Executive EducationInnovative Marketing
Executive Workshop - Effective Family Business Transformation Strategy
- Course Code
- Application Code
- Study mode
- Start Date
- To be advised
- 6 hours
- English supplemented with Cantonese
- Course Fee
The workshop aims to offer its participants an overview of the issues of family run businesses and introduce strategies and options for corporate transformation. The course will elaborate ways to redefine corporate development priorities and how the organization structure and resources can be re-aligned to support future growth. Real-life case studies will be shared as references to assist participants to apply the different business transformational and managerial approaches in the current business environment.
Common challenges and issues faced by family businesses
Re-alignment of corporate development objectives
Organisation readiness in support to the new corporate management direction
Revitalization of an ageing brand
Why do Family Business need transformation
Many brands and businesses have been started with the vision and passion of a founder and grown to a sizeable business over the years. Some have been expanded and evolved to become multi-national companies and professionally run by corporate executives. And most others may continue to be family managed and operated. A study revealed that over 60% of private enterprises in HK and up to 85% in China are family owned, employing 65% of the workforce. While many of them have been well managed, there is an increasing desire for succession planning, in particular among the wealthy family owners in China to keep the succession for their next generation. However during the transition, the Company and its management team may face challenges such as differences in management philosophy between the two generations; compliance and corporate governance; organisation readiness and an ageing company brand and so on.
key learn objectives
- Have a good understanding of possible issues and challenges faced by family run businesses during transformation.
- Obtain an overview of possible ways and options to undergo the transformation with reference case studies.
- Self-assessment of the current situation and draft up initial transformation plan.
who should attend
Family business owners, the 2nd or 3rd generations of the business will find the course relevant and useful for their business development and succession planning.
Session One - Common challenges and issues faced by family businesses
Session Two - Re-alignment of corporate development objectives
Session Three - Organisation readiness in support to the new corporate management direction
Session Four - Revitalization of an ageing brand
Programme Date / time
Date: To be advised
Time: 7:00pm - 10:00pm
*Complimentary light refreshment will be provided
Adjunct Assistant Professor, HKPU
Part-time lecturer, HKU SPACE Executive Academy (SEA)
Former Executive Director and Deputy CEO of TSL Jewellery Group
Former Managing Director of Cards and Unsecured Loans of DBS Bank (Hong Kong)
Former General Manager of Destination Marketing of the Hong Kong Tourism Board
Lambert Chan is a seasoned CEO expertised in marketing, sales and customer service with 30 years of proven track record in a number of highly competitive industries including retail, telecom, tourism and banking.
Statement of attendance
A STATEMENT OF ATTENDANCE from HKU SPACE will be issued to all students who have successfully completed the workshop.
|Application Code||1565-1521NW||Apply Online Now|
|Start Date||11 Jan 2018 (Thu)|
|Time||7:00pm - 10:00pm|
|Venue||Admiralty Learning Centre|
|Apply Online Now|
Days / Time
- Thursday, 7:00pm - 10:00pm
- Mr. Lambert Chan (陳立業先生), Former Executive Director and Deputy CEO of TSL Jewellery Group
- Course Fee : HK$3000
- Course Fee : HK$5000 (Package for 2 persons or more should be enrolled under the same transaction)
- (Complimentary light refreshment is included)
Online Application Apply Now
Application Form Download Application FormEnrolment Method
HKU SPACE provides 24-hour online application and payment service for students to make enrolment for most open admission courses (courses enrolled on first come, first served basis) and selected award-bearing programmes via the Internet. Applicants may settle the payment by using either PPS, VISA or MasterCard online.
Complete the online application form
Applicant may click the icon on the top right hand corner of the programme/course webpage to make online application, and then follow the instructions to fill in the online application form.
Some programmes/courses may be admitted by selection, and may require applicants to provide electronic copy of any required documents (e.g. proof of qualification) as indicated on the programme/course webpage. Only file format in doc, docx, jpg and pdf are supported.
Make Online Payment
Pay the programme/course fees by either using:
PPS via Internet - You will need a PPS account and a PPS Internet password. For information on how to open a PPS account and how to set up a PPS Internet password, please visit http://www.ppshk.com.
Credit Card Online Payment - Course fees can be paid by VISA or MasterCard including the “HKU SPACE MasterCard”.
To know more about online enrolment and payment, please refer to the user guide of Online Enrolment and Payment:
In Person / Mail
For first time enrolment
- For first come, first served short courses, complete the Application for Enrolment Form SF26 and bring or post the completed form(s), together with the appropriate application/course fee(s) and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres.
- Award-bearing and professional courses may require other information. Forms are usually available at the enrolment centres or on request from programme staff. Bring or post the completed form(s), together with the appropriate application/course fee(s) and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres.
For continuing enrolment in the same course
A. In person or by post
The standard ‘Enrolment/Payment Slip’ is designed for students of award-bearing programmes or remaining programmes in a suite of programmes requiring continuing enrolment and it applies to most programmes.
- Students should complete the “Enrolment/Payment Slip” which will be made available by relevant programme staff and return the slip to any HKU SPACE enrolment centre or post it to the relevant programme staff with appropriate fee payment.
Selected programmes offer online continuing enrolment service. Programme staff will inform students if they offer this service and offer further enrolment details.
If you are in doubt about the procedures, please check the individual course details, or contact our programme staff or enrolment centres.
Please note the followings for programme/course enrollment:
- Applicants should not leave the online application idle for more than 10 minutes. Otherwise, applicants must restart the application process.
- Only S-MILES and Early Bird Discount are supported in Online Applicants (Application). To enjoy other types of discount, please visit one of our enrolment centres.
- During the online application process, asynchronous application and payment submission may occur. Successful payment may not guarantee successful application. In case of unsuccessful submission, our programme staff will contact you shortly.
- Applicants are reminded that they should only apply for the same programme/course once through counter or online application.
- For online enrolment, payment confirmation page would be displayed after payment has been made successfully. In addition, a confirmation email would also be sent to your email account. You are advised to keep your payment confirmation for future enquiries.
- Fees paid are not refundable except as statutorily provided or under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment).
- If admission is by selection, the official receipt is not a guarantee that your application has been accepted. We will inform you of the result as soon as possible after the closing date for application. Unsuccessful applicants will be given a refund of programme/course fee if already paid.
The School provides a platform for online services for a selected range of products it offers. While every effort is made to ensure timeliness and accuracy of information contained in this website, such information and materials are provided "as is" without express or implied warranty of any kind. In particular, no warranty or assurance regarding non-infringement, security, accuracy, fitness for a purpose or freedom from computer viruses is given in connection with such information and materials.
The School (and its respective employees and subsidiaries) is not liable for any loss or damage in connection with any online payments made by you by reason of (i) any failure, delay, interruption, suspension or restriction of the transmission of any information or message from any payment gateways of the relevant banks and/or third party merchants for processing credit/debit/smart card or other payment facilitation mechanism; (ii) any negligence, mistake, error in or omission from any information or message transmitted from the said payment gateways; (iii) any breakdown, malfunction or failure of those gateways in effecting online payment service or (iv) anything arisen out of or in connection with the said payment gateways, including but not limited to unauthorised access to or alternation of the transmission of data or any unlawful act not permitted by the law.
1. Cash or EPS
Cash or EPS are accepted at any HKU SPACE enrolment counters.
2. Cheque or bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please specify theprogramme title(s) for application and applicant’s name. You may either:
- bring the completed form(s), together with the appropriate course or application fees in the form of a cheque, and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres;
- or mail the above documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope. HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment sent by mail.
Applicants may also pay the course fee by VISA or MasterCard, including the “HKU SPACE MasterCard”, at anyHKU SPACE enrolment centres. Holders of the HKU SPACE MasterCard can enjoy a 10-month interest-freeinstalment period for courses with a tuition fee worth a minimum of HK$2,000; however, the course applicant must also be the cardholder himself/herself. For enquiries, please contact our staff at any enrolment centres.
4. Online payment (for the course/programme has online enrolment only)
The course fees of all open admission courses (course enrolled on first come, first served basis) and selected award-bearing programmes can be settled by using PPS via the Internet. Applicants may also pay the relevant course fees by VISA or MasterCard online. Please refer to the Online Services page on the School website.
For general and short courses, applicants may be required to pay the course fee in cash or by EPS, Visa or MasterCard if the course is to start shortly.
Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, cheque or PPS (for online payment only) will normally be reimbursed by a cheque, and fees paid by credit card will normally be reimbursed to the payment cardholder’s credit card account.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme team for details.
- Fees and places on courses cannot be transferred from one applicant to another. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on approved transfers.
- Receipts will be issued for fees paid but HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of receipt sent by mail.
- For additional copies of receipts, please send a stamped, self-addressed envelope with a completed form and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to ‘HKU SPACE’. Such copies will only normally be issued at the end of a course.