Executive EducationInnovative Marketing
Postgraduate Certificate in Shopper Marketing and Retail Management
- Course Code
- QF Level
- Study mode
- Start Date
- 16 Jun 2018 (Sat)
- 6 months to 8 months
- Course Fee
This programme aims to help students keep abreast of the most up-to-date trends in both shopper marketing and retail management. After completion of the programme, students will be able to apply shopper marketing and retail management related concepts to create unique shopper experience for sales generation. The relevant concepts include communication models for products and shops to target at the shoppers, selected and major aspects of managing a retail business, and the long-term relationship development after purchase will be taught.
Be an Emerging Business Leader with a Global Mindset and Entrepreneurial Spirit
Keep yourself ONE STEP AHEAD!
WHY YOU SHOULD ENROL
Merchandise variety and flexible purchase options are of paramount importance for today's extremely volatile retail environment. Only brands that focus on building excellent consumer experiences will lead the future development.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Middle to senior level people in:
Retail Business Management
Emerging Retail Channels
WHAT THIS PROGRAMME IS ABOUT
The programme aims at developing students as professionals who would be familiar with both retail management and shopper marketing. After completion of the programme, students will be able to apply retail management and shopper marketing related concepts to develop the best and comprehensive shopper experience. This includes the preliminary promotion of products and shops to the shoppers, different aspects of managing a retail business, and the long-term shopper engagement after purchase. The programme also focuses on the necessary knowledge for developing a thorough shopper experience management mechanism to improve the overall service quality and increase business return.
On completion of the programme, students should be able to:
- Apply the relevant shopper marketing and retail management concepts to enhance shopper experience;
- Identify customer 's needs and develop appropriate retail marketing plan;
- Employ appropriate channels and tactics to promote products and retail brands;
- Design appropriate shopper experiential strategy to enhance revenue and loyal customers of retail business.
To achieve what you want to be: successful, impactful and inspirational
Students can complete their PgCert studies in about 6 months. Alternatively, they may participate in a wide range of Global Masters, Executive Workshops, Business Mission and Study Tours, Business Field Trips, Alumni and Networking Activities.
10-month interest-free Instalment Plan
Government Financial Aid
- Sat - Sun, 9:00am - 7:00pm
- Mr. Bryan Ng (吳雷鈞先生), Programme Director and College Senior Lecturer
- Mr. Elliott Yuen (阮偉權先生), Former General Manager for Stroili Oro Greater China
- Mr. Samuel Lo (勞善聲先生), Former Product Director for Storage (Asia Pacific) of Oracle
- Mr. King Chau (周勁先生), Former Regional Marketing Director (Asia Pacific) of Montblanc
- Ms. Janette Shum (岑淑莊女士), Adjunct Associate Professor of HKU SPACE; Former Director of Marketing (Greater China Region) of P&G
- Mr. Kevin Yeung (楊仕名先生), Associate Head and Principal College Lecturer of HKU SPACE Executive Academy
Offerings from SEA may come in different forms depending on the speciality nature of the disciplines in concern. Nevertheless, they are all designed and delivered in accordance with the 4P Principle which gives them the edge over similar offerings on the marketing.
4P – Perspective, Professional, Practical, Prospective
Module / Workshop
Tentative Dates & Time
16 June 2018 (Sat)
2:00pm - 6:00pm
Experiential Retailing Strategy
TBC (Sat to Sun)*
Shopper Marketing and Brand Communication
TBC (Sat to Sun)*
Shopper Psychology and Experience
TBC (Sat to Sun)*
24 November 2018* (Sat)
2:00pm – 6:00pm
TBC (Sat to Sun)*
Leadership and People Management
TBC (Sat to Sun)*
Shopper Engagement and Loyalty
TBC (Sat to Sun)*
*Will further discuss with students
1. Module Duration:
18 hours for each module | 9:00 am - 7:00 pm (Sat and Sun)
Lunch Session: 1:00pm - 2:00pm
2. The class schedule will be finalised by 1 month prior to the start of the programme and it is subject to change.
3. The programme will be held at Admiralty Learning Centre/ United Learning Centre.
Assessment for each module
A written assignment or case study report in 1,000 words and 10 minutes presentation.
Individual assignment in 2,000 words or a 2-hour open book test
(a) hold a bachelor’s degree awarded by a recognised institution, with 3 years’ relevant work experience; and
(b) provide evidence of English proficiency (if the degree or equivalent qualification is from an institution where the language of teaching and assessment is not English) such as:
(i) an overall band of 6.0 or above with no subtests lower than 5.5 in the IELTS; or
(ii) a score of 550 or above in the paper-based TOEFL, or a score of 213 or above in the computer-based TOEFL, or a score of 80 or above in the internet-based TOEFL; or
(iii) HKALE Use of English at Grade E or above; or
(iv) HKDSE Examination English Language at Level 3 or above; or
(v) equivalent qualifications.
Applicants with other qualifications and relevant work experience will be considered on individual merit.
HK$150 (non-refundable)Course Fee
- Course Fee : HK$30000
Application Form Download Application FormEnrolment Method
HKU SPACE provides 24-hour online application and payment service for students to make enrolment for most open admission courses (courses enrolled on first come, first served basis) and selected award-bearing programmes via the Internet. Applicants may settle the payment by using either PPS, VISA or MasterCard online.
Complete the online application form
Applicant may click the icon on the top right hand corner of the programme/course webpage to make online application, and then follow the instructions to fill in the online application form.
Some programmes/courses may be admitted by selection, and may require applicants to provide electronic copy of any required documents (e.g. proof of qualification) as indicated on the programme/course webpage. Only file format in doc, docx, jpg and pdf are supported.
Make Online Payment
Pay the programme/course fees by either using:
PPS via Internet - You will need a PPS account and a PPS Internet password. For information on how to open a PPS account and how to set up a PPS Internet password, please visit http://www.ppshk.com.
Credit Card Online Payment - Course fees can be paid by VISA or MasterCard including the “HKU SPACE MasterCard”.
To know more about online enrolment and payment, please refer to the user guide of Online Enrolment and Payment:
In Person / Mail
For first time enrolment
- For first come, first served short courses, complete the Application for Enrolment Form SF26 and bring or post the completed form(s), together with the appropriate application/course fee(s) and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres.
- Award-bearing and professional courses may require other information. Forms are usually available at the enrolment centres or on request from programme staff. Bring or post the completed form(s), together with the appropriate application/course fee(s) and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres.
For continuing enrolment in the same course
A. In person or by post
The standard ‘Enrolment/Payment Slip’ is designed for students of award-bearing programmes or remaining programmes in a suite of programmes requiring continuing enrolment and it applies to most programmes.
- Students should complete the “Enrolment/Payment Slip” which will be made available by relevant programme staff and return the slip to any HKU SPACE enrolment centre or post it to the relevant programme staff with appropriate fee payment.
Selected programmes offer online continuing enrolment service. Programme staff will inform students if they offer this service and offer further enrolment details.
If you are in doubt about the procedures, please check the individual course details, or contact our programme staff or enrolment centres.
Please note the followings for programme/course enrollment:
- Applicants should not leave the online application idle for more than 10 minutes. Otherwise, applicants must restart the application process.
- Only S-MILES and Early Bird Discount are supported in Online Applicants (Application). To enjoy other types of discount, please visit one of our enrolment centres.
- During the online application process, asynchronous application and payment submission may occur. Successful payment may not guarantee successful application. In case of unsuccessful submission, our programme staff will contact you shortly.
- Applicants are reminded that they should only apply for the same programme/course once through counter or online application.
- For online enrolment, payment confirmation page would be displayed after payment has been made successfully. In addition, a confirmation email would also be sent to your email account. You are advised to keep your payment confirmation for future enquiries.
- Fees paid are not refundable except as statutorily provided or under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment).
- If admission is by selection, the official receipt is not a guarantee that your application has been accepted. We will inform you of the result as soon as possible after the closing date for application. Unsuccessful applicants will be given a refund of programme/course fee if already paid.
The School provides a platform for online services for a selected range of products it offers. While every effort is made to ensure timeliness and accuracy of information contained in this website, such information and materials are provided "as is" without express or implied warranty of any kind. In particular, no warranty or assurance regarding non-infringement, security, accuracy, fitness for a purpose or freedom from computer viruses is given in connection with such information and materials.
The School (and its respective employees and subsidiaries) is not liable for any loss or damage in connection with any online payments made by you by reason of (i) any failure, delay, interruption, suspension or restriction of the transmission of any information or message from any payment gateways of the relevant banks and/or third party merchants for processing credit/debit/smart card or other payment facilitation mechanism; (ii) any negligence, mistake, error in or omission from any information or message transmitted from the said payment gateways; (iii) any breakdown, malfunction or failure of those gateways in effecting online payment service or (iv) anything arisen out of or in connection with the said payment gateways, including but not limited to unauthorised access to or alternation of the transmission of data or any unlawful act not permitted by the law.
1. Cash or EPS
Cash or EPS are accepted at any HKU SPACE enrolment counters.
2. Cheque or bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please specify theprogramme title(s) for application and applicant’s name. You may either:
- bring the completed form(s), together with the appropriate course or application fees in the form of a cheque, and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres;
- or mail the above documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope. HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment sent by mail.
Applicants may also pay the course fee by VISA or MasterCard, including the “HKU SPACE MasterCard”, at anyHKU SPACE enrolment centres. Holders of the HKU SPACE MasterCard can enjoy a 10-month interest-freeinstalment period for courses with a tuition fee worth a minimum of HK$2,000; however, the course applicant must also be the cardholder himself/herself. For enquiries, please contact our staff at any enrolment centres.
4. Online payment (for the course/programme has online enrolment only)
The course fees of all open admission courses (course enrolled on first come, first served basis) and selected award-bearing programmes can be settled by using PPS via the Internet. Applicants may also pay the relevant course fees by VISA or MasterCard online. Please refer to the Online Services page on the School website.
For general and short courses, applicants may be required to pay the course fee in cash or by EPS, Visa or MasterCard if the course is to start shortly.
Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, cheque or PPS (for online payment only) will normally be reimbursed by a cheque, and fees paid by credit card will normally be reimbursed to the payment cardholder’s credit card account.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme team for details.
- Fees and places on courses cannot be transferred from one applicant to another. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on approved transfers.
- Receipts will be issued for fees paid but HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of receipt sent by mail.
- For additional copies of receipts, please send a stamped, self-addressed envelope with a completed form and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to ‘HKU SPACE’. Such copies will only normally be issued at the end of a course.
- More Programmes of
- Innovative Marketing