Business & Management Innovation, Creativity and Entrepreneurship
Given the development in the global environment on ArtTech and NFT, this workshop is developed to capitalize on the worldwide trend and address hot topics in the market that cater to the needs of students. It is a one-stop course covering the application of creating and launching NFT, ownership rights associated with Intellectual Property legislations, and marketing NFT for individuals and organisations.
- Acquire innovation knowledge and application skills in creating, minting and trading NFT
- Understand the risk and cybersecurity issues involved in NFT trading
- NFT Marketing skills for individuals and corporates
- Understand ownership and intellectual property legislations in the NFT market
Session 1 (10:00am - 1:00pm): The Making of ArtTech and NFT - Mr Elvan Yau & Ms Joanne Fung
Types of NFTs
- Animal Art (Ape - BAYC, Bears - Phanta Bear)
- DAO / Personal Photos (Godzilla everyday, IreneDAO)
Step by Step Guide to create your NFT
- How to turn your picture into NFT on Opensea
- How to create your collection of 10000 NFTs with rarity
- Pixelized NFT, 3D NFT
- NFT Scam / Token Scam
- Proper use of digital wallet (Safe your private key)
- Cold Wallet
- Recognise Scammers, Spam messages in decentralised world
Session 2 (2:00pm - 5:00pm): NFT Go-To-Market - Mr Elvan Yau & Ms Joanne Fung
Secret of Successful NFT
- Analyse Popular NFTs on different Blockchain (Worldwide and Hong Kong)
- Selection of Blockchain and Wallet
- Market places (Opensea, Magic Eden, etc.)
- Summary of elements to make the NFT successful
Launch of the NFT project
- Create Community (Activities, Utilities, Metaverse)
- Pricing Table
NFT and You
- Personal NFT
- Club NFT
- Traditional Communities / NGOs / Business and NFT
- Pricing Table
Session 3 (2:00pm - 5:00pm): IP and Ownership in NFT Market - Mr Arthur Au
- Special features of NFTs: A legal perspective
- The legal aspect of monetising NFTs and virtual assets management and regulation
- Introduction of IP Law and Practice in Hong Kong and PRC
- Metaverse and the Law
Who Should Attend
- Art Dealers
- Art Business Professionals
- Art Lovers
- Gaming Professionals
- IT Professional
- Museum and Gallery Curators
- Marketing Professionals
- NGO Fundraising Professionals
- Anyone interested to join the art market and ArtTech professions and NFT industry
Ms Joanne Fung
Joanne is an NFT investor and entrepreneur who has a strong belief in Crypto and Web3.
She is currently the Co-Founder and COO of RADIAN, a ZERO-code solution allowing users to create Web3 dApps using drag & drop editor. Joanne is very experienced in the NFT industry. She is the director of an NFT project, with the traction of 4,500+ followers on Twitter and 2,000+ members on discord.
Joanne is actively involved in the crypto community. She is the leader of NFT Artists DAO, with 500+ artists gathered and is a committee member of Satoshi Women and AllStarsWomen Ambassador.
Joanne is the founder and CEO of BENTO WORKS, an IT solution company. She has been involved in several blockchain projects on execution such as NFT marketplace development and transforming traditional products into blockchain/crypto projects. Joanne received her Interactive Arts and Technology Degree at Simon Fraser University.
Mr Elvan Yau
Elvan is a serial entrepreneur and investor. He is currently the CEO of RADIAN, a ZERO-code solution allowing users to create Web3 dApps using drag & drop editor.
Before co-founding RADIAN, Elvan served as the COO of a blockchain loyalty company, with USD3.7million seed-round fundraising. An all-rounder with multi-sector expertise, Elvan is the founder StepNpull Asia, a hygienic products company which is the authorised vendor of Hospital Authority, Great Eagle, Sino, JLL, MTR, Disney. Elvan co-founded Cryptotal.io in 2017, a payment infrastructure for cryptocurrencies. Elvan is very experienced in the FinTech industry, he was the person in charge of products in AsiaTop Loyalty and Operations in BlueOcean Pay. Earlier in his career, he worked in Citi Private Bank and HSBC. Elvan received his Finance & Economics Degree at the University of London.
Mr Arthur Au
Arthur Hue-Yeung Au, Barrister-at-Law, MCIArb, LLB (Bristol), MA (UCL), PCLL (CityU) is a qualified practising barrister in Hong Kong.
He specializes in tech law, intellectual property, data protection law and cryptocurrency regulations. He has previously advised local and regional clients on data protection law (both HK’s PDPO and EU’s GDPR), initial coin offering (ICO), cryptocurrency-related freezing order, pre-sale token purchase agreement, cybersecurity insurance policy, SaaS agreements and bio-tech regulations. Arthur is also building a research focus on PRC’s data protection infrastructure (including the PIPL and PRC Data Security Law). He is a member of the Hong Kong Bar Association, Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (CIArb) and PCPD’s Data Protection Officers’ Club (DPOC). From 2019 to 2021, Arthur was a Non-Executive Director at Aurum (Data Governance) Consultants Limited, and has previously published articles in various tech industry magazines, e.g. JUMPSTART, CPO Magazine, IoT For All and had given talks on issues related to tech-funding, startups, data protection and IoT regulations.
Statement of Attendance
Students who have achieved not less than 70% attendance will be awarded a Statement of Attendance by HKU SPACE.
|Start Date||17 Sep 2022 (Sat)|
- Course Fee: HK$4200 per person (Online payment available)
Early Bird Rate : HK$3300 (Application received one week before start date of the course)
Alumni Rate: HK$3300 per person (Please enroll at the Learning Centre)
Student who has completed or applied for Executive Workshop "Innovation in ArtTech & NFT" : HK$3300 per person (Please enroll at the Learning Centre)
Application Form Download Application FormEnrolment Method
HKU SPACE provides 24-hour online application and payment service for students to apply to selected award-bearing programmes and to enrol in most open admission courses (courses enrolled on a first come, first served basis) via the Internet. Applicants may settle the payment by using either "PPS by Internet" (not available via mobile phones), VISA or Mastercard online. Online WeChat Pay, Online AliPay and Faster Payment System (FPS) are also available for continuing enrolment in the same programme, if online service is offered.
For first time enrolment
Complete the online application form
Applicant may click the icon on the top right hand corner of the programme/course webpage to make online application, and then follow the instructions to fill in the online application form.
Some programmes/courses may admit by selection, and may require applicants to provide electronic copy of any required documents (e.g. proof of qualification) as indicated on the programme/course webpage. Only file format in doc, docx, jpg and pdf are supported.
Make Online Payment
Pay the application or programme/course fees by either using:
"PPS by Internet" - You will need a PPS account and a PPS Internet password. For information on how to open a PPS account and how to set up a PPS Internet password, please visit http://www.ppshk.com.
*Credit Card Online Payment - Course fees can be paid by VISA or Mastercard including the “HKU SPACE Mastercard”.
* HKU SPACE Mastercard cardholders who wish to enjoy 10-month interest free instalment scheme must pay their tuition fees in person at any of our HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
To know more about first-time online application/enrolment and payment, please refer to the user guide of Online Application / Enrolment and Payment:
For continuing enrolment in the same programme
Selected programmes offer online continuing enrolment service. Programme staff will inform students if they offer this service and offer further enrolment details.
Online Payment can be made via "PPS by Internet" (not available via mobile phones), VISA or Mastercard, Online WeChat Pay, Online AliPay and Faster Payment System (FPS)
In Person / Mail
For first time enrolment
For first come, first served short courses, complete the Application for Enrolment Form SF26 and bring or post the completed form(s), together with the appropriate application/course fee(s) and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres.
[Download Enrolment Form SF26]
Award-bearing and professional courses may require other information. Forms are usually available at the enrolment centres or on request from programme staff. Bring or post the completed form(s), together with the appropriate application/course fee(s) and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres.
For continuing enrolment in the same programme
The standard ‘Enrolment/Payment Slip’ is designed for students of award-bearing programmes or remaining programmes in a suite of programmes requiring continuing enrolment and it applies to most programmes.
Students should complete the “Enrolment/Payment Slip” which will be made available by relevant programme staff and return the slip to any HKU SPACE enrolment centre or post it to the relevant programme staff with appropriate fee payment.
Please refer to available Payment Methods for fee payment information. If you are in doubt about the procedures, please check the individual course details, or contact our programme staff or enrolment centres.
Please note the followings for programme/course enrollment:
- Applicants should not leave the online application idle for more than 10 minutes. Otherwise, applicants must restart the application process.
- Only Early Bird Discount is supported for Online Applicants (Application). To enjoy other types of discount, please visit one of our enrolment centres.
- During the online application process, asynchronous application and payment submission may occur. Successful payment may not guarantee successful application. In case of unsuccessful submission, our programme staff will contact you shortly.
- Applicants are reminded that they should only apply for the same programme/course once through counter or online application.
- For online enrolment, a payment confirmation page would be displayed after payment has been made successfully. In addition, a confirmation email would also be sent to your email account. You are advised to keep your payment confirmation for future enquiries.
- Fees paid are not refundable except as statutorily provided or under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment).
- If admission is by selection, the official receipt is not a guarantee that your application has been accepted. We will inform you of the result as soon as possible after the closing date for application. Unsuccessful applicants will be given a refund of programme/course fee if already paid.
The School provides a platform for online services for a selected range of products it offers. While every effort is made to ensure timeliness and accuracy of information contained in this website, such information and materials are provided "as is" without express or implied warranty of any kind. In particular, no warranty or assurance regarding non-infringement, security, accuracy, fitness for a purpose or freedom from computer viruses is given in connection with such information and materials.
The School (and its respective employees and subsidiaries) is not liable for any loss or damage in connection with any online payments made by you by reason of (i) any failure, delay, interruption, suspension or restriction of the transmission of any information or message from any payment gateways of the relevant banks and/or third party merchants for processing credit/debit/smart card or other payment facilitation mechanism; (ii) any negligence, mistake, error in or omission from any information or message transmitted from the said payment gateways; (iii) any breakdown, malfunction or failure of those gateways in effecting online payment service or (iv) anything arisen out of or in connection with the said payment gateways, including but not limited to unauthorised access to or alternation of the transmission of data or any unlawful act not permitted by the law.
1. Cash, EPS, WeChat Pay Or Alipay
Course fees can be paid by cash, EPS, WeChat Pay or Alipay at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
2. Cheque Or Bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please specify the programme title(s) for application and the applicant’s name.. You may either:
- bring the completed form(s), together with the appropriate course or application fees in the form of a cheque, and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres;
- or mail the above documents to any of the HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope. HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment sent by mail.
Applicants may also pay the course fee by VISA or Mastercard, including the “HKU SPACE Mastercard”, at any HKU SPACE enrolment centres. Holders of the HKU SPACE Mastercard can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses with a tuition fee worth a minimum of HK$2,000; however, the course applicant must also be the cardholder himself/herself. For enquiries, please contact our staff at any enrolment centres.
4. Online Payment
Online application / enrolment is offered for most open admission courses (course enrolled on first come, first served basis) and selected award-bearing programmes. Application fees and course fees of these programmes/courses can be settled by using "PPS by Internet" (not available via mobile phones), VISA or Mastercard. In addition to the aforesaid online payment channels, continuing students of award-bearing programmes, if their programmes offer online service, may also pay their course fees by Online WeChat Pay, Online Alipay and Faster Payment System (FPS). Please refer to Enrolment Methods - Online Enrolment for details.
- If the programme/course is starting within five working days, application by post is not recommended to avoid any delays. Applicants are advised to enrol in person at HKU SPACE Enrolement Centres and avoid making cheque payment under this circustance.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, WeChat Pay, Alipay, cheque or PPS (for online payment only) will normally be reimbursed by a cheque, and fees paid by credit card will normally be reimbursed to the payment cardholder's credit card account.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme team for details.
- Fees and places on courses cannot be transferrable from one applicant to another. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on each approved transfer.
- Receipts will be issued for fees paid but HKU SPACE will not be repsonsible for any loss of receipt sent by mail.
- For payment certification, please submit a completed form, a sufficiently stamped and self-addressed envelope, and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to "HKU SPACE" to any of our enrolment centres.
- More Programmes of
- Innovation, Creativity and Entrepreneurship