Accounting & FinanceInvestment Management
Executive Diploma in Sustainable Finance and Investment
- Course Code
- Application Code
- Study mode
- Start Date
- To be advised
- Next intake(s)
- Nov 2019
- 5 months
- English supplemented with Cantonese
- Course Fee
- HK$8000 per module. Total programme fee: HK$16000 (Course fees are subject to change without prior notice)
Become a Certified Sustainable Development Planner (CSDP) awarded by UNESCO HK.
Have the mindset that CEOs/COOs ought to possess and the practical knowledge a sustainability officer and investment analyst should acquire.
Learn from experts with Professional qualifications and experience.
*Our written materials are in English and deliver in Cantonese.
The programme aims to give participants a holistic view of the latest development of sustainable finance and investment. The topics cover a wide range of hottest issues in this field from basic sustainable investment to more in-depth social venture capital. As this field is a cross-disciplinary study and still emerging, a practical approach is adopted to outline the mindset change of decision makers with real-life case studies.
Students may choose to exit the programme after completing Module 1 for an Executive Certificate award.
Websites and News about Sustainable Finance and Investment:
Sustainable investing for impact by The Standard
Templeton Mobius reveals plans to launch EM, frontier market fund by International Investment
Companies shed more light on risk management by The Standard
On completion of the programme, students should be able to
1. Discuss the latest development of sustainable finance and investment;
2. Evaluate sustainability opportunities and risks;
3. Apply skill set in sustainable investing in their daily work;
4. Examine the relationship between investment return expectations, economic growth and sustainability initiatives;
5. Analyze and interpret the monetary value of sustainable investing.
Module 1: Introduction to Sustainable Finance and Investment:
Assessment: 2-hour Open Book Final Examination
Module 2: Application of Sustainable Finance and Investment:
Assessment: Group Project (Presentation + Powerpoint + Write-Up)
HKU SPACE has been recognized by the SFC as an approved CPT course provider.
|Application Code||1685-EP117A||Apply Online Now|
|Apply Online Now|
Days / Time
- Saturday, 1:00pm - 7:00pm
- 30 hours per module
- HK Island
Module 1: Introduction to Sustainable Finance and Investment
- Corporate Sustainability Basics
- Overview of Sustainable Finance and Investment
- Traditional vs Sustainable Finance and Investment
- Sustainability Analysis
- Social Innovations, Corporate Social Responsibility and Sustainable Finance and Investment
- Sustainability Life Cycle Assessment
- Insurtech for innovation
- Sustainable Banking Models
- How to write ESG reports for listed companies?
- Introduction to ESG investment analysis
Module 2: Application of Sustainable Finance and Investment
- Sustainable Finance and Investment (social responsible investing) in overall investment portfolio
- Integration of Sustainable Finance and Investment (social responsible investing) in business supply chain
- Behavioral Economics: A Possible Solution to Sustainable Finance Series I - Nudge, Libertarian Paternalism and the Case of Saving for Retirement
- Behavioral Economics: A Possible Solution to Sustainable Finance Series II – Behavioral Biases, Choice Architect, and further cases of Nudge Theory
- Carbon Finance
- Sustainability Valuation
- Communication in Sustainable Investment
- Portfolio Management in Sustainable Finance
- Risk Management in Traditional and Sustainable Finance
- Social venture capital and Sharing economy
- Mr. O. M. Chan has been working in the retail industry since 1991. He is now the Chief Financial Officer of a sizable retail group. Mr. Chan is a graduate of University of Wolverhampton where he obtained his bachelor’s degree in Law. He furthered his postgraduate studies in University of Dundee to obtain his MBA degree, the Hong Kong Polytechnic University for MSc in Information Systems and EMA in Innovation Leadership, LLM with China Business Laws and MA English Linguistics in the Open University of Hong Kong. Mr. Chan is a professional accountant with an international profile. He is a Chartered Accountant in England and Wales and Chartered Company Secretary in the U.K. He is also a Fellow member of the HKICPA, the ACCA, the CIMA and CPA (Australia).
- Mr. Ronald Mok has 25 years of experience in the fields of training, consultancy, education, banking and finance. He is currently a senior manager of a consultancy firm servicing corporates in the Greater China, and also a part-time lecturer of a local university. In addition, he has held training and lectures for an overseas university and some local tertiary institutions. Prior to taking up these positions, he worked for two international banks and one of the Big Four auditors, with extensive exposure to account management, credit and financial analysis as well as tax advisory. He is now a Doctorate candidate in Business Administration and has obtained degrees in MBA, MA (QA for Busines), MProfAcc and BEng from reputable local universities.
- Mr. Jacob Wai, FRM, CMA (Australia), has 20 years of experience in the IT industry, specialising in reporting and analytics solutions for companies across different industries from FSI to FMCG Retail with core focus in the Asian regions, with locations such as Australia, Beijing, Hong Kong, Tokyo, Seoul, Taipei and Singapore, but also experienced in global settings such as UK, US, Swiss and France. Mr. Wai is currently a Chief Data Officer in a leading Fintech company in Hong Kong. Formerly heading Data Governance for China CITIC Bank International, implementing the governance initiative for the BCBS239 framework, and prior to that, an Associate Director for Regional Trading Risk Analytics and Reporting IT for UBS AG and past roles includes global development lead for the VaR and PnL simulation aggregation and analytics system at HSBC, and heading the HK analytics consulting arm of Getronics HK, with expert knowledge of market risk analysis and reporting and limits monitoring, specifically in addressing BCBS239. He received a Bachelor of Engineering (Computer Systems) from University of Technology, Sydney, a MBA from University of Wales, and a Master of Laws from University of Greenwich, and a Doctorate Candidate in Business Administration. In addition, he regularly addresses at events as keynote or panelist in various forums and is a columnist in various publications.
- Mr. Mike Hui, CFA, has extensive teaching and training experience. He teaches finance and investment planning course at HKU SPACE for more than 17 years and is now an Adjunct Lecturer of HKU SPACE delivering courses of Chartered Financial Analyst CFA Examination and Advanced Diploma for Financial Planning programme to prepare students for Certified Financial Planner Examination. He also owns a consultancy company and for decade, he conducted banking and finance courses to banks in Hong Kong and Mainland China. Mike has over twenty years of banking & finance experience in various areas of merchant banking, commercial banking and wealth management. He is awarded Master of Science in Finance by the Chinese University of Hong Kong. Mike is a director of WISDP. He is pursuing a DBA program and his research interests include application of behavioral economics to sustainability issues.
- Mr. Angus Yip has more than 25 years’ hands-on banking and finance working experience. He is a veteran corporate banker (trade finance and syndication) at CCIC (an associate company of Bank One, which was later merged to JP Morgan Chase) and External Asset Manager for UBS, managing high-net-worth clients’ assets on discretionary basis. Angus obtained double Master Degrees from the University of Cambridge (Sustainability) and Lancaster University (Accounting & Finance) respectively. He completed the GRI Certified Training Program. He is also an Adjunct Associate Professor at Institute of China Business at HKU SPACE and the Chartered Banker (UK). Currently, he is a Director of Sustainability at CSG Group, a Hong Kong based leading market research and business consulting firm established in 1982. He is now working with listed companies on their ESG reports. He used to work with a sizable private equity fund for the ESG performance of its portfolio companies.
The Executive Diploma in Sustainable Finance and Investment award will be conferred to candidates who have achieved at least 70% attendance as well as attained pass grades in both modules of the programme. Students may choose to exit the programme after completing Module 1 for an Executive Certificate award.
Module 1: Introduction to Sustainable Finance and Investment (W53836)
|1||9 Mar 2019 (Sat)||13:00~19:00|
|2||23 Mar 2019 (Sat)||13:00~19:00|
|3||30 Mar 2019 (Sat)||13:00~19:00|
|4||6 Apr 2019 (Sat)||13:00~19:00|
|5||13 Apr 2019 (Sat)||13:00~19:00|
Module 2: Application of Sustainable Finance and Investment (W53836)
|1||4 May 2019 (Sat)||13:00~19:00|
|2||11 May 2019 (Sat)||13:00~19:00|
|3||18 May 2019 (Sat)||13:00~19:00|
|4||25 May 2019 (Sat)||13:00~19:00|
|5||1 Jun 2019 (Sat)||13:00~19:00|
Remarks: Tentative timetable is subject to change and course commencement is subject to sufficient enrollment numbers.
Applicants shall hold:
a) a bachelor’s degree awarded by a recognized University or equivalent; or
b) an Associate Degree/ a Higher Diploma or equivalent, and have at least 2 years of relevant work experience.
Applicants with other qualification and substantial senior level work experience will be considered on individual merit.
**Please upload copy of HKID and proof of degree while applying online.
HK$150 (Non-refundable)Course Fee
- HK$8000 per module. Total programme fee: HK$16000 (Course fees are subject to change without prior notice)
Online Application Apply Now
Application Form Download Application FormEnrolment Method
HKU SPACE provides 24-hour online application and payment service for students to make enrolment for most open admission courses (courses enrolled on first come, first served basis) and selected award-bearing programmes via the Internet. Applicants may settle the payment by using either PPS, VISA or Mastercard online.
Complete the online application form
Applicant may click the icon on the top right hand corner of the programme/course webpage to make online application, and then follow the instructions to fill in the online application form.
Some programmes/courses may be admitted by selection, and may require applicants to provide electronic copy of any required documents (e.g. proof of qualification) as indicated on the programme/course webpage. Only file format in doc, docx, jpg and pdf are supported.
Make Online Payment
Pay the programme/course fees by either using:
PPS via Internet - You will need a PPS account and a PPS Internet password. For information on how to open a PPS account and how to set up a PPS Internet password, please visit http://www.ppshk.com.
Credit Card Online Payment - Course fees can be paid by VISA or Mastercard including the “HKU SPACE Mastercard”.
To know more about online enrolment and payment, please refer to the user guide of Online Enrolment and Payment:
In Person / Mail
For first time enrolment
Applicants must provide all the required information on the application form and any additional information as required after the intial application assessment. Otherwise the School may not be able to process the admission/enrolment further.
- For first come, first served short courses, complete the Application for Enrolment Form SF26 and bring or post the completed form(s), together with the appropriate application/course fee(s) and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres.
- Award-bearing and professional courses may require other information. Forms are usually available at the enrolment centres or on request from programme staff. Bring or post the completed form(s), together with the appropriate application/course fee(s) and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres.
For continuing enrolment in the same course
In person or by post
- The standard ‘Enrolment/Payment Slip’ is designed for students of award-bearing programmes or remaining programmes in a suite of programmes requiring continuing enrolment and it applies to most programmes.
- Students should complete the “Enrolment/Payment Slip” which will be made available by relevant programme staff and return the slip to any HKU SPACE enrolment centre or post it to the relevant programme staff with appropriate fee payment.
If you are in doubt about the procedures, please check the individual course details, or contact our programme staff or enrolment centres.
Please note the followings for programme/course enrollment:
- Applicants should not leave the online application idle for more than 10 minutes. Otherwise, applicants must restart the application process.
- Only S-MILES and Early Bird Discount are supported in Online Applicants (Application). To enjoy other types of discount, please visit one of our enrolment centres.
- During the online application process, asynchronous application and payment submission may occur. Successful payment may not guarantee successful application. In case of unsuccessful submission, our programme staff will contact you shortly.
- Applicants are reminded that they should only apply for the same programme/course once through counter or online application.
- For online enrolment, payment confirmation page would be displayed after payment has been made successfully. In addition, a confirmation email would also be sent to your email account. You are advised to keep your payment confirmation for future enquiries.
- Fees paid are not refundable except as statutorily provided or under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment).
- If admission is by selection, the official receipt is not a guarantee that your application has been accepted. We will inform you of the result as soon as possible after the closing date for application. Unsuccessful applicants will be given a refund of programme/course fee if already paid.
The School provides a platform for online services for a selected range of products it offers. While every effort is made to ensure timeliness and accuracy of information contained in this website, such information and materials are provided "as is" without express or implied warranty of any kind. In particular, no warranty or assurance regarding non-infringement, security, accuracy, fitness for a purpose or freedom from computer viruses is given in connection with such information and materials.
The School (and its respective employees and subsidiaries) is not liable for any loss or damage in connection with any online payments made by you by reason of (i) any failure, delay, interruption, suspension or restriction of the transmission of any information or message from any payment gateways of the relevant banks and/or third party merchants for processing credit/debit/smart card or other payment facilitation mechanism; (ii) any negligence, mistake, error in or omission from any information or message transmitted from the said payment gateways; (iii) any breakdown, malfunction or failure of those gateways in effecting online payment service or (iv) anything arisen out of or in connection with the said payment gateways, including but not limited to unauthorised access to or alternation of the transmission of data or any unlawful act not permitted by the law.
1. Cash or EPS
Cash or EPS are accepted at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
2. Cheque or bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please write the programme title(s) and the applicant’s name on the back of the cheque. You may either:
- in person by submitting the payment, completed form(s), and required supporting documents to any of our enrolment centres; or
- by mailing the above documents to any of our enrolment centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope.
Course applicants, who are holders of HKU SPACE Mastercard, can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses of HK$2,000 and over. For enquiries, please contact our enrolment centres.
4. Online payment
Online payment for short courses (first come, first served) and selected award-bearing programmes is available using PPS, VISA or Mastercard. Please refer to the Online Services page on the School website.
- For general and short courses, applicants may be required to pay the course fee in cash or by EPS, Visa or Mastercard if the course is to start shortly.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, cheque or online PPS will be reimbursed by a cheque; fees paid by credit card will be reimbursed to credit card account used for payment.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme teams for details.
- Fees and places on courses are not transferrable. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on each approved transfer.
- HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment, receipt, or personal information sent by mail.
- For additional copies of receipts, please submit a completed form, a sufficiently stamped and self-addressed envelope, and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to ‘HKU SPACE’ to any of our enrolment centres. Such copies will normally be issued at the end of a course.
The World Institute of Sustainable Development Planners Limited ( WISDP ) is a learned society set up to provide training of Sustainable Development Planners (SDP) in all 3 components, namely Environmental, Societal & Economic, of Sustainable Development Goal (SDGs), an initiate campaign & programme in support of UN Agenda 2030. WISDP has been appointed as an educational provider by UNESCO HK to run its Certified Sustainable Development Planner (CSDP) programme.
A Memorandum of Understanding was made on November 1, 2017 between UNESCO HK Association and WISDP .The objective of the memorandum is to set out the basic understanding between the two parties to closely cooperate in the areas for the purpose of promoting UN Agenda 2030 and 17 Substainable Development Goals.It includes (i) development of curricula for professionals that address major issues in sustainable development; (ii) invitation of prestigious speakers and guests from different professional sectors to provide SDF expertise; (iii) quality assurance of related professional training programs; (iv) general promotion of WISDP and UNESCO HK events and courses.
- More Programmes of
- Investment Management