Introduction to Literary Analysis: IGCSE, GCSE, and HKDSE Literature in English
英語文學 ~ 應試篇
- Course Code
- Application Code
- Study mode
- Start Date
- To be advised
- Next intake(s)
- Jul 2022
- 6 weeks
- Course Fee
This course explores some of the poems, short stories, plays, and novels covered in IGCSE, GCSE, and HKDSE English in Literature in detail, and teaches key literary analytical skills, such as the thematic, narrative, and prosodic traditions from Renaissance to modern periods. That includes works by William Shakespeare, William Blake, John Keats, William Carlos Williams, Dylan Thomas, F. Scott Fitzgerald, James Joyce, Maya Angelou, Margaret Atwood, and others. Students will learn to read these texts under a systematic, critical framework and to develop their analytical and imaginative abilities to approach unseen poetry, a challenging exam section for many. Teachers, adults, and students of English Literature can join, and no literary experience is needed: This course prepares students to read for leisure, for exams, and for language enhancement.
- Introduction to Poetry: Poetic Technique, Meter, and Form
- Introduction to Romantic Poetry
- Introduction to Contemporary Literature
- Literary Representations of Dying and Death
- Types of Narrative Structures and Voices
- Symbolism & Imagery in Literature
|Start Date||20 Jul 2021 (Tue)|
|Time||2:30pm - 5:30pm (Tue)|
|Venue||Room 304, Admiralty Learning Centre|
- 6 meeting(s)
- 3 hours per meeting
- Course Fee : HK$2,800
a) complete the enrolment form and enroll in the course(s)
(ii) by mail with cheque/bank draft to ‘HKU SPACE Summer School Office, 11/F, 250 King’s Road, Hong Kong’
Cheque/Bank draft should be made payable to ‘HKU SPACE’ with applicant’s name and course(s) applied written on the back. A photo of the applicant (in plain colour background, 45mm(W) x 55mm(H)) is also required.
b) apply through the School’s online enrolment system and pay by credit card or PPS.
If you are applying for more than one course, please check to ensure that there is no clash of class schedules before submitting your application.
- Fees and places on courses cannot be transferred from one applicant to another. Once accepted to a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on approved transfers.
- Receipts will be issued for fees paid but HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of receipt sent by mail.
- Receipts will only be issued once. For additional copies of proof of payments, please send a stamped, self-addressed envelope with a completed form and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to ‘HKU SPACE’. Such copies will only normally be issued at the end of a course.
For details of admission, information for students, enrolment centres and other information related to HKU SPACE Summer School, please visit our Summer School webpage.
- More Programmes of