BusinessInnovation & Entrepreneurship
Executive Certificate in Start-Up Formula
- Course Code
- Application Code
- Study mode
- Start Date
- 07 Nov 2017 (Tue)
- Next intake(s)
- May 2018
- 3 months
- English supplemented with Cantonese
- Course Fee
- HK$6800 per programme
Innovation is an essential pillar for sustainable growth in today&rsquo...
Innovation & Entrepreneurship - ICE Education
Innovation . Creativity . Entrepreneurship
Nurturing Innovators for Hong Kong
Speaker: Mr. Albert Au
Founder of AcesoBee Limited
Albert is the founder of AcesoBee (Cyberport Incubation Graduate), the creator of acesome, a portable and affordable personal Personal Care Plan (PCP) and Point of Care (POC) system transform from the bedside nursing care plan used in Hospital.
A self-made entrepreneur in the eHealth and HealthTech industry, Albert started out as a Healthcare Solutions Specialist at IBM China / Hong Kong., he successfully founded his first business venture Healthbasic.com and was acquired by Quality Healthcare in 2001.
Albert holds a bachelor degree in Computer Science and an MBA degree from the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology.
區恩庭先生 - 艾草蜂有限公司創始人
區先生現開發醫護通系統是把醫院中使用的床邊護理計劃普及化。區先生是從使醫療及健康科技企業家。區先生曾工作於國際商業機器公司中國/香港的醫療及健康科技部門為醫療解決方案專家。 1999年，區先生首次創業並創辦了當時香港第一的醫療保健網站和香港第二大醫療門診解決方案的軟件供應商的 HealthBasic.com 。 Healthbasic.com 並在2001年被香港上市的卓健醫療服務有限公司和eHealthcareAsia 全面收購。
The programme aims to:
1. Nurture entrepreneurial talents with the right mindsets and skillsets in creating and sustaining successful start-up business by transforming creative ideas into innovative products;
2. Enable students to understand critical elements in formulating a successful start-up business and assess supporting resources and available funding to build, develop, and sustain new business ventures; and
3. Equip students with a set of methodologies to effectively engage financial investors, key customers, and strategic partners in the early stage of start-up development.
Module Content is as follows:
1. Overview for Entrepreneur
2. Elements to Start
3. Building Business Models
4. Product and Solution Design
5. Business Plan and Implementation
6. Financial Management
Days / Time
- Tuesday, 7:00pm - 10:00pm
- 10 meetings
- 3 hours per meeting
Location: Hong Kong Island: Specific Location To Be Confirmed
Applicants shall hold:
(i) a bachelor's degree awarded by a recognized university or equivalent;
(ii) an Associate Degree / a Higher Diploma or equivalent, and have at least 2 years of work experience.
Applicants with other qualifications and substantial senior work experience will be considered on individual merit.
HKD150 (Non-refundable)Course Fee
- Course Fee : HK$6800 per programme
Application Form Download Application FormEnrolment Method
Complete and return the application form in person to HKU SPACE Enrolment Centre. For venue, please refer to our HKU SPACE website at http://hkuspace.hku.hk/learning-centre. The application must be accompanied with:
a) A non-refundable application fee of HKD150 (Cheque should be crossed and made payable to "HKU SPACE") to be submitted with the application for enrollment. The application fee will be used to cover the cost of processing and is non-refundable.
b) Photocopies of HKID card, relevant certificates/transcripts, and testimonials or other docmentary proof of the applicant's working experience. (Please bring original certificates/official transcripts and testimonials/documentary proof of working experience for certification at HKU SPACE Centres).Payment Method
1. Cash or EPS
Course fees can be paid by cash or EPS at any HKU SPACE enrolment counters.
2. Cheque or bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please specify theprogramme title(s) for application and applicant’s name. You may either:
- bring the completed form(s), together with the appropriate course or application fees in the form of a cheque, and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres;
- or mail the above documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope. HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment sent by mail.
Applicants may also pay the course fee by VISA or MasterCard, including the “HKU SPACE MasterCard”, at anyHKU SPACE enrolment centres. Holders of the HKU SPACE MasterCard can enjoy a 10-month interest-freeinstalment period for courses with a tuition fee worth a minimum of HK$2,000; however, the course applicant must also be the cardholder himself/herself. For enquiries, please contact our staff at any enrolment centres.
4. Online payment
The course fees of all open admission courses (course enrolled on first come, first served basis) and selected award-bearing programmes can be settled by using PPS via the Internet. Applicants may also pay the relevant course fees by VISA or MasterCard online. Please refer to the Online Services page on the School website.
For general and short courses, applicants may be required to pay the course fee in cash or by EPS, Visa or MasterCard if the course is to start shortly.
Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, cheque or PPS (for online payment only) will normally be reimbursed by a cheque, and fees paid by credit card will normally be reimbursed to the payment cardholder’s credit card account.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme team for details.
- Fees and places on courses cannot be transferred from one applicant to another. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on approved transfers.
- Receipts will be issued for fees paid but HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of receipt sent by mail.
- For additional copies of receipts, please send a stamped, self-addressed envelope with a completed form and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to ‘HKU SPACE’. Such copies will only normally be issued at the end of a course.