How to Become a Lawyer (Law Training Program for Secondary School Students)
如何成為律師 ( 暑期法律課程 )
- Course Code
- Application Code
- Study mode
- Start Date
- 15 Jul 2019 (Mon)
- 30 hours
- Course Fee
The Summer Law Training Program for Secondary School students will immerse students in the theory and practice of law and to develop a roadmap for joining the legal profession.
Getting a head-start is vital in a field as competitive as Law. The pursuit of legal study is one of the greatest fascinations for our generation to equip students with rational thinking and the spirit of justice.
The Summer Law Training Program for Secondary School students will help them grow in understanding of the areas that underpin the legal system in Hong Kong, as well as giving their study skills a boost. It will enhance a student’s ability to think critically and conduct independent legal research into a topic and develop the skill of forming and articulating a point of view orally and in writing. Most importantly ‘The Summer Law Program for secondary students’ allows students to immerse themselves in the theory and practice of law and to develop a roadmap for joining the legal profession.
The Summer Law Training Program for Secondary School students is therefore an ideal opportunity for students to use a considerable portion of their summer to enhance their future possibilities in the field of Law. This course will be divided into two parts. The first part will focus on an introduction to the law, the legal profession and the mechanisms of the Hong Kong legal system. The second part will focus on the development of legal research and communication skills through cooperative problem solving and presentations. The teaching will be interactive and students are expected to actively participate in the class discussion and case study.
|Start Date||15 Jul 2019 (Mon)|
Days / Time
- Mon, Wed, Fri, 2:00pm - 5:00pm
- Classes will be held on 15 Jul, 17 Jul, 19 Jul, 22 Jul, 24 Jul, 26 Jul, 29 Jul, 31 Jul, 2 Aug and 5 Aug.
30 hours (3 hours per session / 3 sessions per week)
Admiralty Learning Centre
Applicants should be aged 15 or above. There are no specific entry requirements but, given the language of instruction, students should have competence in English language.
a) complete the enrolment form and enroll in the course(s)
(ii) by mail with cheque/bank draft to ‘HKU SPACE Summer School Office, 11/F, 250 King’s Road, Hong Kong’
Cheque/Bank draft should be made payable to ‘HKU SPACE’ with applicant’s name and course(s) applied written on the back. A photo of the applicant (in plain colour background, 45mm(W) x 55mm(H)) is also required.
b) apply through the School’s online enrolment system and pay by credit card or PPS.
If you are applying for more than one course, please check to ensure that there is no clash of class schedules before submitting your application.
- Fees and places on courses cannot be transferred from one applicant to another. Once accepted to a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on approved transfers.
- Receipts will be issued for fees paid but HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of receipt sent by mail.
- Receipts will only be issued once. For additional copies of proof of payments, please send a stamped, self-addressed envelope with a completed form and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to ‘HKU SPACE’. Such copies will only normally be issued at the end of a course.
For details of admission, information for students, enrolment centres and other information related to HKU SPACE Summer School, please visit our Summer School webpage.
1. Cash or EPS
Cash or EPS are accepted at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
2. Cheque or bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please write the programme title(s) and the applicant’s name on the back of the cheque. You may either:
- in person by submitting the payment, completed form(s), and required supporting documents to any of our enrolment centres; or
- by mailing the above documents to any of our enrolment centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope.
Course applicants, who are holders of HKU SPACE Mastercard, can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses of HK$2,000 and over. For enquiries, please contact our enrolment centres.
4. Online payment
Online payment for short courses (first come, first served) and selected award-bearing programmes is available using PPS, VISA or Mastercard. Please refer to the Online Services page on the School website.
- For general and short courses, applicants may be required to pay the course fee in cash or by EPS, Visa or Mastercard if the course is to start shortly.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, cheque or online PPS will be reimbursed by a cheque; fees paid by credit card will be reimbursed to credit card account used for payment.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme teams for details.
- Fees and places on courses are not transferrable. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on each approved transfer.
- HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment, receipt, or personal information sent by mail.
- For additional copies of receipts, please submit a completed form, a sufficiently stamped and self-addressed envelope, and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to ‘HKU SPACE’ to any of our enrolment centres. Such copies will normally be issued at the end of a course.