synergy in collaborations of open innovation
Speaker: Mr. Larry Lai
Patent Attorney, Solicitor
As a patent attorney in a leading law firm, Larry’s niche areas of practice include patent drafting, prosecution of patent applications, patent litigation and revocation proceedings. He has extensive experience advising on all aspects related to IP including intellectual property (IP) portfolio, IP asset management, patentability advice, prior art search, patent infringement and validity opinions.
Larry is a registered solicitor, a registered patent attorney and a chartered engineer. He holds a Juris Doctor from the Chinese University of Hong Kong, a Master of IP Law as well as a Master of Engineering from the University of Technology, Sydney, a Master of Science in Telecommunications from Coventry University, a Master of Business Administration from the University of East Asia, and a Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering from the University of Alberta.
Module Content is as follows:
1. Essentials of Intellectual Property (IP) for Innovation
2. Intellectual Property Management for Innovation (COPE Framework)
3. Strategic Portfolio Management
4. Market Assessment and Engagement
5. Perfomance Measurement
Days / Time
- Monday, 7:00pm - 10:00pm
- 10 meetings
- 3 hours per meeting
Location: Hong Kong Island: Specific Location To Be Confirmed
Applicants shall hold:
(i) a bachelor's degree awarded by a recognized university or equivalent:
(ii) an Associate Degree / a Higher Diploma or equivalent, and have at least 2 years of work experience.
Applicants with other qualifications and substantial senior level work experience will be considered on individual merit.
HK$150 (Non-refundable)Course Fee
- Course Fee : HK$6800 per programme
Complete and return the application form in person to HKU SPACE Enrolment Centre. For venue, please refer to our HKU SPACE website at http://hkuspace.hku.hk/learning-centre. The application must be accompanied with:
a) A non-refundable application fee of HKD150 (Cheque should be crossed and made payable to "HKU SPACE") to be submitted with the application for enrolment. The application fee will be used to cover the cost of processing and is non-refundable.
b) Photocopies of HKID card, relevant certificates/transcripts, and testimonials or other documentary proof of the applicant's working experience. (Please bring original certificates/official transcripts and testimonials/documentary proof of working experience for certification at HKU SPACE Centres).Payment Method
1. Cash or EPS
Cash or EPS are accepted at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
2. Cheque or bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please write the programme title(s) and the applicant’s name on the back of the cheque. You may either:
- in person by submitting the payment, completed form(s), and required supporting documents to any of our enrolment centres; or
- by mailing the above documents to any of our enrolment centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope.
Course applicants, who are holders of HKU SPACE Mastercard, can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses of HK$2,000 and over. For enquiries, please contact our enrolment centres.
4. Online payment
Online payment for short courses (first come, first served) and selected award-bearing programmes is available using PPS, VISA or Mastercard. Please refer to the Online Services page on the School website.
- For general and short courses, applicants may be required to pay the course fee in cash or by EPS, Visa or Mastercard if the course is to start shortly.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, cheque or online PPS will be reimbursed by a cheque; fees paid by credit card will be reimbursed to credit card account used for payment.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme teams for details.
- Fees and places on courses are not transferrable. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on each approved transfer.
- HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment, receipt, or personal information sent by mail.
- For additional copies of receipts, please submit a completed form, a sufficiently stamped and self-addressed envelope, and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to ‘HKU SPACE’ to any of our enrolment centres. Such copies will normally be issued at the end of a course.
- Relevant Programmes
- Postgraduate Diploma in Entrepreneurship and Innovation Management Preparatory Courses for University of London (Queen Mary) Global MBA Executive Certificate in Commercialization of Innovative Products Executive Certificate in Start-Up Formula Executive Certificate in B2B Market and Innovation Strategy Executive Certificate in Collaborative Innovation Management Executive Certificate in Digital Business and Innovation