Accounting & Finance Accounting
Hong Kong Tax
- Course Code
- Application Code
- Study mode
- Start Date
- 05 Jul 2021 (Mon)
- Next intake(s)
- Jul 2021
- 2 months to 3 months
- English (supplemented with Cantonese)
Mode: Online via ZOOM https://hkuspace.zoom.us/meeting/register...
This programme aims to equip students with all-round knowledge in Hong Kong Tax; provide an opportunity for them to prepare for the Paper 2- Hong Kong Tax of Chartered Tax Adviser (CTA) Qualifying Examination offered by The Taxation Institute of Hong Kong (TIHK)
No assignment & Final exmination in the course
no specific entry requirement
total 21 hours
Hong Kong Tax (ACCT 9230) TOTAL 21 HOURS
- The Hong Kong Taxation System and Tax Administration under the Inland Revenue Ordinance
- Property Tax
- Salaries Tax
- Profits Tax
- Depreciation Allowances
- Stamp Duty
- Overseas activities, tax planning and anti-avoidance
- Personal Assessment
* Students are recommended to have basic accounting knowledge before joining the programme.
Mr. Ken Fan - FCCA, FCMA, FTIHK, CTA (HK), FCPA (Practising)
Mr. Ken Fan founded his own CPA practice in 2009 and was authorized representative, company secretary and financial controller of a listed company before. He has over 20 years’ post-qualification experience in auditing, accounting, taxation and financial management. He is a workshop facilitator and former examination marker of Qualification Programme and former marker of Practising Certificate – Law Examination Paper offered by the Hong Kong Institute of Certificate Public Accountants.
Ken holds Master of Business Administration (with Merit in Banking) and Master of Laws degrees from University of London International Programmes and a Master of Science in Accountancy degree from The Hong Kong Polytechnic University. He is a Certified Public Accountant (Practising) and Certified Tax Adviser in Hong Kong and Fellow member of the Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants, the Taxation Institute of Hong Kong, the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants and the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants.
Lecture Schedule (July 2021 Intake) (Tentative schedule)
- Venue: Island East Campus
494 King’s Road, North Point, Hong Kong (Exit B3, North Point MTR Station)
- Application Code 報名代碼：1935-1372NW
|1||5-July-2021||Monday||19:00||-||22:00||Island East Campus|
|2||12-July-2021||Monday||19:00||-||22:00||Island East Campus|
|3||19-July-2021||Monday||19:00||-||22:00||Island East Campus|
|4||26-July-2021||Monday||19:00||-||22:00||Island East Campus|
|Monday||19:00||-||22:00||Island East Campus|
|6||9-Aug-2021||Monday||19:00||-||22:00||Island East Campus|
|7||16-Aug-2021||Monday||19:00||-||22:00||Island East Campus|
- The class schedule is tentative. We reserve the right to make changes.
- A detailed timetable will be sent to registered students via email before commencement.
- The course will be opened subject to sufficient enrolment.
- If you are applying to / have enrolled for more than one programme/course with HKU SPACE, please check to ensure that there are no scheduling conflicts before submitting your application.
- HKU SPACE reserves all rights to make revisions or alternations to the course schedule, content, tutor or other details if necessary.
|Application Code||1935-1372NW||Apply Online Now|
|Start Date||05 Jul 2021 (Mon)|
|Apply Online Now|
- Applications will be accepted on a first-come-first-serve basis.
- HK$2730 per module
Online Application Apply Now
Application Form Download Application FormEnrolment Method
HKU SPACE provides 24-hour online application and payment service for students to make enrolment for most open admission courses (courses enrolled on first come, first served basis) and selected award-bearing programmes via the Internet. Applicants may settle the payment by using either PPS, VISA or Mastercard online.
Complete the online application form
Applicant may click the icon on the top right hand corner of the programme/course webpage to make online application, and then follow the instructions to fill in the online application form.
Some programmes/courses may be admitted by selection, and may require applicants to provide electronic copy of any required documents (e.g. proof of qualification) as indicated on the programme/course webpage. Only file format in doc, docx, jpg and pdf are supported.
Make Online Payment
Pay the programme/course fees by either using:
PPS via Internet - You will need a PPS account and a PPS Internet password. For information on how to open a PPS account and how to set up a PPS Internet password, please visit http://www.ppshk.com.
*Credit Card Online Payment - Course fees can be paid by VISA or MasterCard including the “HKU SPACE MasterCard”.
*HKU SPACE MasterCard cardholders who wish to enjoy 10-month interest free instalment scheme must pay their tuition fees in person at any our HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
To know more about online enrolment and payment, please refer to the user guide of Online Enrolment and Payment:
In Person / Mail
For first time enrolment
- For first come, first served short courses, complete the Application for Enrolment Form SF26 and bring or post the completed form(s), together with the appropriate application/course fee(s) and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres.
- Award-bearing and professional courses may require other information. Forms are usually available at the enrolment centres or on request from programme staff. Bring or post the completed form(s), together with the appropriate application/course fee(s) and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres.
For continuing enrolment in the same course
A. In person or by post
- The standard ‘Enrolment/Payment Slip’ is designed for students of award-bearing programmes or remaining programmes in a suite of programmes requiring continuing enrolment and it applies to most programmes.
- Students should complete the “Enrolment/Payment Slip” which will be made available by relevant programme staff and return the slip to any HKU SPACE enrolment centre or post it to the relevant programme staff with appropriate fee payment.
Selected programmes offer online continuing enrolment service. Programme staff will inform students if they offer this service and offer further enrolment details.
If you are in doubt about the procedures, please check the individual course details, or contact our programme staff or enrolment centres.
Please note the followings for programme/course enrollment:
- Applicants should not leave the online application idle for more than 10 minutes. Otherwise, applicants must restart the application process.
- Only S-MILES and Early Bird Discount are supported in Online Applicants (Application). To enjoy other types of discount, please visit one of our enrolment centres.
- During the online application process, asynchronous application and payment submission may occur. Successful payment may not guarantee successful application. In case of unsuccessful submission, our programme staff will contact you shortly.
- Applicants are reminded that they should only apply for the same programme/course once through counter or online application.
- For online enrolment, payment confirmation page would be displayed after payment has been made successfully. In addition, a confirmation email would also be sent to your email account. You are advised to keep your payment confirmation for future enquiries.
- Fees paid are not refundable except as statutorily provided or under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment).
- If admission is by selection, the official receipt is not a guarantee that your application has been accepted. We will inform you of the result as soon as possible after the closing date for application. Unsuccessful applicants will be given a refund of programme/course fee if already paid.
The School provides a platform for online services for a selected range of products it offers. While every effort is made to ensure timeliness and accuracy of information contained in this website, such information and materials are provided "as is" without express or implied warranty of any kind. In particular, no warranty or assurance regarding non-infringement, security, accuracy, fitness for a purpose or freedom from computer viruses is given in connection with such information and materials.
The School (and its respective employees and subsidiaries) is not liable for any loss or damage in connection with any online payments made by you by reason of (i) any failure, delay, interruption, suspension or restriction of the transmission of any information or message from any payment gateways of the relevant banks and/or third party merchants for processing credit/debit/smart card or other payment facilitation mechanism; (ii) any negligence, mistake, error in or omission from any information or message transmitted from the said payment gateways; (iii) any breakdown, malfunction or failure of those gateways in effecting online payment service or (iv) anything arisen out of or in connection with the said payment gateways, including but not limited to unauthorised access to or alternation of the transmission of data or any unlawful act not permitted by the law.
1. Cash, EPS or WeChat Pay
Course fees can be paid by cash, EPS or WeChat Pay at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
2. Cheque or Bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please specify the programme title(s) for application and the applicant’s name.. You may either:
- bring the completed form(s), together with the appropriate course or application fees in the form of a cheque, and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres;
- or mail the above documents to any of the HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope. HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment sent by mail.
Applicants may also pay the course fee by VISA or MasterCard, including the “HKU SPACE MasterCard”, at any HKU SPACE enrolment centres. Holders of the HKU SPACE MasterCard can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses with a tuition fee worth a minimum of HK$2,000; however, the course applicant must also be the cardholder himself/herself. For enquiries, please contact our staff at any enrolment centres.
4. Online payment
The course fees of all open admission courses (courses enrolled on first come, first served basis) and selected award-bearing programmes can be settled by using PPS via the Internet. Applicants may also pay the relevant course fees by VISA or MasterCard online. Please refer to the Online Services for details.
- For general and short courses, applicants may be required to pay the course fee in cash or by EPS, WeChat Pay, Visa or MasterCard if the course is to start shortly.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, WeChat Pay, cheque or PPS (for online payment only) will normally be reimbursed by a cheque, and fees paid by credit card will normally be reimbursed to the payment cardholder's credit card account.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme team for details.
- Fees and places on courses cannot be transferrable from one applicant to another. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on each approved transfer.
- Receipts will be issued for fees paid but HKU SPACE will not be repsonsible for any loss of receipt sent by mail.
- For additional certification, please submit a completed form, a sufficiently stamped and self-addressed envelope, and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to "HKU SPACE" to any of our enrolment centres.