Business & ManagementInnovation, Creativity and Entrepreneurship
Executive Certificate in Start-Up Formula
- Course Code
- Application Code
- Study mode
- Start Date
- To be advised
- 3 months
- English supplemented with Cantonese
- Course Fee
- HK$6,800 per programme
The programme aims to:
1. Nurture entrepreneurial talents with the right mindsets and skillsets in creating and sustaining successful start-up business by transforming creative ideas into innovative products;
2. Enable students to understand critical elements in formulating a successful start-up business and assess supporting resources and available funding to build, develop, and sustain new business ventures; and
3. Equip students with a set of methodologies to effectively engage financial investors, key customers, and strategic partners in the early stage of start-up development.
Speaker: Mr. Albert Au
Founder & CEO of AcesoBee Limited
Albert is the founder of AcesoBee (Cyberport Incubation Graduate), the creator of acesome, a portable and affordable personal Personal Care Plan (PCP) and Point of Care (POC) system transform from the bedside nursing care plan used in Hospital.
A self-made entrepreneur in the eHealth and HealthTech industry, Albert started out as a Healthcare Solutions Specialist at IBM China / Hong Kong., he successfully founded his first business venture Healthbasic.com and was acquired by Quality Healthcare in 2001.
Albert holds a bachelor degree in Computer Science and an MBA degree from the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology.
區恩庭先生 - 艾草蜂有限公司創始人
區先生現開發醫護通系統是把醫院中使用的床邊護理計劃普及化。區先生是從使醫療及健康科技企業家。區先生曾工作於國際商業機器公司中國/香港的醫療及健康科技部門為醫療解決方案專家。 1999年，區先生首次創業並創辦了當時香港第一的醫療保健網站和香港第二大醫療門診解決方案的軟件供應商的 HealthBasic.com 。 Healthbasic.com 並在2001年被香港上市的卓健醫療服務有限公司和eHealthcareAsia 全面收購。
Speaker: Mr Billy Chung
General Manager, GoAnimate
Billy is currently the General Manager (Asia) of GoAnimate, a US-based company that developed a do-it-yourself (DIY) animation platform to help businesses create amazing animated videos quickly and easily. Its technology has also won a number of industry awards, including four HK ICT awards and one APICTA award. Billy is a business professional with over 15 years of experience running HK listed companies and emerging start-ups. He holds a MBA from the University of Toronto and an undergraduate degree from the University of Waterloo. He is also a finance professional with a number of accounting designations.
鐘定縉先生，GoAnimate Inc 總經理
鍾先生目前是GoAnimate Inc的總經理，GoAnimate是一家美國公司，自身開發了一個動畫平台，幫助企業快速和輕鬆地製作動畫視頻。其技術還獲得了多項行業獎項，包括四項香港ICT獎項和一項APICTA獎項。鍾先生是一位專業人士，擁有超過15年經營香港上市公司和初創企業的經驗。他擁有University of Toronto的工商管理碩士學位和University of Waterloo的學士學位。他還是一名會計專業人員和財務專業人士，擁有多項會計專業資格。
Module Content is as follows:
1. Overview for Entrepreneur
2. Elements to Start
3. Building Business Models
4. Product and Solution Design
5. Business Plan and Implementation
6. Financial Management
Days / Time
- Tuesday, 7:00pm - 10:00pm
- 10 meetings
- 3 hours per meeting
Location: Hong Kong Island: Specific Location To Be Confirmed
Applicants shall hold:
(i) a bachelor's degree awarded by a recognized university or equivalent;
(ii) an Associate Degree / a Higher Diploma or equivalent, and have at least 2 years of work experience.
Applicants with other qualifications and substantial senior work experience will be considered on individual merit.
HK$150 (Non-refundable)Course Fee
- Course Fee : HK$6,800 per programme
Application Form Download Application FormEnrolment Method
HKU SPACE provides 24-hour online application and payment service for students to make enrolment for most open admission courses (courses enrolled on first come, first served basis) and selected award-bearing programmes via the Internet. Applicants may settle the payment by using either PPS, VISA or Mastercard online.
Complete the online application form
Applicant may click the icon on the top right hand corner of the programme/course webpage to make online application, and then follow the instructions to fill in the online application form.
Some programmes/courses may be admitted by selection, and may require applicants to provide electronic copy of any required documents (e.g. proof of qualification) as indicated on the programme/course webpage. Only file format in doc, docx, jpg and pdf are supported.
Make Online Payment
Pay the programme/course fees by either using:
PPS via Internet - You will need a PPS account and a PPS Internet password. For information on how to open a PPS account and how to set up a PPS Internet password, please visit http://www.ppshk.com.
Credit Card Online Payment - Course fees can be paid by VISA or Mastercard including the “HKU SPACE Mastercard”.
To know more about online enrolment and payment, please refer to the user guide of Online Enrolment and Payment:
In Person / Mail
For first time enrolment
Applicants must provide all the required information on the application form and any additional information as required after the intial application assessment. Otherwise the School may not be able to process the admission/enrolment further.
- For first come, first served short courses, complete the Application for Enrolment Form SF26 and bring or post the completed form(s), together with the appropriate application/course fee(s) and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres.
- Award-bearing and professional courses may require other information. Forms are usually available at the enrolment centres or on request from programme staff. Bring or post the completed form(s), together with the appropriate application/course fee(s) and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres.
For continuing enrolment in the same course
In person or by post
- The standard ‘Enrolment/Payment Slip’ is designed for students of award-bearing programmes or remaining programmes in a suite of programmes requiring continuing enrolment and it applies to most programmes.
- Students should complete the “Enrolment/Payment Slip” which will be made available by relevant programme staff and return the slip to any HKU SPACE enrolment centre or post it to the relevant programme staff with appropriate fee payment.
If you are in doubt about the procedures, please check the individual course details, or contact our programme staff or enrolment centres.
Please note the followings for programme/course enrollment:
- Applicants should not leave the online application idle for more than 10 minutes. Otherwise, applicants must restart the application process.
- Only S-MILES and Early Bird Discount are supported in Online Applicants (Application). To enjoy other types of discount, please visit one of our enrolment centres.
- During the online application process, asynchronous application and payment submission may occur. Successful payment may not guarantee successful application. In case of unsuccessful submission, our programme staff will contact you shortly.
- Applicants are reminded that they should only apply for the same programme/course once through counter or online application.
- For online enrolment, payment confirmation page would be displayed after payment has been made successfully. In addition, a confirmation email would also be sent to your email account. You are advised to keep your payment confirmation for future enquiries.
- Fees paid are not refundable except as statutorily provided or under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment).
- If admission is by selection, the official receipt is not a guarantee that your application has been accepted. We will inform you of the result as soon as possible after the closing date for application. Unsuccessful applicants will be given a refund of programme/course fee if already paid.
The School provides a platform for online services for a selected range of products it offers. While every effort is made to ensure timeliness and accuracy of information contained in this website, such information and materials are provided "as is" without express or implied warranty of any kind. In particular, no warranty or assurance regarding non-infringement, security, accuracy, fitness for a purpose or freedom from computer viruses is given in connection with such information and materials.
The School (and its respective employees and subsidiaries) is not liable for any loss or damage in connection with any online payments made by you by reason of (i) any failure, delay, interruption, suspension or restriction of the transmission of any information or message from any payment gateways of the relevant banks and/or third party merchants for processing credit/debit/smart card or other payment facilitation mechanism; (ii) any negligence, mistake, error in or omission from any information or message transmitted from the said payment gateways; (iii) any breakdown, malfunction or failure of those gateways in effecting online payment service or (iv) anything arisen out of or in connection with the said payment gateways, including but not limited to unauthorised access to or alternation of the transmission of data or any unlawful act not permitted by the law.
1. Cash or EPS
Cash or EPS are accepted at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
2. Cheque or bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please write the programme title(s) and the applicant’s name on the back of the cheque. You may either:
- in person by submitting the payment, completed form(s), and required supporting documents to any of our enrolment centres; or
- by mailing the above documents to any of our enrolment centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope.
Course applicants, who are holders of HKU SPACE Mastercard, can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses of HK$2,000 and over. For enquiries, please contact our enrolment centres.
4. Online payment
Online payment for short courses (first come, first served) and selected award-bearing programmes is available using PPS, VISA or Mastercard. Please refer to the Online Services page on the School website.
- For general and short courses, applicants may be required to pay the course fee in cash or by EPS, Visa or Mastercard if the course is to start shortly.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, cheque or online PPS will be reimbursed by a cheque; fees paid by credit card will be reimbursed to credit card account used for payment.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme teams for details.
- Fees and places on courses are not transferrable. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on each approved transfer.
- HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment, receipt, or personal information sent by mail.
- For additional copies of receipts, please submit a completed form, a sufficiently stamped and self-addressed envelope, and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to ‘HKU SPACE’ to any of our enrolment centres. Such copies will normally be issued at the end of a course.
- Relevant Programmes
- Postgraduate Diploma in Entrepreneurship and Innovation Management Preparatory Courses for University of London (Queen Mary) Global MBA Executive Certificate in Commercialization of Innovative Products Executive Certificate in Intellectual Property Asset Management Executive Certificate in B2B Market and Innovation Strategy Executive Certificate in Collaborative Innovation Management Executive Certificate in Digital Business and Innovation